collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 28
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Author Topic: Monster High 28" Gore-Geous Ghouls  (Read 578 times)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Monster High 28" Gore-Geous Ghouls
« on: March 05, 2019, 08:50:09 AM »
I didn't see anything here on the forum discussing these super-large Ghouls…Mods, please feel free to merge if there's something I overlooked.

Anyone have the 28" dolls? (Monster High but also the one Ever After High 28" doll, Madeline Hatter)
Know of anyone who's done custom 28" dolls?
Have you made or bought clothes, wigs, accessories, props for your 28" doll?

Please share pics!
Thanks!

"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High 28" Gore-Geous Ghouls
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 08:01:06 PM »
I have Skelita and Maddie. Still in their boxes because they're so huge, I don't know where to put them. :dazed:

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:49:36 AM »
The youtube channel Poppen Atelier has some amazing customizing videos of the 28" dolls! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcYRw5J5-C8plZoeZ7x2QQw/videos
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 06:01:02 AM »
Thanks, RenegadeAngel and Crimson Kitty for the info!

I have the green and the purple MH 28" dolls - still in their boxes because the coffin box and accessories make a nice display.

But I was wanting to have one to play with, so I recently got a loose one on ebay, only $16 plus shipping. (I got lucky! Most of them are much pricier.) I was pleasantly surprised that even with the straight legs with no knee joints, the legs don't splay out when the doll is seated…the legs bend straight forward, so that's nice.

My doll will stand by herself in her shoes, I'm thinking the no-knee-joints is due to the height and weight of the doll, so they will stand. The shoes are pretty much glued on, but I won't take the shoes off mine - they have weirdly-shaped feet, again probably to help them stand.

On mine, the top of the head has sparse hair rooting, so I'm considering hand-drilling into the hard plastic for adding maybe 20-30 extra hair plugs. Probably using a pin vise, and going slow, so that a drill doesn't catch on hair inside the head. (Thank you to Diana at TheDollPlanetHair on etsy for mentioning that when I sent her a question about rerooting them!! It never occurred to me…)

After getting an out-of-box 28" doll, I've decided that I prefer the 17" dolls due to their clawsome articulation. Still, the 28" Ghouls are cool and I look forward to making some outfits and accessories for mine.

"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis