collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Author Topic: MH presence at Toy Fair 2019?  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Re: MH presence at Toy Fair 2019?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 08:56:27 AM »
it will be revived when girls find paranormal stuff "cool" again like they did when the first series came out.
Girls? It appealed to all genders. Tons of boys/men were/still are crazy about the MH dolls. That said, people never stopped finding paranormal stuff cool. It's just that the reboot seriously damaged the brand. Which was already seriously damaged after Garrett Sanders left Mattel. Afterward, the brand just got worse and worse, leading to its demise.

People might still find them cool but they aren't trending. Vampires and such were trending thanks to things like Twilight and Vampire Diaries. Now it's mostly unicorns and mermaids that are trending. Monster High was already starting to lag before the reboot. That's why they rebooted it because they hoped it would stop the slump but instead it just accelerated it.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Fantoma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scary Cute
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 07:22:07 PM »
Vampires and "such" were trending long before Twilight and Vampire Diaries and they still are. They always will be. Their popularity level is largely debatable. MH was not lagging before the reboot. And they did not reboot it for the reasons you mentioned but because they wanted to appease the mass of hysterical moms who were opposing MH because they considered the ghouls to be too freaky, too edgy and too sexy for kids and the moms in question also wanted the ghouls to look friendlier and less "monster-ish".
"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 01:49:44 PM »
I doubt MH will get a reboot, in a way I'm glad

I agree. As sad as it is they should have just left MH alone and not do the reboot.  I've never seen MH die so quickly it was a disgrace.  The excuse that they were trying to make a more kid-friendly MH was just ridiculous, kids were into MH when it first came out and they weren't scary. 

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Zombie pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »
Vampires and "such" were trending long before Twilight and Vampire Diaries and they still are. They always will be. Their popularity level is largely debatable. MH was not lagging before the reboot. And they did not reboot it for the reasons you mentioned but because they wanted to appease the mass of hysterical moms who were opposing MH because they considered the ghouls to be too freaky, too edgy and too sexy for kids and the moms in question also wanted the ghouls to look friendlier and less "monster-ish".
I mean, couldn't they just, not buy things they don't like/want their kids to have?

I never protested Barbie for being too boring and human for my tastes, I just never bought any Barbie dolls. :P

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 12:21:01 AM »

There were talking about the decline in investor presentations before the reboot happened. Yes they were trying to appease moms with the reboot but it was because sales started to lag.

I mean, couldn't they just, not buy things they don't like/want their kids to have?

That's what the problem was. They weren't buying them. Mattel is in the business to make money.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.