collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: Factory Mess ups. My Lagoona has two right hands!  (Read 757 times)

Offline QueenGab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
Factory Mess ups. My Lagoona has two right hands!
« on: February 23, 2019, 03:06:54 AM »
Hi everyone!

I thought it'd be fun to share some factory 'defects', and see if we have some in common... Yesterday while washing my ghoul spirit Lagoona' hair (I got her 2 days ago!) I realised she's got 2 right hands...  :blink:

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Factory Mess ups. My Lagoona has two right hands!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 07:26:26 AM »
That's so weird! My Lagoona from the same line also had two right hands! Luckily I had an extra Lagoona lying around so they swapped hands. I wonder if all of the We R Monster High Lagoonas were released the same way? :wonder:

If you bought her new maybe Mattel will send you free replacement hands? She was released so long ago it's probably way too late for that, but it might be worth a shot to email them.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 07:30:19 AM by respositob »

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 08:48:02 AM »
My sister's Dead Tired Abbey came with two left slippers.  When we contacted Mattel about it, they just sent an entire new one since they did not have slippers laying around to send.  But that was a very long time ago.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline battygirl71

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 03:18:14 PM »
Hi, my Gigi Grant also has two right hands!  I feel sorry for her as it is as she needs a new leg,as well!

Offline QueenGab

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 04:12:23 PM »
That's so weird! My Lagoona from the same line also had two right hands! Luckily I had an extra Lagoona lying around so they swapped hands. I wonder if all of the We R Monster High Lagoonas were released the same way? :wonder:

If you bought her new maybe Mattel will send you free replacement hands? She was released so long ago it's probably way too late for that, but it might be worth a shot to email them.

Ohhhh so it's a "common" flaw for that line then! I don't have any spare Lagoona's but I will definitely try to get one from my local Flea Market. It was  a second hand doll... So I don't think Mattel would send me any spare hands, moreover here in Spain customer's service is not half as efficient as in some other places!

Post Merge: February 23, 2019, 04:13:24 PM

My sister's Dead Tired Abbey came with two left slippers.  When we contacted Mattel about it, they just sent an entire new one since they did not have slippers laying around to send.  But that was a very long time ago.

Wooow that is so cool!!! I doubt they would now! My doll was a second hand find tho, so :/

Post Merge: February 23, 2019, 04:15:44 PM

Hi, my Gigi Grant also has two right hands!  I feel sorry for her as it is as she needs a new leg,as well!

Awww I hope we can find the doll parts/spare dolls (2nd hand, ebay, etc!). Its so annoying though, first time it happens to me!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:15:44 PM by QueenGab »

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 02:25:10 PM »
My Gloom and Bloom Jinafire has two right hands :dazed: Thankfully that's the only defect in my whole collection.

Offline respositob

• Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 03:21:42 PM »
Did anyone else's Monster Family Cleo come with a little section of burnt hair? I bought her new and when I unboxed her and combed her hair, I noticed that some of it looks exactly like when you burn doll hair with a flat iron. (Been there, done that. :blush: ) Luckily it's on the underside of her head, so I can hide it pretty easily and it doesn't bother me too much. Just curious if this was a common defect or a one off.

Ohhhh so it's a "common" flaw for that line then! I don't have any spare Lagoona's but I will definitely try to get one from my local Flea Market. It was a second hand doll... So I don't think Mattel would send me any spare hands, moreover here in Spain customer's service is not half as efficient as in some other places!

That stinks about Spain's lack of customer service! In the US it's pretty hit or miss. Good luck finding a left hand for your Lagoona! :)

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 07:28:19 AM »
EAH not MH, but I have a Featherly who, uh..

...has a little problem with her foot.  ^^;

I also had a weird incident where I deboxed a Jinafire and half her finger snapped right off, not sure what happened there..

Offline respositob

• Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2019, 08:17:48 AM »
Not a MH doll, but I bought a Beast doll from the Disney store on Tuesday and one of his legs is longer than the other!

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 08:39:02 AM »
Haha, good thread idea!

I bought a secondhand CAM Gargoyle manster awhile back, when he showed up he had two left feet!!

I thought it was hilarious because when people say someone can't dance or is clumsy,  they say 'oh, they have 2 left feet' - so I've kept him as-is.
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline QueenGab

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
Haha, good thread idea!

I bought a secondhand CAM Gargoyle manster awhile back, when he showed up he had two left feet!!

I thought it was hilarious because when people say someone can't dance or is clumsy,  they say 'oh, they have 2 left feet' - so I've kept him as-is.

Thats hilarious actually. Finding a replacement foot for that one might be tough. So yeah, for the laugh, you should leave it as it is! Hhaa

Offline taffeta

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2019, 04:10:13 PM »
I have a Raya doll from the Jem line who has two of the same hand (I can't remember which) and, a lot more awkwardly, a Mexican Shana doll whose hands are caucasian. I got her second hand but Mexican Jem doll hands are so delicate they break if you look at them, so it's really unlikely they were swapped. They wouldn't have survived the switch.

I don't see these as flaws, more quirks. I love when stuff like this happens because it makes them special :) Maybe I'm a minority :D

Admittedly I'd feel different about burnt hair mind you O.O. But mismatched hands? Nobody's perfect ;)
我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2019, 02:07:56 PM »

No, I just checked mine and it has regular left and right hands. So I guess it was a batch, maybe?
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline respositob

• Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 05:02:50 PM »

No, I just checked mine and it has regular left and right hands. So I guess it was a batch, maybe?

Ah, okay. It was probably was just a batch, then. :)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2019, 02:43:03 PM »
Haha, good thread idea!

Thats hilarious actually. Finding a replacement foot for that one might be tough. So yeah, for the laugh, you should leave it as it is! Hhaa

That's what I thought! I can put shoes on and it's not really going to be noticeable, but then I KNOW it's there anyway. I think it's funny.

I mean, they're monsters anyway…what's wrong with a mismatched body part or two?!   :biggrin:
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis