collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 24
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Dolls that were never released :/  (Read 992 times)

Offline QueenGab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
Dolls that were never released :/
« on: February 16, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »
So I know we are all still wondering about Ghostly Tea Party and Howling Hoodies. But I always wondered what happened to other dolls that have been seen but then never released! For instance that beautiful collection that was supposed to come out with the Lady Gaga doll... What do you think?  :cry:

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Dolls that were never released :/
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 03:44:21 PM »
Or Euna a wolf looking creature that had 9 tails, which I think they transformed into Silvi due to the cancellation of the MH/HEA crossover

Offline smileshy22

• Voltageous
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 05:52:04 PM »
Does the original version of Wydowna count?

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 05:18:29 AM »
Did they ever actually say the Gaga set was going to be released or was it just that photo? I always assumed it was just a one-off :O

Also weird! I was thinking about MH protos just the other day and considering making a thread for them, haha, what an odd coincidence.

First ones to come to mind are the anime figures that never made it, I'll see if I can find the photo.. (edit: found it!)

I'm still bummed that the kumiho character didn't happen :( The art for her was SO CUTE.

13 Wishes Clawdeen was different to the original photos of her, too (IIRC the original was blonde?) but I don't have those photos, maybe someone else does? She did get released though so idk if she counts.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:20:33 AM by Carrehz »

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2019, 07:22:25 AM »
Did they ever actually say the Gaga set was going to be released or was it just that photo? I always assumed it was just a one-off :O

I want to say I recall Mattel saying they were one-off dolls, but I'm not 100% sure.  I remember there being a lot of buzz at the time for Gaga accompanied by a line of little monster ghouls, but then Mattel stepped in and denied they were being made.

I always wanted Drama Class Draculaura, and have no idea why she was never made. 

Then there's the ones that appeared in the specials or cartoons that were never made.  Roller Maze Cleo was a big want for me, but then I was a big Cleo collector.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline QueenGab

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 01:37:46 PM »

Also weird! I was thinking about MH protos just the other day and considering making a thread for them, haha, what an odd coincidence.

First ones to come to mind are the anime figures that never made it, I'll see if I can find the photo.. (edit: found it!)

I'm still bummed that the kumiho character didn't happen :( The art for her was SO CUTE.

13 Wishes Clawdeen was different to the original photos of her, too (IIRC the original was blonde?) but I don't have those photos, maybe someone else does? She did get released though so idk if she counts.

I don't know I just assumed they would be released. They looked so pretty!! And yeah... Euna looked so cool...

Post Merge: February 17, 2019, 01:42:34 PM

I want to say I recall Mattel saying they were one-off dolls, but I'm not 100% sure.  I remember there being a lot of buzz at the time for Gaga accompanied by a line of little monster ghouls, but then Mattel stepped in and denied they were being made.

I always wanted Drama Class Draculaura, and have no idea why she was never made. 

Then there's the ones that appeared in the specials or cartoons that were never made.  Roller Maze Cleo was a big want for me, but then I was a big Cleo collector.

Yeah, my fav from the webisodes was Gloom and Bloom Lorna, would have loved to see that outfit!

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 01:42:35 PM by QueenGab »

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
I know she's not technically a doll, but I was really excited for Vinyl Operetta. :(

Does the original version of Wydowna count?

I always wondered why the never released her. Maybe they thought her design was too plain/not edgy enough for MH at the time?

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 06:19:25 AM »
Pharao/Seth Ptolemy who according to Garret was design but later canceled.

And I would also would've like:
Andy Beast
Johnny Spirit
13 Wishes Cleo
13 Wishes Ghoulia
The dark shadows of the core dolls
And a Griffin that appear once in a MH magazzine
And for fashion packs, Skelita's, Jinafire's and Clawdeen's Scaris designs

I don't remember Mattel every advertising that.
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline lilyflower332

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 08:47:06 AM »
I loved the great scarrier reef dolls and then finally watched the movie and gil's design is SO COOL! though its hardly humanoid, so in this case i understand ti not being made

Offline QueenGab

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 11:45:35 AM »
Guys, I found this link with all the "cancelled content" by MH. Found a lot of interesting stuff! Might be interesting if your curious or good material for customs!

Here it is https://monsterhigh.fandom.com/wiki/Cancelled_content

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 12:49:56 PM »
Guys, I found this link with all the "cancelled content" by MH. Found a lot of interesting stuff! Might be interesting if your curious or good material for customs!

The Griffin and Dragon fright-mares sound so cool! I would have like those better than the weird ice-cream fright-mare (one of the last ones)

Post Merge: February 22, 2019, 12:55:01 PM

Also, though none doll related, I would have like to know more about the builders and the catacombs. That story got swiped away with the reboot when MH became Dracula's summer palace instead of a school with history behind its founding
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 12:55:01 PM by nassib »
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Monsterfan95

• Two Left Hands
  • Fan of horror movies and scary characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 12:13:38 PM »
Dot Dead Gorgeous Cleo DeNile, Frankie Stein and Clawdeen Wolf, I wanted Cleo so bad.  :cry:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/22/a6/c422a61b8addd315a49f9eab35eef4b4.jpg
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 12:16:47 PM by Monsterfan95 »

Offline QueenGab

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 04:17:00 PM »
Dot Dead Gorgeous Cleo DeNile, Frankie Stein and Clawdeen Wolf, I wanted Cleo so bad.  :cry:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/22/a6/c422a61b8addd315a49f9eab35eef4b4.jpg
Wooow same! I loved those outfits, I hated to see them in the webisoded but then never in real dolls!

Post Merge: February 23, 2019, 04:20:22 PM

The Griffin and Dragon fright-mares sound so cool! I would have like those better than the weird ice-cream fright-mare (one of the last ones)

Post Merge: February 22, 2019, 12:55:01 PM

Also, though none doll related, I would have like to know more about the builders and the catacombs. That story got swiped away with the reboot when MH became Dracula's summer palace instead of a school with history behind its founding

Agreed! I think that what bothers me the most about the reboot is not the actual dolls but the swiping of the entire story!!! Ugh...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 04:20:22 PM by QueenGab »

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 03:26:51 PM »
Agreed! I think that what bothers me the most about the reboot is not the actual dolls but the swiping of the entire story!!! Ugh...

Same here. The dolls weren't the best, but I still enjoyed a lot of them. But why, oh, why did they have to omit characters and nearly destroy the story line? :annoyed: