collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

April 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Author Topic: How would YOU reboot Ever After High? Would you?  (Read 328 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Absolutely Abbeylicious
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Pet Collector
  • 100% Good Accented Rottish Ghoul
    • View Profile
How would YOU reboot Ever After High? Would you?
« on: February 05, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »
Unlike Monster High, I don't see Ever After High as having any sort of G2, as the new-look dolls don't really count for me. It was officially ended before Monster High, having a few TV specials under its belt and quite a few doll lines. I see this line even more rarely than MH (I actually saw a playset for Epic Winter in B&Ms!), and I think books were the last item to come out for this?

If you had the chance to reboot or relaunch Ever After High, regardless of budget, would you? HOW would you do it?

[And if you do, please release Dragon Games and Epic Winter on DVD so I can have them in my collection :c ]

Avatar Credit : Wookylee | Sig Credit : Seahawk270

MLP Gameloft Friend Code : 52b33c6 | MLPArena Account : Lady Frostbite

Offline lilyflower332

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Re: How would YOU reboot Ever After High? Would you?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 12:19:55 PM »
I was always more into MH than EAH, but i'd say i would add some more characters based off some lesser known fairy tales, maybe a fan contest where they could vote for the backgrounders to have a doll release. I would do like MH did and also have some fashion packs. And maybe some more creatures available, the few animals i saw were all...clunky looking.

Offline furyXIV

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • in parentheses, let me stress the fact clearly
    • View Profile
    • Drawings, Plush, and Dolls
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 04:34:37 PM »
I would try to schedule the release of the webisodes that promote the dolls more consistently with when the dolls are actually released. Like remember when the short that showed off Winter Apple and Maddie was released two months after the dolls came out or something? That was dumb.

Also, I would release Daring's signature doll in wave 2 at the latest. As a character he was the boy with the most ties to the other characters and in hindsight it boggles my mind that he wasn't released sooner. Maybe put him in a two pack with Dexter or something, I don't know.

On a more thing I just really wanted out of EAH before it kicked the bucket, I would have a Sparrow Hood doll made. With rooted hair, nice accessories, and proper articulation. Honestly under my rule, every EAH line would have Sparrow Hood included, he'd be the new Holly. Then I'd be fired for causing the line to fail a second time.
I dream of a day where I have shelves

Offline Fairy Tale Man

• Down Undah Diva
  • Ever After High Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 08:25:31 PM »
I like the line the way it was when it started. Good articulation, nice outfits, the movies were good, etc. Only thing I'd change is add more boys. A few girls would no doubt have younger brothers. Apple would also be canonically gay. They wouldn't dance around it by saying Darling's kiss was magical CPR or something...

Offline Wynnegen

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 09:12:35 PM »
Can't be magical CPR if it's True Love's Kiss from a Charming~

I would like to see a lot more of the boys get dolls. I think with Ever After High I'd just go back in time and re-do everything from Epic Winter on. The outfits weren't bad (at least the animated designs), but they lacked detail and those awful molded on tights were a giant mistake that hurt sales as much as they saved costs.

I'd also get rid of all the gimmick dolls and give us the special edition Holly we deserved in place of the sad molded-on top hairplay Holly.

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 02:07:31 PM »
I still miss EAH so much. I wish it had stayed how it was at the beginning when the dolls and their outfits matched exactly to their animated counterparts. I liked the original headmolds before the change. I loved the detailed accessories.
I guess if I had full control over a reboot I'd probably market and produce them as more higher end collectibles in order to retain the quality of the figures. I might consider aging the characters up to early 20s rather than teens. I wouldn't change their look, just the HS setting & drop them more into that fantasy fairy-tale world. I'd definitely loose the overt obsession with fashion some of the characters displayed. (They can still have awesome clothes and dress for events and have doll or fashion pack releases corresponding to those without some of the somewhat cringe-y lines that occasionally popped in the webisodes.) No molded on clothes or hair. No budget lines. Focus on good stories, adventures, and character interaction and match the merch. to it.
I still adore the animation style and would keep the webisodes + specials format and style but would have the specials at least available on DVD.
Sparrow would get a doll!!!

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 05:47:03 PM »
There were so many characters that I would have loved to see as dolls, like Ramona Badwolf, Lilly Bo Peep. Helga and Gus Crumb would have been an AMAZING two pack! And I'm seconding the idea of more boys. We needed a Sparrow Hood, Hopper Croakington II, Humphrey Dumpty, maybe even a Chase Redford. I'd also like to see a proper Daring Charming. You know, no molded on stuff.

Something that I think would have made the line especially interesting would be to eventually show the narrator Brooke Page and make her a student. I think a lot of fun could be had designing her. She could be encompassing of the general fairy tale theme, and maybe have a dress inspired by an old fashioned story book. As for making her a doll, I think it would make sense to release her a SDCC exclusive, that way a lot more effort could be put into her.