collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Author Topic: How long to hold a doll for a buyer than doesn't respond?  (Read 379 times)

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
How long to hold a doll for a buyer than doesn't respond?
« on: October 17, 2018, 11:24:20 AM »
Hi everyone!

As some of you know, I found the EAH Sweet Treat dolls in a Mattel Outlet in my city, and I have been custom buying and sending them to other Arena members who can't find them in stores, in the US and elsewhere.

An Arena member contacted me to get Sweet Treats Apple White for them on mid-August. I replied that I would get the doll for her as soon as I could make it to the outlet, which is on the outskirts of the city and a one-hour bus ride away from me. A couple of weeks later I finally made it out, got Apple, and sent her a message with a picture of the doll, the total and my paypal address. I didn't get an answer. I know life gets in the way sometimes, so I didn't mind a delay. A couple of days ago I sent her another message reminding her, or in case she hadn't got the first message, but still nothing.

Her profile said she was last in the Arena on September 6, before I even sent her the first message, and then nothing. Honestly at this point I just hope she's alright.

Should I wait more, or try to send her a message some other way? I only know her from MHA.
Since it's an outlet and it's been more than a month, I don't think I can return Apple. Should I put her up for sale here instead?

Thanks for any advice, I just don't want to do the wrong thing! :)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: How long to hold a doll for a buyer than doesn't respond?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 09:10:12 AM »
Personally, I would cancel the sale and find a new buyer for the doll. 
I generally give prospective buyers 14 days to get back to me and make payment, and then I relist the item or offer it to another buyer.  A month and a half is more than enough time.
Either something came up in the member's personal life which is preventing them from being active here, or they've simply chosen not to be active here any longer.  But either way that's not a reliable sale for you.

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."