collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

March 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: MH presence at Toy Fair 2019?  (Read 618 times)

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
MH presence at Toy Fair 2019?
« on: February 25, 2019, 07:42:09 AM »
Granted there were no dolls, but the Mattel hasn't totally given up on them yet. This does give me a glimmer of hope if it comes to fruition.

http://blogs.wvgazettemail.com/popcult/2019/02/20/toy-fair-2019-monster-high-descendents-dc-superhero-girls-lammily-wwe-and-other-fashion-dolls/

Offline Wynnegen

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Re: MH presence at Toy Fair 2019?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 03:18:45 AM »
Actually now that you mention it there's no way Mattel hired the guy from the Disney Channel, set up 22 TV or possible web expansions of IP and not even one was a Monster High related thing.

I saw the big mural, but considering they didn't show any Enchantimals things either and I feel like that line is on it's way out they might have just been trying to beef the image up so it didn't look bare.

Offline Fantoma

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 03:33:24 AM »
I wish I could share that glimmer of hope but I really doubt it will happen. Hopefully, Mattel will prove me wrong.
"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 12:12:23 PM »
Dang, so that's it for this year? No Enchantimals even? :( Toy Fair was pretty disappointing this year.

Offline Fantoma

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 06:51:21 AM »
It was pretty much expected that they would offer nothing at all for either the main line or the spin-offs.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 08:37:18 PM »
Dang, so that's it for this year? No Enchantimals even? :( Toy Fair was pretty disappointing this year.

I dunno if I would call it disappointing. Mattel maybe but there was lots of other stuff coming out from other companies.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Carrehz

• Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 10:15:09 AM »

I dunno if I would call it disappointing. Mattel maybe but there was lots of other stuff coming out from other companies.

-shrug- I wasn't able to find much this year. Glad it wasn't disappointing for you, though.

Offline monsteleon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fangtastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 11:03:30 AM »

-shrug- I wasn't able to find much this year. Glad it wasn't disappointing for you, though.

I agree.  I'm excited about some of the new Fashionistas, but nothing else wowed me, not just Mattel either.  The new Descendants dolls were also really lackluster and I just can't get into many of the new doll lines.  I was super-excited about the Wreck It Ralph Disney princesses, but I'm not sure I'm $200 worth excited.  :hmm:

For $200 I can buy a couple, maybe more, collectible Barbies and/or SDCC MH dolls I'm missing, so...yeah.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2019, 03:45:13 AM »

I agree.  I'm excited about some of the new Fashionistas, but nothing else wowed me, not just Mattel either.  The new Descendants dolls were also really lackluster and I just can't get into many of the new doll lines.  I was super-excited about the Wreck It Ralph Disney princesses, but I'm not sure I'm $200 worth excited.  :hmm:

For $200 I can buy a couple, maybe more, collectible Barbies and/or SDCC MH dolls I'm missing, so...yeah.

They are going to have $30 2 packs of the Comfy Princesses so you don't need to pop $200 if there's only a few that you really need.

I'll admit most of the stuff I'm excited about isn't fashion dolls. Before MH I collected MLP and LPS and SSC and similar stuff and I still do to this day. There were a lot of cute animal figures and small dolls. The Hairdorables have a lot of cute things coming up and the Candylocks dolls look really cute too.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline monsteleon

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Fangtastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2019, 02:14:16 PM »

They are going to have $30 2 packs of the Comfy Princesses so you don't need to pop $200 if there's only a few that you really need.
[/quote]

True, but you know they will split up the ones I really want, and then I'll be like,"Why don't I just get them all?"  :freak: :facepalm:

[/quote]
I'll admit most of the stuff I'm excited about isn't fashion dolls. Before MH I collected MLP and LPS and SSC and similar stuff and I still do to this day. There were a lot of cute animal figures and small dolls. The Hairdorables have a lot of cute things coming up and the Candylocks dolls look really cute too.
[/quote]

Oh yes, I forgot about the new LPS stuff.  From what I could tell it looks like an improvement over the current offerings. I don't collect MLP, but there always seems to be new stuff coming out, so that's cool.  I like Hairdorables and the Candylocks do look cute, but I just cannot start a new doll line unless it's something I LOVE.  I already spend way too much on all the other dollies I collect. 

I do think I'm going to have to collect the mini Disney princesses in comic book form though.  I need that Ursula. :inlove:

(Sorry for the visible "quote" in the message above--user error! lol)

« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 02:18:26 PM by monsteleon »

Offline Monsterfan95

• Home Ick
  • Fan of horror movies and scary characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 12:45:06 PM »
The line is dead

Offline QuirkyCat

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 12:58:47 PM »
The line is dead
Hasn't monster high been dead?
:)

Offline Fantoma

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2019, 04:37:42 AM »
MH started to die when the atrocious reboot begun. Now, it's dead and decomposing.