collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Monster High in Walmart Black Friday Ad  (Read 860 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Monster High in Walmart Black Friday Ad
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:06:25 PM »
https://www.bfads.net/stores/walmart/ads/black-friday/page-14

The pictures never exactly match what dolls they are getting in and while I would love to see the Howling Hoodies or Ghostly Tea Party dolls they will probably just be stuff that's been previously released. Still kinda neat seeing MH in a recent store ad.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Monster High in Walmart Black Friday Ad
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »
This is really unexpected.  Our Walmart phased out Super Hero Girls pretty early this year, and the last bit of MH we had went in the fall restocks.  I wonder if we'll even get them since they just got rid of the ones we had.

I won't go out on Thanksgiving this year, nothing I've really been hunting for, but we usually check Walmart Friday morning/afternoon.  I'll be sure to report anything if I see any at that time.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline aubreysmommy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 08:15:17 PM »
I wonder which dolls Walmart will have

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 12:03:22 PM »
The emoji or the swim suit ones probably

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 01:42:49 PM »
The emoji or the swim suit ones probably

The swim suit ones are already $5 MSRP so they probably won't do those since that's not much of a bargain for BF. I think emoji, the dessert line with the headbands, ballet, and Garden Ghouls are possible.
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline NikkiBell

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 07:07:17 PM »
I'd also think that Wal-Marts have been told to just put any Monster High they had left out, and mark it for $5. My local Wal-Marts did something similar over the summer - they had a bunch of MH out for $15-$7. Sadly, it wasn't anything great.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 08:18:09 PM »
didn't even expect to see black friday MH dolls
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 06:41:45 AM »
I'd also think that Wal-Marts have been told to just put any Monster High they had left out, and mark it for $5. My local Wal-Marts did something similar over the summer - they had a bunch of MH out for $15-$7. Sadly, it wasn't anything great.

In my state they are closed of Thursday but they usually get set up Wednesday night. In past years the company would send over a big pallet of dolls just for the event. These dolls often had a different SKU from the originals.

Here is the Disney pallet from last year. MH used to come similarly but I don't have any pics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb0yggOF6Qk/
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:43:01 AM by Wardah »

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 07:39:00 PM »
Well they had the pallets set up ready for Friday and it was really underwhelming. Just some Comic Book dolls and single little siblings. There were also some rereleases of older Babies and DCSHG Gymnastic and Training dolls.

Offline Konzern

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2018, 05:50:15 AM »
Our Walmart never got the Comic Book dolls, but I have zero interest in them.   Surprised, but also not, by the little siblings.  They didn't sell so well, so there must have been a surplus to send back, I suppose.

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2018, 11:05:46 AM »
Our Walmart never got the Comic Book dolls, but I have zero interest in them.   Surprised, but also not, by the little siblings.  They didn't sell so well, so there must have been a surplus to send back, I suppose.

I don't know why but I was hoping for something a little better. Like the later articulated slim box lines at least. They could have sent the Ballet dolls or the Garden Ghouls or even Electrified.

Honestly even Hasbro didn't have much for their offering. Just a few of the first series of basic princesses and some assorted Elena, Elsa, and Rapunzel the Series dolls.

The high points this year were more the Shoppie set, the Fingerlings set, and the Hatchimal. All those were at least exclusives that were never available anywhere else.

Offline Konzern

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2018, 11:39:58 AM »

I don't know why but I was hoping for something a little better. Like the later articulated slim box lines at least. They could have sent the Ballet dolls or the Garden Ghouls or even Electrified.

Honestly even Hasbro didn't have much for their offering. Just a few of the first series of basic princesses and some assorted Elena, Elsa, and Rapunzel the Series dolls.

The high points this year were more the Shoppie set, the Fingerlings set, and the Hatchimal. All those were at least exclusives that were never available anywhere else.

I kind of expected the Comic Book lines, or Emoji Ghouls or something like that.  I had very little hope for it, but Ballet could have been cool.  I only saw them once at Target. 

It looks like toys just aren't having a good year in general.  I was browsing the Black Friday ads everywhere, and Target only had eight pages of toys in all, whereas there were 14 pages of video games. 

That being said, even video games don't seem to be getting much space/sales this year.  A lot of sites had new games at full price mixed into the Black Friday sales.

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2018, 05:17:27 PM »

I kind of expected the Comic Book lines, or Emoji Ghouls or something like that.  I had very little hope for it, but Ballet could have been cool.  I only saw them once at Target. 

It looks like toys just aren't having a good year in general.  I was browsing the Black Friday ads everywhere, and Target only had eight pages of toys in all, whereas there were 14 pages of video games. 

That being said, even video games don't seem to be getting much space/sales this year.  A lot of sites had new games at full price mixed into the Black Friday sales.

I think Black Friday in general is scaling back. I don't know if it's because of the trade war or that more people are shopping online but there were less deals this year. Target actually closed and reopened instead of being open straight through the 2 days like they usually do.

Offline Konzern

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2018, 07:29:40 PM »

I think Black Friday in general is scaling back. I don't know if it's because of the trade war or that more people are shopping online but there were less deals this year. Target actually closed and reopened instead of being open straight through the 2 days like they usually do.

It does feel that way, doesn't it?  Black Friday just wasn't a huge thing this year.  We went to Walmart this morning hoping to pick up a game, but they were putting most things up.  The games had been moved to the bottom of the cases in the electronics section.  The only things still out were a few household goods, pajama sets, arts and crafts sets, dvds, and a few toys.

Offline misskindle

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2018, 12:23:53 PM »
I went and the display was mostly Barbie Fashionistas - even though they were budget, the Monster High dolls were the first cleared out. Went to two stores Thursday night and all I saw was one Pawla, two Ebbie, one Cleo, five Lagoona, and ten Fangelica. That was within one hour of opening.
Most of the Superhero High dolls were also cleared out. I only saw two. Disney dolls seemed to be hit or miss, and Barbie was everywhere.
I also bought two Fangelica because I noticed that she has two different faceups. One with eyes that matches the style of the other little siblings, and a second one that has twice the amount of eyelashes and looks more dramatic.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 12:29:18 PM by misskindle »