collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: The Elusive Maul Monsteristas 5-Pack  (Read 719 times)

Offline Bre’sDollyFinds

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
The Elusive Maul Monsteristas 5-Pack
« on: February 03, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »
Of course, since this is the five pack that got displaced to Canada and Mexico, it is almost virtually non existent save for two draculauras on ebay, though a few months ago the who pack was listed loose on Mercari, and of course someone bought it before I could get it, and currently it's on ebay for $240.

Through digging through many pages of google searches, I found a website that has it in stock for an actually reasonable price but since it's in chinese and automatically translated, I think it's just that, a chinese outlet website, however my friend who is a tech guru looked at it and isn't really sure about it, he doesn't collect dolls but I've gotten him into the ranting about parents trying to sell stuff that was destroyed by their kids for way too much money on ebay, and he's found a few things and bid on them out of boredom.

Anyways this is the website (https://www.lystsale.com/product_detail.php?c=monster%20high%20best%20ghoulfriends%20collection%205%20pack&p=19)- Please removed the link if not allowed. When I put the pack in the shopping cart to check the shipping price for when I do have money, because of the way the website is set up it registered as me having ordered it despite not putting any payment information in it, they did e-mail me about paying for it if I still wanted it pretty quickly.

I really want to get it once I get my tax return back eventually, but it would really help if there was someone willing to purchase the five pack and see how the transaction goes first, if they have an extra $80 (including shipping) that they're okay with potentially losing, considering it is tax season, and because my mom and I are supposed to move and I don't know when, and I haven't found another job yet here so I might have to wait until we do move, I don't want the only non-essential thing I'm going to buy with my tax return to turn out being a wash.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 04:49:11 PM by Bre’sDollyFinds »
Curiosity didn't kill the cat, Schrodinger did.

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: The Elusive Maul Monsteristas 5-Pack
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 02:03:38 AM »
Since it's direct from China, there's a chance these are fakies being sold with an official pic...

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 07:28:15 AM »
Yeah, this sounds pretty shady to me, tbh. Personally I wouldn't risk it, it's too much of a risk in my opinion.

I do hope you're able to find the pack somehow/sometime, though! It's a shame it was so badly distributed, they're really nice.

Offline Bre’sDollyFinds

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 11:41:45 AM »
Yeah, there is probably a chance for fakies, considering for every listing of fakies I report on ebay, another 2 pop up because ebay just does not care, even though fakies could be bought by people who don't know and potentially leach toxins.

Although, the cat's curiosity is never satisfied, so later down the road when I'm finished moving and have a decent job I may take the risk, as although it could be a fake with an official picture, on ebay they use direct pictures of the fakes, which kinda defeats the purpose of fakes but at least it stops the actual collectors from getting scammed, just not the people who buy them as presents.

And mattel really did a bad job with distribution, they could have at least offered it to the UK since supposed Target cancelled their orders of it, though I'm sure because it had Invisibilly it wouldn't of just sat there, even though some people may have just bought it for Invisibilly and put the rest up for sale.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:46:27 AM by Bre’sDollyFinds »

Offline RochelleGoyleFanatic

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 03:05:13 PM »
I only managed to get Clawdeen separate  :cry:

Offline Bre’sDollyFinds

• Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 04:44:17 PM »
If you have the change, I check ebay obsessively and there's two draculauras, a clawdeen and an ivisabilly loose, and a listing that has 2 quantity of the whole 5 pack for $240 USD.

You can also go through the whole tens of pages of google searching it and see if you get lucky with anything, I found a website that had the create a monster torso pack for $20ish that way.

What’s really sad is I just saw a new listing of a very beat up Invisibilly and Clawdeen with Spectra’s dress and without Billy’s shoes just appeared on ebay, because I follow that ebay search since the pack is so rare, so I got an email about it right before I went to bed.

What’s even sadder is that parent is trying to sell it for $53 plus shipping.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:36:41 PM by Bre’sDollyFinds »