collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Favorite Monster High character  (Read 344 times)

Offline Fantoma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Home Ick
    • View Profile
Favorite Monster High character
« on: October 07, 2018, 08:51:16 AM »
There's about 70 MH characters, including Silvi Timberwolf, Ari Hauntington and Treesa Thornwillow. Among all of them, which one is your ultimate favorite character ever? You know, the one that you absolutely adore, regardless of freaky flaws, and would have wanted to be included in every doll line ever released? Speaking of which, what is your ultimate favorite doll version of your ultimate favorite character?
"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Monster High character
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 10:18:26 AM »
I always liked Twyla for her personality and the ingeniously creative ways they explored the concept of a boogeyman through her designs. Signature is probably my favorite normal one, but Freak du Chic is also stunning.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 10:28:13 AM »
Ooof, that's a tough call. I have almost one of each character, including the Frightmares, Garden Ghouls bug fairies, thew new siblings, etc. (Only ones I don't are Hoodude, Batsy, Ari, Silvi, Cleo/Nefera's younger siblings, and Dana. Don't really like any of them.) so there's a lot to choose from for favourite material, and I really love them all, lol!

I'd have to say my absolute, number one favourites would be Neighthan and Lorna. Picking one between them is almost impossible!
They're both one-offs sadly, so I can't pick a favourite for them other than what I already have. They're both redressed though, so maybe that's my favourite version of them, lol!
Neighthan is dressed in a denim vest over a black leather jacket, black leather pants, and motorcycle boots, and Lorna is wearing a large poofy black wool sweater with white stripes, a green silk dress with a crocheted and beaded waist, and her regular shoes and her tam o' shanter. (It doesn't really match her outfit but I don't want to ever take it off because then there's no way to get it to stay on ever again!)
Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.
Looking for Ghouls Rule Cleo's necklace + scarf!

:kitty:

Offline smileshy22

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »
My favorites are Twyla, Lagoona and Draculaura. Out of all three, Twyla has to be my absolute favorite because we're so alike. :biggrin:

Offline RenegadeAngel

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Creeperific
  • Freaky Fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »
Tie between Twyla and Rochelle, but maybe Twyla slightly more since I can relate to her most. New Scaremester is my favorite version of her.

Offline Lala_Fan

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »
Frankie was my first ultimate favorite. What a sweetie! Once I started watching the webisodes I fell for Draculaura. I am a vegetarian and I loved that she is a vegan. My ultimate favorite version of her is my profile picture! I love her mostly pink hair and her movie poster dress!  Goregeous! I do not own or love all her dolls though.

I want to add that my ultimate favorite doll from the reboot is Dance the Fright Away Moanica. Her character is blah but that doll version of her is absolutely stunning.

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2018, 06:43:37 PM »
Favourite character in terms of dolls/looks: Almost definitely Rochelle
Favourite character in terms of canon/personality: Probably Toralei

Which is a pretty big contrast, now that I look at it. lol

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2018, 05:21:19 AM »
cupid and draculaura
^.^ :drac: :hearts: :rainbow:

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 09:16:59 AM »
Cleo (School's Out) and Mousedes (Sig).

I love the "spoiled princess with a heart of gold" trope, and when I first got into the line, it was Cleo that impressed me. "And I am nothing is not magnanimous."
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 03:48:31 PM »
Rochelle! Influenced by my non-MH-affection for architecture and Paris. She's a French gargoyle with wings, what's not to love?  LoL
For me, Ultimate Rochelle would be Scaris. Love her aqua hair. Although Shriekwrecked is pretty awesome too...I don't mind that she's a reboot.

I also really love the 'horsey' MH characters: Avea Trotter, Neighthan Rot, and Nightmare. I always love to see a horsey element.

As for dolls, for me the CAM Sea Monster and Bonita Femur are the cat's meow.   :blackcat:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:55:46 PM by DogMom »
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Absolutely Abbeylicious
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Pet Collector
  • 100% Good Accented Rottish Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2018, 06:14:35 PM »
Guess!  :biggrin:

Seriously, it has to be Abbey above all. I wanted her in all lines and she was the ghoul that got me into physically collecting the dolls. She is blunt, smart, strong, has a tough but loving heart. She gets a better deal in the 2D cartoons, the 3D ones tend to just make her all yak jokes, but she has some brilliant moments (she's a stand out in Fright Night Frights and my asexual self LOOOOVES her no-nonsense attitude in Why Do Ghouls Fall In Love?).

I love Frankie's sweet and upbeat nature. I thought I would be annoyed with the typical 'clumsy sweet' protagonist, but Frankie has her serious moments, and she honestly tries her best, she absolutely won me over! I think her black-and-white Skull Shores look is the best, she just ROCKS that bob!

Clawdeen gets another shout-out, as she was the ghoul that got me to try and take Monster High seriously, and remains a favourite. I love how passionate she is, I love how she tries to talk people down gently before losing patience and telling them straight (compare this to Abbey, who does not bother sugar-coating, and Frankie who has problems telling people point-blank). Plus, I love how she's not got a serious or recurring love interest; more ghouls without boyfriends, please! I wouldn't mind if she was straight or LGBT+, I just like ghouls who don't chase after others (blame my ace side!).

If we name the boys, hm, it's a toss-up between Deuce and Neightan with Neightan winning overall. Deuce I love when he's so chill and slightly bemused at the insanity around him (the moment when he discovers Clawd in a trash can in 13 Wishes and when he was the only one who thought the chaos would be funny in [oh shoot I can't remember the movie though I picture the scene, I'll be right back!] are big ones). It's a great contrast to the over-dramatic Cleo, and I was disappointed at the CRINGE that was his blowing a big dinner in Boo York (I honestly have to skip or mute it, it's physically painful for me) and the strangely out-of-character moment in Scaris when he's also convinced Cleo might meet other guys, despite being the one to reassure Clawd in the beginning.

Neightan is pretty much Frankie's perfect beau. He's just as sweet and clumsy as her, and gorgeous as well. It's funny he's pretty much the leader of his circle, despite being the sweetest and least bossy (that would be Avea), it's a good mirror of how Frankie is pretty much the leader of the ghoulfriends, despite Cleo's royal hand and Clawdeen's take-charge attitude XD
If I have not replied to you, please give me a PM! Super-busy and may miss some messages!

Offline SweetScreams

• Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2018, 11:33:47 PM »
Oh my Ra! One?? It's simply impossible XD

I started out loving Draculaura back in 2011. And I still like her. But over the years I've switched favorites a bit. I loved Lagoona, Scarah and Abbey too and at one time Nefera was my favorite. But I think Draculaura have been in my favorites list the longest :-)

Offline Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 10:30:29 AM »
I have to say Catty Noir. I adore black cats and pink. She is also so very sweet, and yet she still can stand up for herself.
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!