collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 29
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Nendoroid Wizarding World  (Read 352 times)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Nendoroid Wizarding World
« on: October 04, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »
I thought that I'd share this because I know that we have quite a few Harry Potter fans here.
Good Smile Company will be producing Nendoroids from J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World universe, starting with Harry.

http://special.goodsmile.info/harrypotter/en/

Harry is up for pre-order now through December 13th.  He will be released in April. 
No word yet on when Hermione and Ron will be up for pre-order.

So what do you think? 
Will you be ordering Harry, Ron, or Hermione?
Who else from the Wizard World would you like to see in Nendoroid form?

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
Re: Nendoroid Wizarding World
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:45:24 PM »
I'm not a huge Potter fan, but I think these guys are going to be pretty popular. They're really cute! I know at least a few fans who are probably going to be all over these.

Offline Claire85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 01:44:10 PM »
While I do love Harry Potter, I never really get merch except clothing related. They look really good though.
I hope they get stocked at like Hot Topic or Box Lunch or something. I've realized how tough it can be to get Nendoroids.
Nendoroids are pricey, so I have to be specific with the ones I get.
I only have Ariel right now.. But I have been eyeing getting some Haikyuu! and Idolish7 ones.

I just want Good Smile to do my Free! boys..

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 05:27:18 PM »
I have Harry on pre-order and fully intend to pre-order Hermione and Ron as well. :biggrin:
Ideally, I would love to see Newt and Snape (I'm in love with Snape ♥) in this line.

Claire, I would highly recommend checking out AmiAmi for Nendoroids, if you don't use them already.  They're discounted from Good Smile's store, you can choose from several mail couriers (Good Smile doesn't allow you to choose your courier), they have really good deals on pre-owned figures, and it's virtually always cheaper than going through a western retail store.
For example: I bought Nendoroid D.Va for $45.30 shipped.  But at Hot Topic she is $50.90 plus shipping, and at GameStop she is $59.99 shipped.
It's still a lot for one figure, but it's a little better.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »
I have Harry on pre-order and fully intend to pre-order Hermione and Ron as well. :biggrin:
Ideally, I would love to see Newt and Snape (I'm in love with Snape ♥) in this line.

Claire, I would highly recommend checking out AmiAmi for Nendoroids, if you don't use them already.  They're discounted from Good Smile's store, you can choose from several mail couriers (Good Smile doesn't allow you to choose your courier), they have really good deals on pre-owned figures, and it's virtually always cheaper than going through a western retail store.
For example: I bought Nendoroid D.Va for $45.30 shipped.  But at Hot Topic she is $50.90 plus shipping, and at GameStop she is $59.99 shipped.
It's still a lot for one figure, but it's a little better.

Yeah I have a few sites I'm keeping an eye on. Most of the ones I want are "older" so finding them on AmiAmi can be difficult, since I missed that window to order them.
Right now Ebay is the best bet since sites like HT and Gamestop really only have certain ones, like Overwatch and some randoms.

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 06:31:16 PM »
While I do love Harry Potter, I never really get merch except clothing related. They look really good though.
I hope they get stocked at like Hot Topic or Box Lunch or something. I've realized how tough it can be to get Nendoroids.
I only have Ariel right now.. But I have been eyeing getting some Haikyuu! and Idolish7 ones.

Sadly, GSC will never touch a KyoAni production again. :(

No one knows the details, but something went wrong during their production of the Free! Figmas a few years ago when the first season came out. They made Haruka and Makoto and that was it, and they haven't made a single product for KyoAni projects since. It's really baffling, because their K-On figures were crazy popular, and the Haruka and Makoto Figmas are impossible to find now, but they just don't do it for some reason.

It makes me super sad, because I'd totally love the Dragon Maid cast as Figmas or Nendos.

Also, for Nendos and other older figures, check out Mandarake. They're a large chain of secondhand stores in Japan, and I've had excellent experiences with them in the past. I've bought several figures over the years, and they were all in excellent condition (they carefully assess all intake items and list them according to box condition and item condition; I've gotten some brand new figures for great deals, because the boxes had dinged corners).
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 06:33:26 PM by Lhianneth »

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 06:54:51 PM »

No one knows the details, but something went wrong during their production of the Free! Figmas a few years ago when the first season came out. They made Haruka and Makoto and that was it, and they haven't made a single product for KyoAni projects since. It's really baffling, because their K-On figures were crazy popular, and the Haruka and Makoto Figmas are impossible to find now, but they just don't do it for some reason.

It makes me super sad, because I'd totally love the Dragon Maid cast as Figmas or Nendos.

Also, for Nendos and other older figures, check out Mandarake. They're a large chain of secondhand stores in Japan, and I've had excellent experiences with them in the past. I've bought several figures over the years, and they were all in excellent condition (they carefully assess all intake items and list them according to box condition and item condition; I've gotten some brand new figures for great deals, because the boxes had dinged corners).

Well that is so sad.. Aww. What a shame. KyoAni has such amazing characters. Not enough figures of all of the guys unfortunately. I have an Altair Makoto (my favorite guy) and a Haru one coming in the mail soon. And while I love them, I just want more.

I have definitely checked out Mandarake before, I just need to check it more when I am actually ready to purchase some haha.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 08:20:22 PM »

Oh no.  Why did you have to mention Mandarake?  I had completely forgotten about them, and now I'm on their site browsing... and I'm seeing fantastic things.  So many wondrous bargains on items that I've wanted for some time now but couldn't find elsewhere. :wow:

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 10:01:59 PM »

Oh no.  Why did you have to mention Mandarake?  I had completely forgotten about them, and now I'm on their site browsing... and I'm seeing fantastic things.  So many wondrous bargains on items that I've wanted for some time now but couldn't find elsewhere. :wow:

Hah! Revenge.  :clap:

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 04:11:11 PM »
I feel like I'm turning this into just a Nendoroid topic, so I apologize!

Has anyone had any experience with Crunchyroll's store?
I noticed that:
1.The two Idolish7 Nendoroids are currently for pre-order on there for the cheapest price I've seen them. I hate how pricey they can be..

2.That premium members (which my brother is) get a little discount.

I was just wondering how they were? I trust them, but I feel like it's good to get other opinions.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:13:48 PM by Claire85 »

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 06:44:40 PM »

I noticed that:
1.The two Idolish7 Nendoroids are currently for pre-order on there for the cheapest price I've seen them. I hate how pricey they can be..

I was just wondering how they were? I trust them, but I feel like it's good to get other opinions.

I have bought from them before! They're not bad at all, but better for someone in the US (being in Australia, their international shipping is actually pretty killer). They're often a bit overpriced on some products, but for items that are licensed by region, they're usually one of the top options (I think Idolish7 is one of those IPs, for example; so are a lot of products from Aniplex, so I've used them for statuettes before).

In terms of other stores, also recommend Hobby Life Japan, and especially Big Bad Toy Store if you're in the US, though. BBTS does more western items, but does carry some Nendoroids and Figmas, etc. from Japan, usually at very good prices. My absolute last resorts are Nippon Yasan and CD Japan. They're more expensive, and they both typically require pre-paid for pre-orders rather than pay-when-it-comes, like HLJ and AmiAmi.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 07:11:57 PM »

I noticed that:

I have bought from them before! They're not bad at all, but better for someone in the US (being in Australia, their international shipping is actually pretty killer). They're often a bit overpriced on some products, but for items that are licensed by region, they're usually one of the top options (I think Idolish7 is one of those IPs, for example; so are a lot of products from Aniplex, so I've used them for statuettes before).

In terms of other stores, also recommend Hobby Life Japan, and especially Big Bad Toy Store if you're in the US, though. BBTS does more western items, but does carry some Nendoroids and Figmas, etc. from Japan, usually at very good prices. My absolute last resorts are Nippon Yasan and CD Japan. They're more expensive, and they both typically require pre-paid for pre-orders rather than pay-when-it-comes, like HLJ and AmiAmi.

Thank you for the advice! Unfortunately, BBTS only has one available for the preorder at this point, and I would rather get both at the same time.
It looks like Tokyo Otaku Mode also has them, and a bit cheaper, plus they are having a sale tomorrow. So I may go for them, but it's awesome to know that CR's shop is good.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:15:22 PM by Claire85 »

Offline Lhianneth

• Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 08:48:30 PM »

I noticed that:

Thank you for the advice! Unfortunately, BBTS only has one available for the preorder at this point, and I would rather get both at the same time.
It looks like Tokyo Otaku Mode also has them, and a bit cheaper, plus they are having a sale tomorrow. So I may go for them, but it's awesome to know that CR's shop is good.

Oh, that's good news! :D

I haven't used Tokyo Otaku Mode before, but I get a lot of ads for them online. They seem pretty good!

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »
Haha scratch all of that.. I went with a site called Eknight Media and got them cheaper and with free shipping.
I also don't have to pay right away; only when the items actually are ready to ship, so I can prepare better.