collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Tumblr doll purchase gone bad?  (Read 550 times)

Offline ghostasaurusrex

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
    • Ghostasaurusrex's toy blog
Tumblr doll purchase gone bad?
« on: September 28, 2018, 09:15:54 PM »
Hello all, i am in need of some support with a non-site sale. I have recently purchased 5 dolls from a user on tumblr but after the first time i sent the payment things went awry. The first time i sent them a payment, i was told that the money was put on "hold" on their side so I would have to wait for it to be fully given to her so she could send the dolls. I thought that was fair since i don't have much knowledge on how paypal works, however, a day later it got refunded back to my paypal. I sent the user a message about it and noted my interest still in the dolls. She had me resend the money about two days ago and then today i have discovered their tumblr account was deleted.

I am assuming that paypal has no way for me to contact this seller so should just report that there is a problem as now i have lost my contact method with the seller?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Tumblr doll purchase gone bad?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
Oh my goodness.  That is terrible.  I'm so sorry, ghostasaurusrex. :(
Did they delete their own account?  Or was it closed down by Tumblr?  In either case that's not good.

You should be able to contact the seller through PayPal.  Or rather, you should have access to their email address through PayPal.  Click on the transaction and their email address should be displayed there on the right-hand side of the drop down box.

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2018, 06:20:34 AM »
You should be able to open a dispute on Paypal, though you might have to wait a bit as it's been so recent.  Here's the information from Paypal's help section.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I had to open some recently, and Paypal was really helpful about it.  If I didn't know what I was doing or needed help, it's very easy to get someone on chat just for disputes. 
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline ghostasaurusrex

• Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2018, 11:59:27 PM »
@SaelaVe
I will be honest i am not sure, i just checked the account and noticed I am getting a page saying not found.

After some digging on paypal I found the email address and sent an note with my email seeking just the status of this transaction. I gave the person 15 days to get back to me, send the dolls, or refund me the $ before i open a dispute. Does that sound fair?

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 12:09:46 PM »
So I thought that I would come and post this here since I had a situation that arose with PayPal over the weekend which mirrors what you've experienced.

I've been selling on eBay for twelve years, but I recently changed the email address that I have attached to my PayPal account.  Well, silly me forgot to change the email address on eBay.  So I sold an item over the weekend and the payment was sent to an email address that was no longer attached to PayPal.  I reattached the email address and sure enough, the payment showed up in my PayPal account.... but in "on hold" status. 
I looked it up and it turns out that PayPal does this with all new accounts, with accounts which have been inactive for a while, when a transaction is unusual for the selling patterns of that seller, or when a seller has a high rate of disputes.  They can hold the money for up to 21 days, however, the seller is still required to ship to their buyer even while the money is on hold.  In fact, PayPal even states in their help section that the money will be released to the seller sooner if they ship promptly and—in the case of eBay—receive positive feedback from their buyer.
Because the email address that my buyer had sent their payment to was no longer attached to my account, it looked as though it was a new account.  In fact, I received payment for two more auctions after reattaching the email address, and they cleared immediately.

This is PayPal holding the funds.  It isn't a problem on the part of the buyer's account.
My guess is that your seller freaked out when she saw the "on hold" status of your transaction, thought that something was wrong on your end, and refunded you the money.  But she was, in actuality, required to send you your dolls even while the money was on hold.  She's not supposed to wait for the money to come off of hold status to ship.

OR... she might be up to Shady McShadyness and got herself into trouble with both PayPal and Tumblr. :huh:

@SaelaVe
I will be honest i am not sure, i just checked the account and noticed I am getting a page saying not found.

After some digging on paypal I found the email address and sent an note with my email seeking just the status of this transaction. I gave the person 15 days to get back to me, send the dolls, or refund me the $ before i open a dispute. Does that sound fair?

I think that sounds more than fair.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:11:57 PM by SaelaVe »

Offline ghostasaurusrex

• Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 02:09:26 AM »
@SaelaVe
Thank you for all this good information!! Though i don't have much hope in this exchange right now, this is vital knowledge for the future.

It seems like a few more people on tumblr have come out of the wood works about this seller. It has lowered my hope that anything will come of the transaction but i will keep to my word just in case.