collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 10
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Hair Matching Pointers  (Read 800 times)

Offline HollowedBone

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
Hair Matching Pointers
« on: September 26, 2018, 12:04:52 PM »
Does anyone have and tips or tricks to matching doll hair to online photos? i have a doll that i want to do a partial re-root on (she has a couple bald spots) but I'm having trouble deciding what her hair is a mix of when looking at images online.
So Much Fabric So Few Dolls!!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Hair Matching Pointers
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
Which doll is it?  It may be that someone has already worked with that doll and can tell you exactly which colors are a match.

Offline HollowedBone

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 01:32:03 PM »
Which doll is it?  It may be that someone has already worked with that doll and can tell you exactly which colors are a match.
Can't believe i forgot to add that to the original post  :P It's a hunger games Katniss, specifically the Mockingjay version, I know she has a mix of black and brown, i'm just worried the black is throwing off the true colour of the brown
So Much Fabric So Few Dolls!!

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 02:27:39 PM »
I got some great advice recently from Diana over at TheDollPlanetHair on etsy regarding black/brown blended hair.

I wanted to get some pre-blended hair for a project, I wanted it to be 'black' but with highlights and lowlights, so that it wasn't just 'flat' looking in pics. She actually recommended a very light brown color (Skywalker) to blend with the black, and when I asked why, she said it's because the black color tends to overwhelm the lighter color - like when you add black paint to a lighter color paint. And she was quite right - when the hair order showed up, it definitely looked black, the light brown hair just offered a little dimension and sparkle.

Maybe for such a well-known character, you might be able to find a YouTube tutorial on rerooting her that offers what colors to use? Or you could even contact one of the doll hair suppliers for advice?

Good luck!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis