collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Boo York  (Read 320 times)

Offline Lala_Fan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Boo York
« on: September 22, 2018, 10:53:53 PM »
Does anyone know why we did not get a Frankie Boo York doll? Personally I would have liked a Lagoona and Ghoulia too simply because these dolls are sparkly/shiny. 

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Boo York
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 07:08:12 AM »
From what I recall reading, especially from Garret Sanders, the line went through a few shakeups.  I know there was supposed to be a Catty and Pharaoh two pack, it would have been her city schemes outfit which was later put into the three pack with Operetta and Clawdeen when they cut the Pharaoh doll.

They also had originally planned for the three new ghouls to come with one outfit on (their gala outfits) and the extra (city outfit) in the box.  I believe that idea was also cut, though they were able to get the second outfits into the Walmart 3 pack. 

As for Frankie, according to the Monster High wikia, she was originally supposed to have a plot with Lagoona, but it was cut.  I guess with her plot cut, she didn't become as big of a focus as the other characters, so she was passed on for a doll.  It was a huge line up as it was, and Frankie did little in the movie.  I know that's no argument, since they had released dolls for movies that had little to do with it anyway, but perhaps they had learned from that.  Or maybe she was going to get a doll, but it was cut due to the shakeups in the line.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Lala_Fan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Re: Boo York
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 07:13:12 AM »
Thank you! I forgot about the Frankie/Lagoona plot with the giant girl. I have seen Garrett's drawing for a Pharoah doll and it's hard to accept that they cut it!  Lagoona ended up not making an appearance at all. The dolls produced were so pretty. I wish they all had received the treatment.