collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Things you wish they would make in doll scale  (Read 489 times)

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Things you wish they would make in doll scale
« on: September 18, 2018, 12:28:06 PM »
So earlier today I was thinking about all of variety we now have with Barbie Fashionistas when it suddenly hit me that although they had made a doll with cornrows, they never made one with dreadlocks. I suddenly really want dreadlocks on a Barbie doll now, but I'm awful with doll hair, so I'll just have to wait until Mattel makes one.

What other things, whether it be a certain facial feature or accessory, do you wish they would make in doll scale?

Offline monsteleon

• Fangtastic
    • View Profile
Re: Things you wish they would make in doll scale
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 02:30:45 PM »
Dreadlocks would be cool.  The Fresh Dolls have a male doll for pre-order that has micro-braids, but I think they are supposed to resemble dreadlocks: https://the-fresh-dolls.myshopify.com/collections/wave-2-pre-orders/products/malik-doll-wave-2-deluxe-fresh-squad (They also have a bald doll, which is pretty awesome.)

I'd like to see flocked or rooted facial hair on a male doll, but what are the odds of that happening when we can't even get flocked or rooted hair.  :annoyed:

Ah...doll dreams.

Offline respositob

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 02:48:55 PM »
Dreadlocks would be cool.  The Fresh Dolls have a male doll for pre-order that has micro-braids, but I think they are supposed to resemble dreadlocks: https://the-fresh-dolls.myshopify.com/collections/wave-2-pre-orders/products/malik-doll-wave-2-deluxe-fresh-squad (They also have a bald doll, which is pretty awesome.)

I'd like to see flocked or rooted facial hair on a male doll, but what are the odds of that happening when we can't even get flocked or rooted hair.  :annoyed:

Ah...doll dreams.

Ooh! He looks awesome. I've never considered buying Fresh Dolls before, but the guys might have won me over. And flocked or rooted facial hair? Epic!

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 03:51:58 PM »
Curvy Barbie MtM...oh wait, they did that!  :haha:

Would love a PALE Curvy Barbie MtM now....
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline respositob

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 03:59:37 PM »

I know, right? LOL

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 01:20:24 AM »
I feel like commercial dolls with dreadlocks would be pretty difficult to police in terms of QC. I think you'd get a nightmare of dolls that had one giant mass versus the desired result. In terms of art dolls, I've seen a few that simulated it with different types of yarn or kanekalon, and the result was nice!

Personally, I'd like to see more dolls with articulated ankles and feet, or even interchangeable hands and feet, like action figures have.

In terms of accessories/items to go with dolls, I can't think of anything they don't make that I can easily find somewhere. Maybe more furniture types/styles? I see the same couches and chairs over and over again in shops online. It'd be nice to see a wider variety in a scale that would suit MH (whereas I can easily find smaller for action figures via doll house and scale miniature sites; my Sylvanian Families and Re-Ment Petite Sample collections are groooowing).

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 05:02:53 AM »

They may be doing that...they have a curvy Asian Fashionista in this wave...
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 09:41:08 AM »

They actually have one already? This girl is curvy and as pale as the old Asian Purple Top MtM, though with a different undertone.

I would love to see more furniture and accessories in doll scale... and cheaper, too! There are some beautiful Japanese sets with sushi and other foods, but they are pricey and have to be bought straight from Japan.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 10:55:21 AM »
Wishing makes it so! Thanks everyone for the heads up on the PALE Curvy MtM! Wow!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline HollowedBone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • One-Eyed Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2018, 01:32:40 PM »
I'd prefer accessories in natural/realistic colours, like plates and furniture in browns/grays as well as more properly scaled things, some foods i have look great with my dolls but when i try to put them in the dollhouse they look out of scale or don't fit, also casual clothes in multiple colours, like little fashion sets where it's just a plain velcro t-shirt and a pair of leggings, and then multiple colours for those
So Much Fabric So Few Dolls!!

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2018, 02:13:21 PM »
I'd prefer accessories in natural/realistic colours, like plates and furniture in browns/grays as well as more properly scaled things, some foods i have look great with my dolls but when i try to put them in the dollhouse they look out of scale or don't fit, also casual clothes in multiple colours, like little fashion sets where it's just a plain velcro t-shirt and a pair of leggings, and then multiple colours for those
I agree about the accessories.  They already make them in doll scale, but it's usually "Barbie pink". 

There is one thing I'd like to see in (Barbie) doll scale, if they haven't already...a tractor.  If they can make a Farmer Barbie doll, they can make a tractor for her to drive around in.  Not the classic ones, but one resembling the newer models.  Or maybe a barn or henhouse.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4