collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 10
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: New legs for Princess Jasmine? Possible?  (Read 559 times)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
New legs for Princess Jasmine? Possible?
« on: September 04, 2018, 10:16:13 PM »
I have a thrifted Disney Princess Jasmine with lovely elbow & wrist articulation, but horrid rubbery legs that might be click-knee but no longer click. She's got a beautiful face & her black hair will be good with a little TLC. I bought her to rebody, but if I could transplant some new legs onto her then I'd do that. Her arms & hands are quite nice.

Thanks in advance for any info, suggestions, or links to info.

Also, if you know any skin matches for Jasmine, in case new legs aren't possible, a whole-body transplant is also an option.
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: New legs for Princess Jasmine? Possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 09:48:33 AM »
I would think that a body transplant would be far easier and more efficient in this case.  The amount of modification that you'd have to make in order to transplant legs from one line onto a body from a different line would likely be pretty extensive.

In customization I find that the simplest solution is usually the best solution.  I wouldn't make more work and expense for yourself than you have to.

As far as a skin match, I have no idea unfortunately.  It would depend on which Jasmine doll she is.
It might be worth it to ask in the Barbie thread and see if any of the MTM bodies match her.

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: New legs for Princess Jasmine? Possible?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 11:05:08 AM »
I would think that a body transplant would be far easier and more efficient in this case.  The amount of modification that you'd have to make in order to transplant legs from one line onto a body from a different line would likely be pretty extensive.

In customization I find that the simplest solution is usually the best solution.  I wouldn't make more work and expense for yourself than you have to.

As far as a skin match, I have no idea unfortunately.  It would depend on which Jasmine doll she is.
It might be worth it to ask in the Barbie thread and see if any of the MTM bodies match her.

Thanks for the advice, SaelaVe! That was my first thought, pop her pretty little head onto a new body, but then I wondered if I'd be throwing the dollie out with the bathwater?! I know folks here do all kinds of transplants, so thought it worthwhile to ask. Thanks for taking the time to respond, appreciate it!
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis