collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 23
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 6
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: It's official :cry:  (Read 893 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Re: It's official :cry:
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2018, 09:56:38 PM »
MH is "available at retailers nationwide"? 
In what nation?  Canada perhaps?  Australia?

Target has the Minis and their exclusive family pack with Cleo and her brother. I guess that kinda counts.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline RodimusKnight

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2018, 10:06:49 AM »
I believe there was still one more book that was supposed to come out, I wonder if it still will.

Offline Lala_Fan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2018, 10:16:28 AM »
Yes, the cover for the book showed Kitty as a mermaid and Apple holding a potion.

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
Re: It\'s official :cry:
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 06:05:58 AM »
Nothing we didn't really know, it's a bit odd that they're claiming MH is alive and well, though. My local Walmarts don't have any MH anymore, my local Targets and Fred Meyers are only carrying dolls that have been out for awhile, and the Tea Party and Howling Hoodies lines never showed up anywhere. Pretty sure MH is dead too, even if they won't admit it.
Standard Operating Procedure in the business world, sadly- pretend things are going JUST FINE until you quietly kill a once-successful line and tell everyone you're "restructuring/revamping" it. It's like how when things are "on hiatus" and they're actually just dead.

Post Merge: September 14, 2018, 06:07:24 AM

In a way, I'm kind of glad it's been said in an official capacity.  A couple of the newer ones I wanted, and I had hoped to see more dolls for some characters, but I'm OK with how it ended.  It wasn't as bad as MH's last couple of years.
Yeah, EAH at least ended right around the release of a movie, with some new stuff, and a recently-revealed New Theme Song and stuff. It felt active... until it wasn't. Monster High is just a "Dead Line Walking" at this point.

Regarding EAH dying, it's sad, but we all knew this last year, pretty much. It's really weird that Mattel would ONLY NOW make an official announcement, after Toys R Us and Walmart stores have exiled them a year ago.

And now we can wait a year or two and they'll finally admit that Monster High, once the top-selling doll line, is dead, too :).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:09:46 AM by Jabroniville »

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 05:05:02 PM »
well at least they bloody well finally admited it

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2018, 07:02:25 PM »
Pretty sure MH is dead too, even if they won't admit it.
Standard Operating Procedure in the business world, sadly- pretend things are going JUST FINE until you quietly kill a once-successful line and tell everyone you're "restructuring/revamping" it. It's like how when things are "on hiatus" and they're actually just dead.

This is actually what I don't like. Why tell us that MH is alive and kicking when we all know is about as gone as EAH?
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 02:48:31 AM »

This is actually what I don't like. Why tell us that MH is alive and kicking when we all know is about as gone as EAH?

Or at the very least tell us if Ghostly Tea Party and/or Howling Hoodies will get released.
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Jabroniville

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2018, 02:46:57 AM »

The corporate world is very, very obsessed with appearances. To admit that MH is dead is to admit that what was once the most powerful doll line in the world has been mismanaged into deletion. So instead, they will quietly release less and less stuff before casually announcing "oh, we dropped Monster High/MH is now in a rebuilding phase", because that way doesn't make the executives look as bad.

After all, if they announce that MH is dead, the stockholders will want to know WHY. And the executives who boned the line will not want to explain THAT...

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2018, 08:11:38 AM »
Not that anything you said was wrong Jabroniville, but Stockholders would have to really be obtuse to not see that this line is dead.

Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2018, 12:33:26 PM »

The corporate world is very, very obsessed with appearances. To admit that MH is dead is to admit that what was once the most powerful doll line in the world has been mismanaged into deletion. So instead, they will quietly release less and less stuff before casually announcing "oh, we dropped Monster High/MH is now in a rebuilding phase", because that way doesn't make the executives look as bad.

After all, if they announce that MH is dead, the stockholders will want to know WHY. And the executives who boned the line will not want to explain THAT...

Also technically it isn't dead yet. Dollar General just got the Swimsuit dolls in and Target is still getting in stock of their exclusives. They aren't going to admit something is dead unless its actually dead and not just limping along on life support. Until now EAH was at least releasing a few new dolls.