collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 [15]
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: What's your workspace like?  (Read 357 times)

Offline Sweet Bats

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
What's your workspace like?
« on: August 12, 2018, 09:04:42 PM »
Sorry if Customs is the wrong place, there's a few places it could probably fit!

I'm about to move and have been giving a lot of thought to where I'm going to be doing my repainting, and planning out my craft corner in my head. Unfortunately we didn't get the place with an entire bonus room with built-in display shelves (which would have been perfect, I'm still so sad about it) so I really have to think about how to make a small amount of space work. So I come to you customizers for further inspiration: what does your workstation look like? Do you have a room devoted to hobbies, or is it tucked into a corner? Are you utilizing wall space or preferring drawers? If you have children or pets, how are you keeping your stuff safe? I'd love to see pictures of everyone's little workstations!
Etsy - Custom Dolls - Customs Thread - Resource: Blank Doll Heads
Formerly known as Simply Indescribable

Offline Evilunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
Re: What's your workspace like?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 02:23:59 PM »
My work station is just my desk. It's utter "organized" chaos. I know where everything is, no one else does. I have cats and my desk is right by two windows, so the cats like jumping on the desk to get in them. My elderly cat wants attention 24/7 so I have a folded blanket for her to sleep on and hang out with me. I have a few drawers next to my desk to keep paint and doll/ponies in for custom purposes. I have the paints that I'm currently using on my desk and more often than not, the cats knock them over. They are really good about not getting into the works-in-progress on my desk. They just try and kitty-tiptoe around them  ^^;

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 09:00:56 AM »
I do all of my crafting in the joint crafting/gaming room that my husband and I are currently remodeling.  We have a large round table in the center of the room where we can sit and do crafts/puzzles/board gaming/whatever strikes our fancy.  And when the room is finished there will be built-in cabinetry for all of my crafting supplies, as well as a peninsula desk for sewing.  Plus our family's gaming PCs are in the same room, so I have company while I'm crafting. ^.^

Offline respositob

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 02:36:19 PM »
As of right now, my craft space in my family's office/music room/family room, which is basically this large room above our garage. I have a fairly small area where I keep my sewing table, some storage shelves, a plastic rolling drawer unit, and an old, beat-up table to do crafts besides sewing. I like the setup because I also keep my dolls there, so if I'm making something for one of them, I can keep them close for inspiration. The only thing inconvenient about it is that there isn't a sink in the room, so I have to go downstairs and fill up jugs of water to use. And if my hands get messy...well, that's a whole other issue. :facepalm: