collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Netflix She-Ra Animated Series  (Read 2048 times)

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix She-Ra Animated Series
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 04:14:28 PM »
Just saw the trailer and it looks pretty cool, but still disappointed in how She-Ra looks.  (JMO)
Oh well.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »
I just when i knew when the heck this thing is coming out.. originally they said november something
now i cant find any dates!!

It's November 16th.
much thanks!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2018, 09:17:20 PM »
Official full trailer is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGMkAWB6lY

Aaaaaaaaand I'm out. lol
I was cautiously optimistic when the first stills were released, but this trailer completely lost me.  It looks too far removed from the original series, tonally all over the place, and just generally unappealing.

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2018, 11:58:56 PM »
Official full trailer is out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsGMkAWB6lY

Aaaaaaaaand I'm out. lol
I was cautiously optimistic when the first stills were released, but this trailer completely lost me.  It looks too far removed from the original series, tonally all over the place, and just generally unappealing.

I agree...you cant even recognize the characters because they are racebent so much. Even Ducktales knew to keep things recognizable.
But what can ya expect when the creators are insulting the original show in public on comicon?
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 04:02:49 AM »
Yes, seems kinda low budget to me.  And
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2018, 07:00:23 AM »
Even Ducktales knew to keep things recognizable.
But what can ya expect when the creators are insulting the original show in public on comicon?

The DuckTales crew is all huge, huge fans of the original. So I guess this is the difference between a fan-run production and one that is not?

Offline Sakuya

• MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2018, 08:42:43 AM »
Even Ducktales knew to keep things recognizable.

The DuckTales crew is all huge, huge fans of the original. So I guess this is the difference between a fan-run production and one that is not?

Yea thats the way it seems. The reboot crew of Ducktales talked a lot about being fans of the original show and the comics while Noelle admitted she hadnt even tried to watch the original.
Im very much questioning her professionality and legitimacy. If I had been put in charge of something that I hadnt seen before, I would have taken the time to research it and watch any material in order to do an reboot that could be respectful to the original. I might even turn down the project if it had been something I really didnt like...I wouldnt go and turn it inside out till it was unrecognizable!
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com

Online heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • StepFATHERS are the most wicked of them all!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2018, 04:05:31 PM »
I'm actually a hardcore She-Ra fan and am really looking forward to it! I have issues with a few of the redesigns and a voice here or there, but Overall I am VERY excited...

I agree...you cant even recognize the characters because they are racebent so much. Even Ducktales knew to keep things recognizable.
Where did she insult the show? I know Bow's voice actor wasn't overly kind to the original, but I didn't see Noelle or any otehr creators saying anything insulting and I watched the panel on youtube...

Offline Sakuya

• MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2018, 06:37:30 AM »
I'm actually a hardcore She-Ra fan and am really looking forward to it! I have issues with a few of the redesigns and a voice here or there, but Overall I am VERY excited...

Where did she insult the show? I know Bow's voice actor wasn't overly kind to the original, but I didn't see Noelle or any otehr creators saying anything insulting and I watched the panel on youtube...

I meant to refer to Bows voice actor, he might not have straight out insulted it but i couldnt find a better word. Oh the limits of language when you are not a native speaker...
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com

Online heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2018, 09:09:25 AM »
I meant to refer to Bows voice actor, he might not have straight out insulted it but i couldnt find a better word. Oh the limits of language when you are not a native speaker...
I understand the language barrier possibly being an issue, But Noelle has stated that she wishes she had been alive to have originally watched the series when she was a kid and has indeed seen some episodes from what she has said. So I'm sorry to say but I don't think you're being very fair to her. She has stated that if they recreated the original and kept everything the same there would be no point (just watch the original if that's what you want to see)...

I'm not trying to insult you or others or anything, and you're free to your opinion to dislike the show, but lets be fair to the creators and not assign things like a disregard for the show without unfounded evidence :)

Offline Sakuya

• MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 11:14:39 AM »
I understand the language barrier possibly being an issue, But Noelle has stated that she wishes she had been alive to have originally watched the series when she was a kid and has indeed seen some episodes from what she has said. So I'm sorry to say but I don't think you're being very fair to her. She has stated that if they recreated the original and kept everything the same there would be no point (just watch the original if that's what you want to see)...

I'm not trying to insult you or others or anything, and you're free to your opinion to dislike the show, but lets be fair to the creators and not assign things like a disregard for the show without unfounded evidence :)

Yes, there is not much of a point if most of the show stays the same, but to me it seems she is moreso trying to do her own thing and push her own ideology than to recreate a beloved show. And as far as I understood, she didnt see any episodes till after the reboot was at least nearing completion.  That is something that strikes me as odd, I myself would want to watch through as much content I could to see where it wanted to go, where it didnt want to go, get a feel for the characters and their dynamics. That research is such important work to see what can be changed in order to make a good retelling. Ducktales did this, and they improved things that were a bit plain, but they didnt totaly substitute what came before it. My Little Pony did this too.

She isnt even reigning in Bows VA when he start speaking ill of the original, nor does she vocalize disagreement which suggests to me that she do agree with him. So I do not take much stock in what she say about wishing she could been alive at She-Ras original runtime... She could have taken time to sit down and watch She-ra at any time long before this anyway. So I sense dishonesty there.
I have also seen some of Noelles tweets from before the She-ra show and they arent exactly flattering.
So I do believe I am being fair to her.

And dont worry I know you arent trying to insult me. We all have different perspectives and this is just how I interpret things.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:16:18 AM by Sakuya »
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com

Online heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 04:08:05 PM »
Yes, there is not much of a point if most of the show stays the same, but to me it seems she is moreso trying to do her own thing and push her own ideology than to recreate a beloved show. And as far as I understood, she didnt see any episodes till after the reboot was at least nearing completion.  That is something that strikes me as odd, I myself would want to watch through as much content I could to see where it wanted to go, where it didnt want to go, get a feel for the characters and their dynamics. That research is such important work to see what can be changed in order to make a good retelling. Ducktales did this, and they improved things that were a bit plain, but they didnt totaly substitute what came before it. My Little Pony did this too.

She isnt even reigning in Bows VA when he start speaking ill of the original, nor does she vocalize disagreement which suggests to me that she do agree with him. So I do not take much stock in what she say about wishing she could been alive at She-Ras original runtime... She could have taken time to sit down and watch She-ra at any time long before this anyway. So I sense dishonesty there.
I have also seen some of Noelles tweets from before the She-ra show and they arent exactly flattering.
So I do believe I am being fair to her.

And dont worry I know you arent trying to insult me. We all have different perspectives and this is just how I interpret things.
May I ask where you are getting all your information on this from? According to Noelle's Twitter, she's seen quite a few episodes, uses character images for reference and even quotes "Flowers for Hordak" as one of her favorite episodes.

I personally don't think that she ignored the original series at all and it seems to me she took it into account while still taking creative liberties.

I just am not sure where all the vitriol is coming from, I don't want to argue with you I just want to know where you heard what you are basing your opinion on this from :)

As far as reigning in Bow's voice actor, while she is sorta his boss, I don't see where thats her responsibility, its his opinion he is expressing...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 04:10:43 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2018, 06:20:17 PM »
If I compare the trailer to the original series, this is really disappointing. It just doesn't feel like She-Ra... If I take it as an entirely new show on its own though, it actually looks really good. I'll definitely watch and see either way
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline sliami

• Monster High Arena
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
  • RUN THE GHOULS
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2018, 02:37:42 PM »
The trailer owns, Nimona gives me faith in Stevenson, and I'm pretty much hyped as heck for this. I'm a couple generations past the OG demographic but I used to catch He-Man and She-Ra reruns on late night Qubo and this looks like it's bringing something really fresh to the table.