Monster Mash-Up > Off Topic

Netflix She-Ra Animated Series

(1/11) > >>

SaelaVe:
Thought I'd revive the She-Ra topic since new images have surfaced from the series.
The series is set to air on Netflix on November 16th.

I'm not going to lie, my initial feelings regarding the first sketches that we saw was very iffy, but these actually look really good.  It reminds me a lot of Steven Universe's art style.  I'm feeling cautiously optimistic now. lol

(She-Ra)

(Glimmer, Bow, and Adora)

(Catra and Adora)

(Bright Moon)

* Images taken from Nerdist (https://nerdist.com/she-ra-and-the-princesses-of-power-first-images/).

Claire85:
I love the animation personally. I didnít grow up with SheRa, but I might check this out.

I thought the animation looked like a mix of Steven Universe and modern Studio Ghibli.
Itís very pleasing to the eyes.

Mickey Rumble:

--- Quote from: SaelaVe on July 19, 2018, 01:19:00 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Wow, Hank Venture's She-Ra cosplay is on point.

Jokes aside, She-Ra looks pretty young so I hope this isn't too 'junior' for me to enjoy.

Sakuya:
Im sorry, I am gonna be a bit of a downer but I dislike it. I have little to no issues with the design elements themselves but I find the charas poorly executed. She-ra shifts between looking like a 16 year old girl and a 10 year old muscle boy. It worries me that so many of the female figures of the new reboots are loosing their femininity.
Dont get me wrong, I am not out to hate it because of nostalgia or something like that, I never watched the original. And there are somethings I do like, like Bows new design. But at the same time... It kinda feel like forced diversity?
Shouldnt it be better to just create a new chara instead and leave all old charas as they are, no matter what race?
I hope noone is gonna take offense to what Im saying, I have no wish to argue or fight, I just wanted state my opinion. I am ok with people liking it and having other opinions on it, and as said there are things I do like but I think they could have been executed better.
Im really sad about this, I wanted to get into the new She-ra cartoon but as it is, I wont be able to.

Knightfire:

--- Quote from: Mickey Rumble on July 19, 2018, 02:01:13 PM ---
Wow, Hank Venture's She-Ra cosplay is on point.

--- End quote ---

And now I will never be able to unsee that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version