collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Cleo-lyn MH/MOTU crossover doll. Fan vote: Repost to make it happen!!  (Read 743 times)

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • StepFATHERS are the most wicked of them all!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
** According to a post on Garrett Sanders' Instagram account:  This doll is on display at Mattel's SDCC booth and is up for a fan vote.  They are asking for images of the doll to be reposted using the hashtags #monsterhighxmotu and #tellmattel.  If the image receives enough reposts, supposedly Mattel will be producing the doll for reals!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlZVVwanqCl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6f6hlmrfzy81

(Noted added by SaelaVe.)

EDIT: Possibly just some in house artwork or custom, but still awaiting mroe details...

I can't believe it but there's going to be an SDCC exclusive for MH this year apparently???, Cleo De Nile(?) as Evil Lyn from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!!!! Check her out!

EDIT: COULD be an exclusive for some other event other than SDCC, details are still coming through, Mods please free free to edit accordingly of course :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:44:41 PM by SaelaVe »

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Are you sure that she's going to be for sale?  There's no mention of her on SDCC Blog, and she's not listed on Mattel's pre-sale page.
It just seems odd that Mattel would announce something like this the day before the convention begins, without giving anyone the opportunity to pre-order her and when it's too late for anyone to order her through eBay sellers (there are also no eBay listing for her). :/

I'm wondering if this was a one-off created for display at the convention.  Perhaps something that they may auction off later on.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:02:19 PM by SaelaVe »

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile
Are you sure that she's going to be for sale?  There's no mention of her on SDCC Blog, and she's not listed on Mattel's pre-sale page. :/
Not sure but the little tag that has MH  x MOTU I think validates it...details are still coming through though, but this was from a trusted friend via preview night :D

EDIT: Maybe not for SDCC itself but later for some other event? I changed the title as a "?" but not much room left for editing in teh title
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:05:02 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline dfotw

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
I think it looks more like a OOAK doll made as a tribute to MOTU, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong! Though other than the headdress, the outfit seems a bit too simple for a SDCC exclusive...

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile
I think it looks more like a OOAK doll made as a tribute to MOTU, but I'd be happy to be proved wrong! Though other than the headdress, the outfit seems a bit too simple for a SDCC exclusive...
Well the original design for Evil lyn herself is actually relatively simple, but I can understand not knowing teh character as well would  make it seem that way...

As far as it being SDCC for sure...I dunno, Details are still comig through...I'm actively editing the first post, bbut also pretty excited so, who knows :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:21:17 PM by heftysmurf76 »

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
Are you sure that she's going to be for sale?  There's no mention of her on SDCC Blog, and she's not listed on Mattel's pre-sale page. :/
Not sure but the little tag that has MH  x MOTU I think validates it...

I mean, maybe.  But usually their tags have some amount of merchandise information on them—pricing, what store/venue the item will be available through, general release time frame, etc..  But that tag has no price, nothing that says "SDCC exclusive", nothing that indicates that it'll be for sale at all.  Just the names of the two franchises with an X between them. :/

Please understand, I'm not trying to shoot this down or be overly negative or anything.  And I'm not trying to say that it's not legit.  I'm questioning whether or not this is going to be available for sale at the convention.
I'm trying to wrap my head around why Mattel would sit on an MH con exclusive (and an MH/MoTU crossover at that) and give no indication whatsoever that something like this would be available for sale.  It's just odd is all.

Offline Claire85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
If you go on Garrett’s instagram, it sounds like its a custom?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BlZVVwanqCl/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6f6hlmrfzy81

So probably a one-off
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:33:57 PM by Claire85 »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile
Not sure but the little tag that has MH  x MOTU I think validates it...

I mean, maybe.  But usually their tags have some amount of merchandise information on them—pricing, what store/venue the item will be available through, general release time frame, etc..  But that tag has no price, nothing that says "SDCC exclusive", nothing that indicates that it'll be for sale at all.  Just the names of the two franchises with an X between them. :/

Please understand, I'm not trying to shoot this down or be overly negative or anything.  And I'm not trying to say that it's not legit.  I'm questioning whether or not this is going to be available for sale at the convention.
I'm trying to wrap my head around why Mattel would sit on an MH con exclusive (and an MH/MoTU crossover at that) and give no indication whatsoever that something like this would be available for sale.  It's just odd is all.
Oh no, i completely understand! I didn't think you or anyone else was trying to shoot it down, I hoep I didn't come off as overly defensive :D. I'm just excited like I said...Maybe it is a one-off, but who knows, neat any way you look at it, this is the most excited i have been for MH in awhile too!...

I tried to include more "?"s like I said but have run out of room for the title...I'll keep editing the first post accordingly of course :D

So probably a one-off
Oh interesting...I wish they would clarify then...I dunno I guess more time will tell us whats goign on

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile

So probably a one-off

Yeah you're right.  Especially the part about "share these hashtags to make it happen."

*Edit:  And if you go to @rebecula13's Instagram, she has a recent post (July 13th) where she appears to confirm that there is no MH exclusive this year: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlLdiR6APUc/?taken-by=rebecula13.
Garret tagged her in the Cleo-Lyn photo, so it looks like that's her doll.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:42:48 PM by SaelaVe »

Offline heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
    • View Profile

So probably a one-off

Yeah you're right.  Especially the part about "share these hashtags to make it happen."

*Edit:  And if you go to @rebecula13's Instagram, she has a recent post (July 13th) where she appears to confirm that there is no MH exclusive this year: https://www.instagram.com/p/BlLdiR6APUc/?taken-by=rebecula13.
Oh ok, cool, wel thanks for the investigative work every one...Kinda a lil disappointing that they are being so vague with details imho!

I've edited the first post accordingly, if it needs to be moved ...by all means :)

Offline RodimusKnight

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile

So probably a one-off

Oh ok, cool, wel thanks for the investigative work every one...Kinda a lil disappointing that they are being so vague with details imho!

I've edited the first post accordingly, if it needs to be moved ...by all means :)

I think the Share the Hashtags they might mean are the ones to get the Catra Barbie doll produced to go with the She-Ra one from last year. I saw the prototype on a facebook post.   #tellmattel #wewantmoreSHERA

It was in the he-fans and she-ravers group. hopefully this link to the pic will work

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37372198_10156916988758287_5734154559933120512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8663e600bf507bd1bed0dbd3b6df1f42&oe=5BD13099

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
I think the Share the Hashtags they might mean are the ones to get the Catra Barbie doll produced to go with the She-Ra one from last year. I saw the prototype on a facebook post.   #tellmattel #wewantmoreSHERA

It was in the he-fans and she-ravers group. hopefully this link to the pic will work

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/37372198_10156916988758287_5734154559933120512_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=8663e600bf507bd1bed0dbd3b6df1f42&oe=5BD13099

No, he is talking about the Cleo-Lyn doll specifically.

So the tentative information is that this doll is on display at Mattel's SDCC booth.  It is connected to a fan vote where they're asking for fans to repost images of the doll using the hashtags #monsterhighxmotu and #tellmattel.  If they receive enough reposts, supposedly the doll will be produced.

Now they may be doing something similar for the Catra doll, but Garrett's post is in regards to the Cleo doll.  He even posted several other comments urging fans to repost with the hashtags in order to make the doll happen.
So anyone with a social media account, let's start reposting this sucker and see if we can get it made for reals!! :D
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 01:44:56 PM by SaelaVe »

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: Cleo-lyn MH/MOTU crossover doll. Fan vote: Repost to make it happen!!
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 03:27:07 PM »
Hm, I wish there was some more concrete/specific info on her.. I know nothing about MOTU but she's very pretty, either way! I hope she gets produced :>

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2018, 04:03:39 PM »
A little more news on this subject/doll.  Garrett has stated on his Instagram that this doll could "lead to lots of other Monster High mashup things!" 
So that's quite interesting.

Additionally, other Instagram users are confirming the story that Mattel is asking for fans to repost and hashtag these images in order to show them that there is enough support for these items to go to production.
Instagram user @end.of.the.raynbow posted this image showing the full text on the tag at Cleo-Lyn's feet:

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2018, 05:59:27 PM »
Whaaat. Please make this, Mattel! Please!

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2018, 07:11:10 PM »
I WILL DIE.. and GO BROKE on them if they make a whole line of these..
but theoretically in the back ground of EAH Throne coming.. Adam and Adora are lurking in there.. as jokes Im sure
but mattel does own the rights..
UGH i hope its real.

Offline Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2018, 11:21:36 PM »
I would love to see this happening! Use MH for villains and Eah for the good guys!
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!