collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Positivity for the reboot?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline lilyflower332

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Re: Positivity for the reboot?
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 10:41:21 AM »
I think i heard a theory that G2 is somewhat of a prequel to G1? Anyone know?

That seems like that's probably just a wishful fan theory to be honest. 
For one, much of G2 directly contradicts G1 in a way that it couldn't possibly have happened first and then happened again in a totally different manner (e.g.: the way in which the main characters meet and the origin for the school itself).

For another, while I know that Mattel was hesitant to call the reboot a reboot, they also heavily implied as much.  I don't recall them ever saying anything that indicated that this was a prequel to the original story. 
They did indicate that none of the original characters had been removed from the canon, but not that G2 was necessarily in the same continuity as G1.  You would think that if they had intended for G2 to be a prequel that they simply would've said so.  But again, how do you make a prequel to a story in which we've already seen Frankie meet the other ghouls... and then go back in time and show her meet the same ghouls all over again in a totally different way than how she originally met them? :blink:
Ah, that makes more sense. I'm not up to date on the storyline for...either, tbh. I think it was because in G2 they seem younger, and some characters are missing? So maybe G1 would be the later years of high school, and maybe the missing characters have simply just transferred to the school? Honestly, i dont know where i heard it.

Offline Fantoma

• Glue-Seepage Head
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2018, 04:18:16 PM »
I think i heard a theory that G2 is somewhat of a prequel to G1? Anyone know?

That seems like that's probably just a wishful fan theory to be honest. 
For one, much of G2 directly contradicts G1 in a way that it couldn't possibly have happened first and then happened again in a totally different manner (e.g.: the way in which the main characters meet and the origin for the school itself).

For another, while I know that Mattel was hesitant to call the reboot a reboot, they also heavily implied as much.  I don't recall them ever saying anything that indicated that this was a prequel to the original story. 
They did indicate that none of the original characters had been removed from the canon, but not that G2 was necessarily in the same continuity as G1.  You would think that if they had intended for G2 to be a prequel that they simply would've said so.  But again, how do you make a prequel to a story in which we've already seen Frankie meet the other ghouls... and then go back in time and show her meet the same ghouls all over again in a totally different way than how she originally met them? :blink:
Ah, that makes more sense. I'm not up to date on the storyline for...either, tbh. I think it was because in G2 they seem younger, and some characters are missing? So maybe G1 would be the later years of high school, and maybe the missing characters have simply just transferred to the school? Honestly, i dont know where i heard it.
Truthfully, none of it makes any sense. It's just too bizarre (in a bad way), incoherent & overly complicated and disappointing. They messed up big time. Too many important and/or popular characters have gone missing. It's heartbreaking, really.

:ghost:
"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »
I love the Electrified, Garden Ghouls, and Shriekwrecked lines!

Also that... Howling Hoodies line that is seems like we won't be getting. Really wanted that Draculaura. :cry: