collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Draculaura Pre and Post Reboot, Differences?  (Read 382 times)

Offline Myrcury

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Official Candy Ghoul (says Dfotw!) <3
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
Draculaura Pre and Post Reboot, Differences?
« on: June 26, 2018, 02:27:12 AM »
*blows dust off this account* I haven't been on the Arena in AGES!! lol - Still absolutely love all of my dolls, and MH/EAH in general. Just Life... finds a way - of leaving me no time to hang out with dolly friends. ^_^ (high fives for you if you see what I did there. haha.)

Anyway!!

I've been thinking about getting a post-reboot Draculaura doll. While she was never really a favorite of mine, I do adore cute dolls, and I was noticing that she seems a heck of a lot cuter now. I think it's because her eyes are bigger, but I was wondering - Is her mold actually the same? Is it just her paint job that gives her a wider eyed look?

Also, has her skin tone changed? I've seen some photos where she actually looks to have a 'normal'/human skin tone, rather than her signature pale pink. Can anyone confirm?

What I really think I want to do is to get a post-reboot D'Lala with her bigger eyes and cuter expression, and put her head on an EAH Bunny Blanc body, so that I'll have a "little sister" Draculaura. I think it would be adorable!! I just don't know if I'm imagining these differences or what. Is it all in my head?? Have I finally gone dolly crazy?? XD

My Sales *** My Trades *** My Wishlist

I'm a fabric hoarder! Need fabric for making doll clothes? PM me, maybe I can help! :)

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
Re: Draculaura Pre and Post Reboot, Differences?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 07:38:47 AM »
Clever girl.

I think Draculaura's new look is much more expressive.  I think the bigger eyes and kind of grinning mouth make her look happy and innocent.  I had assumed it was a new mold, but I have no idea.

Skin tone may have changed, I'm not sure, but not to anything near human in my opinion.  I think putting her head on a Bunny body would be an adorable idea.

Offline Manster Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 08:58:38 AM »
Yeah new Draculauras skin tone matches EAH Bunny quite well. It makes her the shorter height that she should always have been, I think there are numerous body swap pics out there but I can confirm that the bunny body is an excellent choice.
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline Myrcury

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Official Candy Ghoul (says Dfotw!) <3
    • View Profile
    • Myrcury's Toybox
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 07:02:40 AM »
Ah haaa!! Well I guess that makes that a plan! :D Thanks, both!! :)

My Sales *** My Trades *** My Wishlist

I'm a fabric hoarder! Need fabric for making doll clothes? PM me, maybe I can help! :)

Offline Fantoma

• Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 07:53:43 AM »
Yes, G2 Draculaura (aka post-reboot) looks cute. Super cute. But G1 Draculaura (aka pre-reboot) looked drop-dead gorgeous, edgy & fierce. Same thing for Clawdeen, Frankie and most of the others who survived that awful reboot (R.I.P. so many beloved characters). Personally, I'll always prefer drop-dead gorgeous, fierce and edgy to super cute. *raises fist at Mattel Gods*

:ghost:
"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »
I've been thinking about getting a post-reboot Draculaura doll. While she was never really a favorite of mine, I do adore cute dolls, and I was noticing that she seems a heck of a lot cuter now. I think it's because her eyes are bigger, but I was wondering - Is her mold actually the same? Is it just her paint job that gives her a wider eyed look?

Also, has her skin tone changed? I've seen some photos where she actually looks to have a 'normal'/human skin tone, rather than her signature pale pink. Can anyone confirm?

Draculaura is the only returning MH character in the reboot to have a new mold. So yes, it's different. She's still pink, though, not humanly Caucasian.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline RurouniIdoru

• Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 01:16:03 PM »
I can actually help out here! Judging by the bait haul I recently got, Reboot Draculaura does have a new head mold, but her original seems to still be in the mix as well.

The head on the left was an original pre-reboot Draculaura for sure. The one in the middle had the distinctive reboot-style faceup, but is the same mold as G1. The stamps at the base of their necks both read "2008 Mattel," even. The one on the right was harvested from an unarticulated reboot Draculaura, and I was actually really surprised when I wiped her makeup and found a whole new face underneath, since I thought all the face changes were in paint only. Her neck stamp is dated as 2015.

Unfortunately, the older mold heads both came to me loose and the new mold was attached to a nude doll, so I can't really help out with identifying which new dolls use what mold, but I figure it always helps to have blank doll photos anyway.