collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Justine Dancer original vs. rerelease  (Read 763 times)

Offline Sarkans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fangtastic
    • View Profile
Justine Dancer original vs. rerelease
« on: June 24, 2018, 11:39:56 AM »
Hello everyone!
So, got totally confused with Justine Dancer.  :blush: There're two versions of her. Personally, I've always thought the first version is without a smile and the second one is smiling, now I looked it up and was told otherwise. In YouTube deboxing reviews both versions seem to be smiling... or it's just me... :blush:
Could someone please tell me what are the differences between their faces? Pictures of both side by side are greatly appreciated.

Offline Sakuya

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
  • Artist for hire!
    • View Profile
    • Sakuya's DA
Re: Justine Dancer original vs. rerelease
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 04:52:24 AM »
Did they even get new faces? I was waiting to see them but I havent seen anything outside of the first promos we saw...
Sakuyamon.deviantart.com
In the mood for clawsome art?
Im always available for commissions!

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »
Wait, I thought Justine was released just the once? I know some dolls had the first release and then a more budget-y version with less accessories but I didn't think she was one.

At  any rate I got mine when she first came out and she has a close lipped smile.
Where oh where has my Ghoulia gone? Oh where oh where could she be? (Seriously Mattel, where is she??!!)

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • MIB Collector
  • Beast Friend Forever After
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 07:18:43 PM »
I can't remember how different they were facially, but I think I remember the difference in packaging.

The first Justine came in the box that had tabs attaching the plastic to the cardboard.  She came with all her accessories, a stand, brush, and her booklet had a disco ball on it with her story inside.

The second Justine came in the box where the plastic was glued to the cardboard back.  She came with all her accessories, but no brush or stand, and instead of a booklet it's just a card with her picture on the front and story on the back.

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 08:19:45 AM »
I have  both of them. The rerelease replaced the diary with a single card. There's also something different about the plastic she was made with. It feels more brittle and hollow and has this sort of "ashy" tone to it. I'll have to look more closely when I get home, but they really do feel different.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline joey

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 09:18:34 PM »
If you look her up you an find stock images of the doll with the old style face before they changed. She was never released that way as far as I know.
Looking for SDCC Frankie!!!

Offline RevengeSeeker

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 04:21:59 PM »
Hello everyone!
So, got totally confused with Justine Dancer.  :blush: There're two versions of her. Personally, I've always thought the first version is without a smile and the second one is smiling, now I looked it up and was told otherwise. In YouTube deboxing reviews both versions seem to be smiling... or it's just me... :blush:
Could someone please tell me what are the differences between their faces? Pictures of both side by side are greatly appreciated.

Pictures?

Offline Sarkans

• Fangtastic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2018, 03:51:43 PM »
Thank you all for the replies!

I have  both of them. The rerelease replaced the diary with a single card. There's also something different about the plastic she was made with. It feels more brittle and hollow and has this sort of "ashy" tone to it. I'll have to look more closely when I get home, but they really do feel different.
Thank you. :blush: Would you please be so kind to look if they have the same face expression? :blush: