collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Boo! :ghost:  (Read 277 times)

Offline Fantoma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Glue-Seepage Head
    • View Profile
Boo! :ghost:
« on: June 18, 2018, 06:02:03 PM »
 Hello ghouls & mansters!
I hail all the way from Quebec City, in Canada. It is not my birthplace but I've lived ( or unlived) here for over 15 years and I cannot fathom living anywhere else in the world. It has become my (haunted) home.

I discovered Monster in late Spring 2011 but it was only during the following summer that I actually became a fan, and got addicted. My very first doll was basic Ghoulia, in mid-August 2011. I was amazed by the details. About 2 or 3 days later, I bought basic Lagoona & basic Draculaura. Another 2 or 3 days later, I got basic Clawdeen. And then, I think (if I remember correctly) that I acquired the entire Dawn Of The Dance line at once, with a few dolls from the Dead Tired line, and the Draculaura/Clawd 2-pack School's Out.

As you've probably guessed by my avatar (and signature), my most favorite character is Spectra. I learned about her existence about 2 or 3 weeks before she and Abbey were released. I saw her tiny photo on the back cover of the box of another doll. When I actually saw her in person for the very first time, it was love at first fright! I was so enthralled by her ethereal beauty that I almost felt like crying tears of joy. I immediately bought her, without even wondering if I had any bills to pay or if there was food in the fridge, lol!
Here we are, 7 years later, and she's still my favorite character.

I quickly became a completist, with an insane need to obtain every new doll coming out, for every character. Until I realized I was loosing control. Especially since many of the dolls did not truly fully captured my heart and that some characters actually did nothing for me and I was rather bored with them. I downsized my collection and became much more selective in my choices. As time passed (before the horrid reboot), my collection got much smaller and I ignored many new lines and dolls. It got to the point where I decided to only acquired dolls for my ultimate favorite characters: Spectra, Jinafire, Operetta, River, Honey & Venus. However, Spectra & Jinafire are the only ones that I have every versions of. I've kept basic Honey, along with one Operetta (Dance Class, with straightened hair and wearing the Dot Dead Gorgeous outfit) and the beautiful River (it's a damn shame they never made other versions of her) and one Venus (I've yet to decide between basic & Fierce Rocker, to dress with the Gloom & Bloom outfit).

Sadly, the horrendous reboot, or as it is often called "G2", ruined everything. The ghouls used to be fierce, unique, original, outrageous, creative and different, and then, because some parents kept complained that they were "scary", way too sexy, unrealistic and also too weird (since when is that a bad thing), they became lame, cheap, boring, poorly designed and executed, uninteresting and lost their edginess and fierceness. Can't believe people Mattel caved in so easily. Now, the whole franchise is brain dead and hooked up on a respiratory machine. It's so sad and heartbreaking.

Sorry, everyone, I've just realized I've written an essay, lol!
Hope you won't die of boredom reading my presentation, he he! ;-)
See you on the haunted grounds... :ghost:

"I don't snoop in your unlife, so please don't snoop in mine" :ghost:

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
Re: Boo! :ghost:
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »
Welcome Fantoma!
I'm from the outskirts of Montreal myself so yay for another Quebec dwelling monster! I became a fan of Monster High around the same time as you did but never actually bought any doll until last December so my own collection is only growing! I'm also terribly disappointed in G2 - seeing the new dolls in store now is simply sad, I found myself apologizing to the small aisle of Monster High dolls at Toys R Us the other day because they looked...well, you know how they look :drop: Anyway, I hope you'll have fun here, everyone is really nice!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Boo! :ghost:
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 09:17:53 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, Fantoma! :D

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Fantoma