collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 37
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 1

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Seasonal Doll Displays  (Read 408 times)

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
Seasonal Doll Displays
« on: June 11, 2018, 10:43:12 AM »
It's summer where I live. That means the warm weather dolls (swim class, Fright seers) are coming out of storage and the colder weather dolls (Epic Winter, maybe Gloom &Bloom, Scary Tales) are going to sleep until September.

I find that rotating them helps when I'm trying to avoid buying. Do you rotate dolls by season or at all? Or do you dress them for the seasons? Do you get the feeling that any of your dolls feel too hot/cold depending on outfit and time of year?

(I worry about how some dolls like Clawdeen and Cleo feel in cold, but don't think cold bothers other dolls like Abbey or Rochelle or Skelita or Robecca)
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Seasonal Doll Displays
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 12:49:29 PM »
awww.. hehe..
thats adorbs..
but no i dont rotate seasonally.. but i do tend to rotate every month or so..
i tend to keep most of my dolls in my loft.. and only have a few down stairs
i will trade those out about once a month.

Offline SewingBug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 11:39:45 PM »
That is a really cool way to display a collection! I've only just this year started to display my own dolls, but my mother owns a Patti Playpal-esque doll made by the Allied Eastern Company and for decades my family has ensured she's been appropriately dressed for the weather....albeit mostly in clothing that were fashionable in the late 80's/early 90's. XD

Offline respositob

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 06:39:36 AM »
There are certain dolls I always keep on display, but I have one shelf dedicated to the Monster High seasonal dolls. Right now, my Skull Shores, Ghouls' Getaway, and Shriek Wrecked dolls are displayed. I set them up with an old Barbie pool playset and they look awesome!

During September I'll display my school-themed dolls, such as Student Disembody Council and Freaky Field Trip. In December I put out my Sweet Screams dolls, because for some reason they remind me of Christmas. And in the Spring months, my Gloom and Bloom dolls get a turn on my shelf.   

I swap out my My Little Pony shelf, too. And as for my American Girl dolls, I dress them for the particular season or holiday and decorate their dollhouse accordingly.

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 12:43:48 PM »
There are certain dolls I always keep on display, but I have one shelf dedicated to the Monster High seasonal dolls. Right now, my Skull Shores, Ghouls' Getaway, and Shriek Wrecked dolls are displayed. I set them up with an old Barbie pool playset and they look awesome!

During September I'll display my school-themed dolls, such as Student Disembody Council and Freaky Field Trip. In December I put out my Sweet Screams dolls, because for some reason they remind me of Christmas. And in the Spring months, my Gloom and Bloom dolls get a turn on my shelf.   

I swap out my My Little Pony shelf, too. And as for my American Girl dolls, I dress them for the particular season or holiday and decorate their dollhouse accordingly.
If I had the room, I'd be making a ton of seasonal stuff for them- especially salt dough pumpkins. I can't wait to have room for enough room for a FdC and Shriekwrecked setup.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline smileshy22

• One-Eyed Ghoul
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 02:09:25 PM »
I don't do seasonal displays, but I do change the outfits of Kirsten and now Nanea, my AG dolls. They wear their meet outfits in the winter and spring, Kirsten wears her summer outfit starting in June and keeps it until late August, when school starts. She and Nanea will both wear their school outfits and go back to their meet outfits in October. :biggrin:

Offline respositob

• Fearleader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 04:54:13 PM »

If I had the room, I'd be making a ton of seasonal stuff for them- especially salt dough pumpkins. I can't wait to have room for enough room for a FdC and Shriekwrecked setup.
My plan for Halloween this year was to buy a bunch of cheap, doll-sized decorations at Target and/or Walmart. I never even thought about making pumpkins, but that's a great idea. I might try that once Halloween rolls around.

I totally know what you mean about not having space for displays, that why I only have one seasonal shelf! :)

Offline Mickey Rumble

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2018, 11:48:40 AM »
When spring starts, I put my Spring Unsprung Cerise on display. For may, I'll bring out my GSR Frankie. Other than that, I just rotate new dolls in when I notice that I haven't displayed them in a while.

Offline lilyflower332

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 08:23:01 PM »
Occasionally for Halloween and Christmas i set up a scene with my MH. I believe i also did a couples theme one valentine's some years back. That's the extent of seasonal displays for me.
However i do not own any complete line yet. A dance studio (like myfroggystuff made) would be great for Dance Class and Fangtastic Fitness, and Ballerina Ghouls from the reboot, but i own a total of two dolls from all three of those lines ^ ^'

I currently have a mermaid display on my shelf, with Vandala, Meeshell, Lagoona, Kala, Posea, and lots of trinkets and mini toys. I also did color themed displays, like a pink one with all my MH mini lockers, Catty, Lala, and Gigi...

I would LOVE to show pictures, but cant seem to figure out how? Have I not unlocked that ability?

Offline roseprincess1

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2018, 12:50:04 PM »
Occasionally for Halloween and Christmas i set up a scene with my MH. I believe i also did a couples theme one valentine's some years back. That's the extent of seasonal displays for me.
However i do not own any complete line yet. A dance studio (like myfroggystuff made) would be great for Dance Class and Fangtastic Fitness, and Ballerina Ghouls from the reboot, but i own a total of two dolls from all three of those lines ^ ^'

I currently have a mermaid display on my shelf, with Vandala, Meeshell, Lagoona, Kala, Posea, and lots of trinkets and mini toys. I also did color themed displays, like a pink one with all my MH mini lockers, Catty, Lala, and Gigi...

I would LOVE to show pictures, but cant seem to figure out how? Have I not unlocked that ability?
OK.. lily.. first go get an imagur account. once you get that.. its easy.. there are some good toutorial
basically stick the url between these
[ img ] image url here [ /img ]
dont for get to take out spaces!!
hope that helps!

Offline lilyflower332

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2018, 12:58:48 PM »

OK.. lily.. first go get an imagur account. once you get that.. its easy.. there are some good toutorial
basically stick the url between these
[ img ] image url here [ /img ]
dont for get to take out spaces!!
hope that helps!

I really cant just attach from the documents on my computer?

Post Merge: July 08, 2018, 01:05:25 PM

okay, that account was easier to make than i thought.
this should work!
[ img ] https://imgur.com/SNMlGR6
https://imgur.com/ZMoDrH4
https://imgur.com/mM9X71x [ /img ]

they are low quality and i apologize but i have nothing better
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:49:37 PM by SaelaVe »