collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 454 times)

Offline RurouniIdoru

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: June 04, 2018, 01:39:09 PM »
Hi, I'm Elly. I seem to always get into fandoms late, but Monster High has got to be the biggest doozy. I've been passively interested for years, but during the "glory days" I was a broke student with no time to really get into the MH scene proper. Now, of course, I have some spending cash and time to get into customizing and learning about the characters, aaaaaaand Mattel seems to be phasing the line out (or at least aggressively mishandling it) and doll-hunting is an activity for Ebay rather than a day at the toy store. Ah, well.

At any rate, I'm very interested in doll customizing! I mostly signed up to gain access to the wealth of knowledge everyone here has shared. I'm pretty shy, and more of a lurker than a poster, so I'll probably be pretty quiet.But please know I'm cheering from the sidelines, even when I don't feel like I have anything to contribute to the conversation!

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 08:52:04 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, RurouniIdoru! :D

We're pretty much all in the same boat as you, so you're in good company. lol  The days of hunting for these dolls in stores are a bygone era unfortunately.
Luckily the fandom is still alive and kicking even if the dolls aren't. :P

We hope that you enough it here! :biggrin:

Offline Tribble79

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:21:46 PM »
Welcome! It's fun around here. Looking at customized dolls and creating ocs are one of my favorite pastimes! I don't currently collect any one brand of doll. For example I collect robot dolls from all brands that catch my eye. Been hunting for an Elle Eedee to trade for some MH that I no longer want. You will have fun here!
Daphne

I'm not an early bird, I'm not a night owl, I'm some kind of permanently exhausted pigeon!