collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 40
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Where's all the Monster High? (fill me in?)  (Read 5018 times)

Offline smileshy22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
Re: Where's all the Monster High? (fill me in?)
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2018, 11:07:11 PM »
Walmart put out the Comic dolls not too long ago while Target still has the mini pet packs. The only store that really has MH anymore is Fry's, which recently stocked the swimsuit dolls of Ari, Lagoona and a few Dracs and they still have some Monster Family single packs, the mini pet packs and the Dessert dolls.

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2018, 05:48:00 AM »
No more MH at any of the Walmarts or Targets near me, and no shelf space for them either.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline Mickey Rumble

• Voltageous
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2018, 06:28:58 AM »
The only store in my area (Niagara Peninsula, Ontario) that stocks current dolls is Toys R Us. Older dolls show up in 4 or 5 different discount/liquidation stores. Aside from that, it's just thrifting.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 11:47:11 AM »
Dollar General got in the swimsuit dolls.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline pinkbird

• Stone Cold Style
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2018, 06:55:03 AM »
The minis with pets were released?! I was hoping we'd get them here but never saw them... Minis sold really well too, I wish they would at least continue releasing them.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2018, 08:30:18 AM »
The minis with pets were released?! I was hoping we'd get them here but never saw them... Minis sold really well too, I wish they would at least continue releasing them.

Yeah, I can't remember when exactly, but we've had them here for a bit now.

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2018, 01:03:01 PM »

Yeah, I can't remember when exactly, but we've had them here for a bit now.

They still have them at Target tho not much longer since it seems like they are being clearanced out. After that only Dollar Stores and stores that sell old stock like Marshall's and TJ Maxx will have any MH.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 01:05:01 PM by Wardah »
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Lala_Fan

• Skull Shores Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2018, 07:42:42 AM »
They really can still be found at Tuesday Morning stores! I went to one just yesterday and hit jackpot! For $9.99 I got School Spirit Draculaura and Twyla (and there were 4 of these total), Shriehwrecked Draculaura and Rochelle, and for $6.99 Garden Ghouls Cleo and Toralei. I also found Music Class Cleo in a store called go!. She was $19.99 but worth it. The go! store also had a few others but I think Cleo was the best option. The 5 Below stores have a few dolls too. Big Lots is another store. There I found Shriekwrecked Catrine for $6.99  and Sweet Treat Ari for $3.99. I have also looked in Marshalls and TJ Maxx, I found a few dolls at both but none I wanted to purchase.

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2018, 06:33:35 AM »
It's no doll, but I was very surprised to see Frights, Camera, Action on the Halloween movie endcap in the electronics section.  It's a part of the glow-in-the-dark movie covers.  For a moment, I wondered why FCA, since Ghouls Rule is the Halloween movie, but then I figured it's probably because of the older movies, it's one of the safest. 
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »
I am pretty certain now that MH is done in stores.  The Walmart store and Target stores in my state have completely gotten rid of MH as a category in the toy section.  The only place I can find MH in stores are places like The Toy Vault, which is great they will have MIB G1 dolls and you never know you might get lucky and find that one you've always wanted.

I mean unless you go to Savers, or Salvation Army you might find some dolls too but it's sad but MH I think is officially done.  I didn't want it to do go down like this at all.  As a fan from very near the beginning of G1 I was hoping when we heard news of it ending that would be it.  I could sort of get the reboot but to have MH go down so fast and to be non-existent for the mere fact that people lost interest is an insult to the brand.  I feel like Mattel should have just ended MH when G1 ended.  Let the stores run out of stock completely, because people wanted them and bought them.

I'm sorry if I'm a downer or a dark cloud but I can't help how I feel at this point.

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2018, 07:03:45 PM »
I am pretty certain now that MH is done in stores.  The Walmart store and Target stores in my state have completely gotten rid of MH as a category in the toy section.  The only place I can find MH in stores are places like The Toy Vault, which is great they will have MIB G1 dolls and you never know you might get lucky and find that one you've always wanted.

I mean unless you go to Savers, or Salvation Army you might find some dolls too but it's sad but MH I think is officially done.  I didn't want it to do go down like this at all.  As a fan from very near the beginning of G1 I was hoping when we heard news of it ending that would be it.  I could sort of get the reboot but to have MH go down so fast and to be non-existent for the mere fact that people lost interest is an insult to the brand.  I feel like Mattel should have just ended MH when G1 ended.  Let the stores run out of stock completely, because people wanted them and bought them.

I'm sorry if I'm a downer or a dark cloud but I can't help how I feel at this point.

Dollar General and Family Dollar are still getting in the swim suit budgets.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2018, 07:22:36 PM »

Our Target still has them.  They're just a paltry shadow of their former self with only like five budgety dolls and some minis with pets on the shelf.

Offline smileshy22

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2018, 08:15:20 PM »
Fry's only has Ebbie and Pawla from Monster Family and a Desert Cleo on clearance for $4.99. The new Polly Pockets have taken over the space of the MH section, leaving the little Monster Family girls with only one little row.  :|

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2018, 07:16:28 AM »
The big toy store I used to go, has the little monsters they still have all shoved in the "old stuff aisle".
It's so harsh as they used to have a huge section with boxes in both sides of the aisle plus tons of stuff in the middle in their former glory days.
I can't help a lonely tear every time I pass through there.
 :sad: :sad: :sad:
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2018, 02:39:05 PM »

Dollar General and Family Dollar are still getting in the swim suit budgets.

Mine doesn't have any, I checked a few weeks ago.  They don't get any name brand items at mine, just the knock off versions.