collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Anime!  (Read 2540 times)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Anime!
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 08:34:07 PM »
Claire, have you ever watched Say 'I Love You'?  You'd probably like that one a lot.

I havenít but its definitely on my list! My... freakishly long list..

XD  I know right?  I've lost count of how many titles are in my queue now. lol

My Little Monster is another really good romcom.  It's very funny and cute, and the characters are fantastic.
I might have watched My Little Monster? Wasn't there a chicken? I don't recall much else. My boyf at the time wanted me to watch it..

Yep.  The lead male character adopts a chicken and keeps it at the school.

Offline Claire85

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 01:00:07 PM »
I watched Kamigami no Asobi which is basically a reverse harem with a human girl and Gods from different mythologies.
And I honestly really loved it.
It was funny, the MC isn't some bland Mary-Sue (which is my main problem with reverse harems), and the addition of Gods is a huge interest for me.

The animation style is wonderful as well and the Gods are extremely attractive obviously. Just a fun show.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2018, 05:23:48 PM »
Claire, have you ever watched Say 'I Love You'?  You'd probably like that one a lot.

I havenít but its definitely on my list! My... freakishly long list..

XD  I know right?  I've lost count of how many titles are in my queue now. lol

My Little Monster is another really good romcom.  It's very funny and cute, and the characters are fantastic.
I might have watched My Little Monster? Wasn't there a chicken? I don't recall much else. My boyf at the time wanted me to watch it..

Yep.  The lead male character adopts a chicken and keeps it at the school.

I just watched this! So cuuute. Too bad there was never a second season. The relationships are interesting and I want them to flesh it out more.
Definitely a more unique approach to Romance animes. I appreciated how blunt and honest the main characters were.
More happened in the very first episode than most other animes do in their entire first season haha.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »
It's probably been like a total of 4 days, but I started and caught up with My Hero Academia.

Really really enjoying the show. I understand everyone's hype around it.

The main thing I really appreciate about My Hero Academia, is that most of the students in 1-A have gotten some kind of character development. It's not just focusing on the "core 5".
It's refreshing that the more "background-y characters" get some attention in the spotlight.
There is really only like 2 or 3 characters (in the main class) that haven't had a "special moment", so I hope that as the show goes on,
we learn more about them.

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2018, 07:08:10 PM »
Anybody watching any of the new seasonal shows?

I ended up, originally, only watching like 2, but it turned into 5.

• Run with the Wind: It's a running/track show by Production I.G.; they did Haikyuu and Kuroko's Basketball. I am already really enjoying it. Especially the ending song, which I'm obsessed with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO3uUf1KMXM
  • Tsurune: It's a Kyoto Animation show about archery. Love it already as well. I am basically just thinking it as Free! but with archery. It's just beautiful like basically all KyoAni shows. I know this is going to be my anime of the season. I'm so biased haha.
  • Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai: Definitely more of a unique show. The title makes you think of something completely different. I am really enjoying it because it's humor is more on the sarcastic/deadpan side and the plot is quite interesting.
  • Boarding School Juliet: Pretty much watching this because I'm a sucker for Romantic Comedies in a School setting. I also enjoy Shakespearean themes. It's one of the more unique ones because the romance part doesn't seem to be dragging on. It's more about the couple living their lives as a couple in secret, than it is about the journey of them becoming a couple. Not the best, but it's fun.
  • Zombieland Saga: This one is such a fun surprise. I think it's best to go in blind. It's an idol show but with a huge and amazing twist.