collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Body change between G1 and G2?  (Read 389 times)

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
Body change between G1 and G2?
« on: April 22, 2018, 05:42:21 PM »
I only have 2 dolls that are post-reboot, all of the others I have are pre-reboot and I just realized something. One of those dolls is Gooliope and she didn't change at all from her Freak du Chic release from what I can see but Moanica has a completely different body than the other girls. The back curve, the thickness of the limbs...it's pretty much a EAH body at this point? Since I don't have any other standard-sized G2 dolls to compare I don't know if the other girls have been given that same new body or if it's just a Moanica thing but I am so disappointed - a lot of the bracelets/wrist cuffs from the G1 girls don't fit her: I tried to put Astranova's cuffs on her and it wouldn't go, there was no way to put back her hands with the cuffs on. I know the dolls now have certain molded features like Clawdeen's fur, Cleo's bandages or Venus's vines but have the rest of their body really changed that much (especially the waist size/back curve)?

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Give me envy give me malice give me your attention
    • View Profile
Re: Body change between G1 and G2?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:40:27 PM »
Yeah, the biggest change about G2 MH is the body shape, it's not just a Moanica thing but everyone, articulated or not.

It's thicker overall and has tighter joints. I'm not personally a fan of it, but it's also not the same as EAH, just like a weird mix of old MH and EAH, and some are apparently missing removable hands/elbows like Venus, but I never unboxed my only G2 Venus yet so idk personally.

Offline DGRequiem

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
    • RequiemArt.com
Re: Body change between G1 and G2?
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 05:26:12 AM »
It's like if they took a EAH body, cut it through the middle of the torso, and added some fill to make it longer.  Most old clothes still fit, they're just a bit tighter. 

Some dolls can have their elbows popped out, some can't. Usually a doll with forearm stuff like Lagoona gets poppable elbows, but the joint is a LOT harder to get out.
Check out my Etsy Shop for custom dolls and doll clothes patterns!