collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 43
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

June 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Cold/flu/viral infection tips wanted  (Read 72 times)

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Absolutely Abbeylicious
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Pet Collector
  • 100% Good Accented Rottish Ghoul
    • View Profile
Cold/flu/viral infection tips wanted
« on: April 17, 2018, 12:02:47 PM »
After a very very stressful time involving hospital vigils, berrvement, etc. I have come down with what thr doctor says is a viral infection. I need tips to survive! I have had to leave work twice for symptoms (bye bye money ...) and I am being forced to take it easier.

O Yes I HAVE been to the doctor, twice.
O Taking Lemsip max cold and flu day and night
O Was taking Benelyn Mucus max, now out of it. Also taking Corvonia Chesty, tried Corvonia Cathhr but didnt seem to do muh and the warnings are scary.
O Had chills and fever. Sneezing not so much. Nose clear now. Biggest worry is a lump feeling in the throat and chest and crackling sounds. Doctor listened and said my lungs are clear
O Have had oesophagal retching, its harsh and violent and my biggest worry
O Tried honey and honey in hot water. Hate ginger and green tea. Try steaming kn and off.

Any other tips?

Avatar Credit : Wookylee | Sig Credit : Seahawk270

MLP Gameloft Friend Code : 52b33c6 | MLPArena Account : Lady Frostbite

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
    • Katsetta.com
Re: Cold/flu/viral infection tips wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 12:21:01 PM »
One thing I have found that help me is Apple Cider Vinager with Mother. It fights viral lung and nasal infections. I use it for both me and my cats as it also clears up kennel cough. Another thing, and it may just be because I have a compromised immune system, but eating yeast makes every flue and infection worse. I would try cutting that from your diet and maybe seeing about a cleanse.

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:34:44 PM »
Seconding the apple cider vinegar with Mother (here it's sold in the health food section). My go to sore throat remedy is 2 tbsp each of the vinegar, lemon juice, and honey and a small dash of cinnamon mixed in a mug of hot water. Doesn't taste great but it helps. Really hot steamy showers may help with the chest crackle (that part worried me when I read it as that's what happened when I had pneumonia but the doctor said your lungs are clear, phew!).
Chicken soup/broth, hydrate and stay warm are the only other suggestions I've got, hope you feel better soon!
Where oh where has my Ghoulia gone? Oh where oh where could she be? (Seriously Mattel, where is she??!!)

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 02:41:32 PM »
Drink tons of water. When the body is producing mucus we tend to dehydrate
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr