collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 604 times)

Offline SewingBug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: April 04, 2018, 02:11:21 AM »
Hello, my name is Sarah! I'm a 31-year-old mother of a toddler and I've only just recently started collecting MH dolls after years of eyeing them in stores and online.
I rediscovered Wydowna a few months ago and I knew I had to try my hand at customising so jump cut to the present and my sewing room and bathroom are full of dolls waiting on various spa treatments or laundering.
Ghouls Alive Robecca is my white whale, but Miss Skelita holds the honor of being my favorite of all the ghouls. She has the most unique body sculpt for a doll that I've ever seen and such adorable delicate hands!
I'm hopeful that I will find some useful tips and ideas on these forums for undertaking the faceups and re-roots I have in mind.
So there's my quick blurb about myself. Pleasure to be here!
-Sewingbug

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 10:36:58 AM »
Welcome to the Arena, SewingBug! ( ^ ω ^ )

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 07:53:01 PM »
Lol a whole bunch of dolls in various states sounds like how I do things jump in feet first.

This site is good for great customizing and fixing issues. And the more I do the more comfortable I have been fixing things such as glue seepage,  and I tackled spots on dolls. I have not really done much  customizing except switching heads off dolls with moldef Clothing.

What customs are you planning. From your name do you see a lot? 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:37:47 PM by snowblossum »

Offline SewingBug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stiff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 12:04:37 AM »
I used to sew a lot in my 20's when I had so much more free time, but it also refers to my maiden initials which were S.E.W. I picked the name back when I LARPed and my charachter was super into bugs, spiders, skeletons along with your usual Necromancy. That OC influenced my recurring Halloween costume of being an elegant green spider-taur. Which is where Wydowna and Skelita come into play! 🤓
I've got a faerie OC that I plan on creating from a Howleen, a couple Wizard of Oz characters I want to realize and a few extra ideas rattling around my head that involve my 28" Skelita.

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 03:38:54 PM »
Those sound like a fun direction a Howleen custom. I hope you share some pics. Howleen is a cutie