collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Hi everyone :)  (Read 447 times)

Offline Blarghy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
Hi everyone :)
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:33:29 PM »
I'm a 33 year old Monster High collector from Maryland. I first got interested in the brand when I heard one of the characters was named Draculaura (I'm a Laura and also a vampire fan) so of course I had to get one, and then I saw a Frankie I loved, then a Skelita, and a Spectra, and after that I was hooked. Over the years I've expanded my collection to include Cleo, Venus, Scarah, and others but to my surprise my favorite has turned out to be Frankie (don't tell Draculaura I said that).

I've always been...unusual (to kindly paraphrase my childhood peers lol) with a love for the creepy and have been chronically ill since I was a teen so the embrace your weirdness/physical oddities message really resonated with me. That plus the imagination and creative detail of (most) of the Monster High offerings has made me a fan for life. And the articulation, it always frustrated me as a kid that my Barbies couldn't bend at the elbows.

I also have a few Ever After High dolls but so far have successfully resisted the lure to dive headlong into collecting them too. And I loooove those adorable little Monster High minis.

That pretty much sums it up. Very glad to be here :)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Hi everyone :)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 07:55:47 PM »
Welcome it is always so interesting who becomes our favourites. Torelei is my favorite, i donít watch the movies or anything so my pick is strictly on the doll appeal. I have a soft spot for Lagoona

Offline Blarghy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Recently Deceased
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 10:04:14 AM »
Thank you, and it really is. I too pick solely based on the dolls. I'm actually kind of afraid to watch the movies at this point in case it turns out I can't stand their animated selves and it ruins the dolls for me. (I anthropomorphize like nobody's business.)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 08:42:21 AM »
Thank you, and it really is. I too pick solely based on the dolls. I'm actually kind of afraid to watch the movies at this point in case it turns out I can't stand their animated selves and it ruins the dolls for me. (I anthropomorphize like nobody's business.)
For me I have not been interested in MH my daughter watches jen some. I do like the Eah dolls series to watch

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 02:00:20 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Blarghy! ( ^ ω ^ )

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."