collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Finnegan Wake with international diary?  (Read 734 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
Finnegan Wake with international diary?
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:37:28 PM »
I purchased a new Finnegan Wake on the U.S. Amazon a couple of weeks ago, and I just got around to thumbing through the included journal... For some reason, I received the “international” variant (where there’s just one page, repeated in several languages). I did purchase him from a third-party seller/store on Amazon, but I’m pretty sure they were U.S. based as well.

Just curious... Was the “international” packaging for Finnegan more common and/or distributed in the U.S.? I’ve never received anything but the English language journals before, and I’ve bought a lot of MH from a lot of different sources. It’s not an issue really, but I did find it unusual.

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Finnegan Wake with international diary?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 07:45:04 PM »
I bought Finnegan from Amazon not too long after Mattel's website ran out of stock, and I realized they wouldn't be selling anymore of them. Even way back then, they were selling the international version. I was super bummed about missing out on the full diary, and had been searching for one ever since. I finally found one on eBay just last week.

Wasn't Finnegan a Mattel shop exclusive in the US? I know he was available in stores internationally. That might explain Amazon's stock. I've gotten quite a few international dolls from Amazon. I've been meaning to write up a list of full diaries I still need....

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 10:24:25 AM »
Finn was indeed Mattel Shop Exclusive (at least in America). That's where I got him (one for me, then months later one for my brother).

Good news is that if you want to read his diary, the full text is available online. The Monster High fan wiki has all of the diaries.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2018, 10:53:05 AM »
Ah, that clears things up... Thanks for the info, guys!

I’m not too bummed out about the “incomplete” diary. My MH/EAH diaries pretty much just sit around in a drawer anyway (after I read them once). ^^; Finnegan himself is identical though, right? Not like the U.S. Haunted Spectra, or something?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 10:55:23 AM by Nemesis »

Offline justkitter

• Recovering Completionist
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 03:03:41 PM »
I'm not aware of any differences between the two. Just what diary they include, and what languages they slap on the front of the box.

Ah, the international release of Haunted Spectra. I like to call her Generation 1.5 LOL

Offline Monsterfan95

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Glue-Seepage Head
  • Fan of horror movies and scary characters
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 07:13:22 PM »
Finnegan Wake never came to my country  :sad: