collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 42
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Who is your coincidental dolls  (Read 1114 times)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Who is your coincidental dolls
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:42:42 AM »
When you buy lots of second hand dolls or find cheap dolls while at thrift stores who is the one you end up most with purely by random chance.

Any doll that you never find?

For me I seem to find a lot of Lagoona, she is one of my favourite dolls. Her hair is usually soft and pretty. The first MH doll I bought was  a clearance Swimsuit version of Lagoona. I have a mermaid outfit, I think itís Bratz that she promptly put on has wore ever since.

Then I ended up with Lagoonas now in the plurals so have enough so now wish Cleo would attract to me in my random second hand hunting.

I realized the other day I have not one Scarrah, I donít like her blank eyes but would buy her if I found her. No Holt Hyde of coarse.

The 2 lines I would like to complete are freak du chic and scary reef. I love hunting for dolls so keep looking.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 08:52:42 AM by snowblossum »

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Who is your coincidental dolls
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 09:39:20 AM »
Dance Class Gil and 13 Wishes Twyla at this point I think spawn in our house.  Every time I think we've sold or traded them, there's another one!

In Goodwill, if we see one or two in a bag, it's typically some kind of Frankie.  I don't buy bags if there's just one doll, so i can't say we actually pick up those Frankies.  If there's an EAH doll, it's typically Briar.

There's a lot of characters we never see, except in online lots.  The boys we find are usually Gil and Deuce, so no Holts, Jacksons, Heaths, Billys.  For girls, it's usually the core three we see, though I think there's a lot less Drac than there are Clawdeens and Frankies in our area.  I don't think we've ever gotten a second hand Howleen, Scarah, or Gigi.

We did once see a Bloodgood body, and kept turning the bag to see if her head was in there, but I think it was a parent either not realizing the head is supposed to come off and tossed it, or it wound up in a separate bag.  That and Basic Ghoulia were the biggest surprises we've ever found.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 10:51:27 AM »
There is almost always a Draculaura of some kind!
Also, I seem to have acquired no less than three Coffin Bean Clawdeens.

Offline Esbayne

• Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 02:10:28 PM »
I actually have all the characters & MH dolls I really want so there's none I've been seeking forever but not able to find.

My coolest finds at the thrift store?
Out local Savers tends to be a part of some MLP Rehoming Program. (Not really, but it is always swarming with ponies. I usually get a handful a week or so of ponies I don't have, to fix them up and pretty-ify them for my personal collection, or at least I have been recently)

I almost NEVER find MH dolls there and if I do they're missing tons of pieces + body parts. Coolest thing I ever found & bought up to this point was a bag off ALL the original MH school accessories along with some random Cleo and Sweet 1600 stuff. Also once saw a hairless Nightmare there. (legend has it she's still there, shunned by even the Barbie horses)
Like last week though, there were like 20+ MH dolls there- even a complete Vandala and Peri&Pearl!! I left them though- I already have them, don't collect dups, don't sell, and figured I'd leave them there for some collector or kid that doesn't have them, maybe it'd make their day.
There were tons of interesting nude dolls but none interesting enough to actually buy (messy nude dolls tend to be a bit more of a project then ponies- you have to round up their stuff somehow) but I did find a complete Coffin Bean Venus and Ghouls Rule Cleo. (she was missing her necklace but that's it) Cleaned them up, redid their hairstyles, and now they're beloved members of my collection too.
I also got like 6 ponies that day.
It was a very good day.

I think the most common one to find at thrift stores and, well, basically anywhere else, will always be Draculaura. Others may come close, but Lala is what I refer to as "The Pinkie Pie of MH."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 05:05:37 PM by Esbayne »
Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.

:kitty:

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2018, 02:22:06 PM »
My thrift stores never have monster high. Mostly just Disney animators dolls which I have no interest in. So I order online used dolls. dolls online are actually kind of expensive even when used. I did happen to find a DotD lala complete and cheap only missing her hat which I found later in a used lot. I mostly find tons of howleens, clawdeens, and draculauras. Barely any boys mostly clawd, gils, and deuces. Sometimes a holt appears now and then for a good price. I can never find catty, wydowna, or IHF dolls for a decent price with mostly all their stuff. I just find IHF dolls with an outfit for $20 :( I think the original owners just give away the outfits to their friends or throw it away :/
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2018, 04:04:16 PM »
I don't get them anymore(unless they're dirt cheap or have interesting clothes/shoes) but my flea market usually have Draculauras and Clawdeen, and a little less of Frankie and Cleo. Lagoona and Ghoulia are rare. I also see Deuce relatively often and almost always buy him (Scaris is more common than everything else).

Offline snowblossum

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 06:24:17 AM »
After sorting dolls it is Gholis that seems to show up most frequently when I buy dolls second hand in a lot. I donít know why I tho it was Lagoona. Again I could use some Cleo

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »
I don't really have any luck finding MH, but recently at Once Upon A Child I found an Animator's Collector Anna in perfect condition. She looked like whoever had her before really loved her, and she came home with me. I couldn't leave her there. ^^;

Offline snowblossum

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 08:41:10 AM »
I don't really have any luck finding MH, but recently at Once Upon A Child I found an Animator's Collector Anna in perfect condition. She looked like whoever had her before really loved her, and she came home with me. I couldn't leave her there. ^^;

Oh sweet the animator dolls are adorable. Some dolls one cannot leave behind

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2018, 10:13:57 PM »

Oh sweet the animator dolls are adorable. Some dolls one cannot leave behind

<3

Offline snowblossum

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2018, 06:18:34 AM »
She is adorable.