* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

March 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Your Unusual Doll Opinions  (Read 276 times)

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
Your Unusual Doll Opinions
« on: March 12, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »
I've been hearing about gluehead for years, and only recently watched a video about what it is and how to get rid of it. "Wait a minute" I thought when I saw the doll they were working on, "that's what gluehead is?" Turns out that my DT Draculaura has gluehead. But the thing is, I've always loved the texture of her hair. It stayed in place and held dramatic styles really well. I've always wished more of my dolls had hair like her's. But apparently, most people really hate that kind of thing.

What are some of your not-so-popular doll opinions? Things/looks/characters/features you like that many people don't, things you don't like that most people seem to love, ect?
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Your Unusual Doll Opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:27:22 PM »
I'm not a fan of most of the molded features, Venus and Lagoona being exceptions.  I really dislike Cleo's, but a lot of people love it.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline 8BrickMario

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »
I thought unboxing the dolls was kind of fun, with few exceptions. Most of the time, it was almost relaxing and satisfying.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline LightningBolt

• Undead lunatic
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • Monster Hunter
  • Give me envy give me malice give me your attention
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:59:46 PM »
Gluehead has never bothered me, and I've always preferred Indonesia made dolls because they just feel (and look) betterm have sturdier joints, and just, idk, I like them more than China made dolls. Gluehead means nothing to me as I never do anything to my doll's hair.

Speaking of, I'm a bit picky about hair fibers, and I vastly prefer how Saran feels on MH/EAH dolls than Kanekalon, which I cannot STAND as it only feels nice right out of the box, then it gets bad and feels awful. I can't stand it. Usually people care little about texture, but I'm super picky about it. Doesn't stop me from getting or liking dolls with it, but I wish they didn't have it is all.

I also don't mind 'box hair' as it were, or plastic ties and rubber bands on doll accessories. I keep my dolls as is anyway so all the excess stuff keeping things on are nice and I don't mess with them.

Offline Ameyal

• Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 11:42:23 PM »
I dislike Bangs. (IRL too). It's really hard for them to look good on anyone. I mean, there are people/dolls who look good on them, but yeah...
I also dislike short skirts. I mean, I don't want them to be maxi skirts either, but being able to sit them without showing their molded undies would be nice.

I like the dolls with friendlier faces, and more subtle make up, unless it complements the look(Like the Sweet 1600 dolls)

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »
Eye wonk and minor flaws don't bother me. >.> Unless it's super severe, I think it usually gives the doll a bit more character. (Or even if it doesn't, I'm aware that they're toys and will never be perfect- especially when I debox them and play around with them)
Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.
Looking for Ghouls Rule Cleo's necklace + scarf!

Offline respositob

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
Eye wonk and minor flaws don't bother me.

Same, but mostly because I usually can't notice it. :blush: The only one that really bothers me is my super-duper wonky Raven Queen who looks like she had plastic surgery gone very wrong.

I also don't mind the glue that keeps the hair in place. I actually get frustrated if it starts coming out! I guess I just like the hair to keep it's shape.

Keeping on the hair topic, I'm sure I'm in the minority by saying I don't mind box hair.  For example, Kelpie Blue, Gooliope, or Apple White. Their hair looks fine to me!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2018, 08:29:13 PM »
Lack of articulation is rarely a dealbreaker for me. I mean, it’s awesome if there IS articulation (MtMs=<3), but if I see a Barbie Fashionista or a budget doll that I like, and s/he isn’t super poseable... I shrug it off. I tend not to rebody dolls for this reason, unless the original body is damaged or I’m doing a custom.

Also, not sure if this is unusual or not... but I hate permanent smiles on dolls/figures, unless it really suits the character (Harley Quinn, Kitty Cheshire, etc.). It’s a pain for photography, dioramas, and just kinda over the top in general. I like nuetral expressions. :| Lol, perma-smiles used to irritate me even as a little kid.

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Stone Cold Style
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »
I don't mind molded clothes that much like Dayna's top or the molded undies. Since I always make underwears for my dolls, these make my work easier (Dayna doesn't need a bra and I can use the molded undies as a guide for panties).

On the hate side, I despise pretty much every doll's hair, except for Honey and Venus I think. But then again I don't really like synthetic fibers so I have plans to give everyone a new haircut with natural fibers.