collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: The ghouls and pants/jeans  (Read 737 times)

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
The ghouls and pants/jeans
« on: March 12, 2018, 06:55:50 AM »
While trying to find a pair of pants for one of my Howleens I got thinking that very few of the girls wore pants and most of those are leggings. Denim is almost non existent in the MH Ghoul wardrobe; off the top of my head the only ones I could think of was Operetta's capris and Sig Howleen's overall shorts. They do make really thin jean looking material (I have some for Pullip clothes) and jeans are like a staple to anyone's wardrobe so why was Mattel so averse to using it?

Sigh. Guess I have to make Howleen some jeans *grumble grumble*
Where oh where has my Ghoulia gone? Oh where oh where could she be? (Seriously Mattel, where is she??!!)

Offline DogMom

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Dog hairs are scent delivery mechanisms.
    • View Profile
Re: The ghouls and pants/jeans
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:18:50 AM »
Hi dragonlady! I think the leggings are generally knit, so they would s-t-r-e-t-c-h over the boo-tay and not gap at the waist. Plus no closures to sew on, a production cost issue.

My Jinafire's red twill pants are in a constant state of popped velcro! She's got the boo-tay curves PLUS a tail to complicate matters.

I like Haunt Couture's (etsy) jeans solution - lightweight denim on the front, knit on the back.

If you could find a lightweight denim knit, might that resolve some of regular denim's issues for your Howleen?
"Inescapable change is for puny mortals."     ~Nemesis

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:54:51 AM »
Well, there’s always the option of jeggings. XD A denim-PRINTED spandex or jersey knit would stretch just as well any other MH clothing.

Honestly, though? I was always glad for the general absence of denim from the ghouls’ wardrobes... It made them less Bratz-ish (not that there’s anything wrong with Bratz, but I like it when a doll line has its own style!). I could be biased, though... since I really hate jeans IRL. ^^;

Offline FangedPisces

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 07:27:44 PM »
I think the reason Monster High opted for short skirts is because the creators wanted to show off the fact that the dolls were made with articulated limbs. I feel like such articulation in dolls wasn't all that common at the time.

But I think I have a pair of jeans or two for Monster High dolls that I got from eBay. That place is lousy with doll jeans at pretty low prices. The only catch is that it takes about 3 months to be delivered because they come from China. If you want, I can take a picture of a few pairs I have and you can have them for free. They're for the standard ghoul bodies, though, not for the little sister bodies.
♫~♫~I need an o~ce~an~♫~♫

Desperately Seeking Gothic Girl (Dollar General) slimbox dolls (non-monster version). Willing to pay for your time as well as shipping! Please PM me?

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 05:50:01 AM »
If they're for Howleen, would Bratz jeans work?  I know they don't have leggings but they have plenty of denim skirts and pants, and they're the right length for little sisters.  The regular ghouls can wear them too but they're a bit short.

If you don't mind altering a pair of Barbie size jeans, you could use those.  I know Sparkle Girlz outfits often have real denim shorts or leggings.  We have a tutorial on how to alter Barbie clothes to fit MH.

Barbie to MH:
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,1854.0.html

Ken to MH:
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,1851.0.html

We also had a thread on altering doll clothes (now closed).
http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,8199.20.html
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Offline dragonlady

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 11:19:45 AM »
Thanks everyone:) I guess I was more surprised that there weren't more pants options considering the sheer number of dolls made. I don't know why I didn't think of other doll clothing, I should have something in my Dal/Bratz/Skipper size clothing that should fit! As for making/altering stuff I can do it, I'm just lazy  :blush:
Where oh where has my Ghoulia gone? Oh where oh where could she be? (Seriously Mattel, where is she??!!)

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Assistant Ghouls
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 11:24:33 AM »
No problem....Mattel didn't really make that many pants or shorts for the ghouls.  Come to think of it, I don't see too many pants on Barbie either.
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4