collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 34
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Unlife after Monster High  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Wuvmykitties

• Crazy cat and doll lady
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • Sister Pack
  • Bring me your fakies, your clones, your knockoffs.
    • View Profile
Re: Unlife after Monster High
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2018, 05:02:15 PM »
I still have my MH collection which I'll probably keep, and still have several on display.  But instead of buying MH & EAH, I've been investing more into my Takara Jenny collection, and vintage Barbie collection.  Been finding some great deals on MOD dolls like Francie, Casey & Twiggy.  I've also gotten back into Pippa (6.5 inch dolls by Palitoy) some, altho they're a lot more expensive to buy for me. 

I've also been collecting some Fashionistas.  Some I get for the clothes and some for their beauty. :)  I've been looking into getting some ball joints to see if I can articulate them. 
love & prayers, Lynda :)
Psalm 37:4

Online heftysmurf76

• Blue People Lover
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
  • StepFATHERS are the most wicked of them all!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 12:08:29 AM »
Very interesting to see the directions everyones collecting is going in,,,

I still have my near complete MH and EAH collections and seriously doubt ever getting rid of them, but I think I literally just bought my last 2 MH dolls, Alivia and the reboot Howleen. Unless there's some more original characters they come out with (extremely doubtful) I have no interest in getting any more reboot ghouls (despite really liking the ballet and tea party dolls, I just can't justify the cost of the dolls anymore where there's no passion). It makes me sad that is over pretty much, but it was fun while it lasted...I REALLY miss the heyday of MH especially running the podcasts...

As for what I am into now, well I thought for sure that DCSHGs would be the next big thing for me, but the repetitiveness is just ridiculous!! I mean its far worse than anything MH did, and rarely any new characters...

And so I reverted to MLP and decided to collect the UK releases since I have a complete USA collection(minus teh extremely are MOs), I buy a fashionista here and there to quell my doll-wanting-fix, and also pick up teh latest MLP G4/4.5s and am on the fence about the new EqGs...

Offline Scarlett

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2018, 04:48:38 AM »
I never really collected MH, but I did enjoy hunting down the minis when they were available here, so I'm missing doing that.

with EAH, I've moved them from the lounge room to the spare bedroom, and I need to "organise" them a bit better, so the display looks nice again.

But I've moved more into collecting Pullips, and have been enjoying redressing and taking photos with them.  I find that they are more "versatile" to form characters with as they don't really have a already-formed character like EAH and MH do (and I'm no good at the drawing, so customizing EAH/MH is out of the question for me).

In terms of other collections, I've been knitting for the last couple of years, so am amassing a nice selection of yarn, some of which will actually be made into some type of garment  :biggrin:
And there's always books - we read a lot, and there's always new-to-us authors with large back-catalogues to read through.
And DH has discovered DC Bombshells, so he's collecting the mini-figures for them, which I've been enabling by looking them up and seeing where they can be found here.

And there's Funkos & Rock Candy if we like the figures, and I also love Doctor Who, but I am a bit fussy with what I actually get in regards to my collection there, so that doesn't get added to all that often.

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Create a Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2018, 07:51:05 AM »
Well, I only recently started collecting MH and EAH, so I've still got a lot of doll buying to do, having missed out on the majority of dolls being in stores, I'm sure I'll be working on my collection for a while still, thrifting dolls and searching out the ones I want most online.

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2018, 08:20:08 AM »
I'm slowly Selling off my mh collection. I guess the spark died with the reboot. Just keeping some of my favourite ghouls and selling the rest. I'm keeping my EAH collection though!

I'm still collecting Mc2 dolls and lately been getting into shibajuku dolls ever since I laid eyes on wave 2 shizuka. I think they're not bad, especially for the price point.  Plus I can't afford pullip dolls so they are a pretty good alternative.  Love that they can share clothes with Barbie. And I just love messing with their hair.
^.^ :drac: :hearts: :rainbow:

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2018, 01:39:23 AM »
My MH dolls will be staying displayed and with me for unlife! xD My love for them will never die.
However, I have most of the ones I want at this point. Someday I might make the effort to collect the handful of stragglers I still want but don't have, but it's not very many and they're mostly the very hard to find/expensive ones left now. (For example- Dark Astranova)
I've been turning more to BJDs (I have one I've been customizing for a while, she's been my most recent doll project- my profile pic) and MLP again. Collecting ponies, working on perfecting their shelf I just got for them, thrifting ponies and fixing them up, etc. Also some random dolls here and there that happen to catch my fancy, certain fantasy/sci-fi/horror dolls. Also working on extra things for my dolls like getting/making more clothes and props, and the like.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:42:39 AM by Esbayne »
Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.

:kitty:

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2018, 10:06:52 AM »
I got really depressed for a while when the reboot came out. And noe that the reboot is also in the verge of dead, i got depressed again (because I kept hoping the reboot to come up with something awesome that I would really loved but now there won't be time.
Since I didn't collect dolls before MH, and the lines I started collecting while MH lasted were sister lines (EAH & SC SHG) I will probably finish hunting the ones I missed, or one or two to come (I do want that HawkGirl) but that might be it. I got a SW forces of destiny Ray, but I'm not that convince of hybrids (doll+action figure mesh), so I'm not sure if I'll be getting more.
I  might try my hand at some project customs I had for a while, or I might commission them to someone else. Or I might occasionally find a cute custom online and get it. But I really don't have any plan to start collecting any other doll line. Who knows, something could come across later and interest me back into dolls, but for the moment I don't see anything viable.
Now what would I do with the extra money? Clothes for myself? Savings? Stuff for the house? Baby toys for my niece and grandkid?
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline snowblossum

• Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2018, 06:00:53 AM »
I do miss the excitement if looking for new dolls or releases at the stores. So I will still thrift for discovering  but Walmart and superstore have shrunk their toy lines even Barbie. I do like that MTm Barbies and have been stalking the stores for a curvy mtm  Barbie.  No luck in Canada😔
I plan to fix up the dolls I have bought second hand that need styling  or some clothes.deal with any glue seepage issues, already dealing with this.

Also been doing some sorting of dolls re- boding(is that a word) so some customizing, rerooting.  I donít really see collecting anything new just filling in bits that I am missing from my and eah that I find second hand. 

Offline Lhianneth

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2018, 11:46:00 PM »
Still looking for old dolls that I missed out on occasionally, but I'm much more into action figures these days. Figma, SH Figuarts, Nendoroids, Parfoms, Black Series, etc. I have a running order each month with AmiAmi and Amazon for different releases. I buy fewer of these than I would dolls because they're more expensive, but they're also more satisfying in the end, because it's a hobby I can more easily share with my partner.

I'm considering a couple of BJDs that I've been planning for ages, but every time I think I've got the will up to spend that much, I back out. lol

Hoping to finally commit during the spring or summer sales from Fairyland this year.

Offline Belle Epoque

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
I'm a little obsessed with Shibajuku Girls right now. I've obtained 4 in the last month, and would like more. Except for the fact that I'm a little convinced Wave 3 Koe is a purple haired urban legend, and not an actual item for purchase.

Offline DreamCatcher

• Fashion Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2018, 05:34:34 AM »
Some stores here are clearing up their MH dolls, so I'm going on a bit of a monster craze right now. For 10 euros a pop, how can I resist?  :dazed:

Offline roseprincess1

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2018, 09:45:05 PM »
I'm a little obsessed with Shibajuku Girls right now. I've obtained 4 in the last month, and would like more. Except for the fact that I'm a little convinced Wave 3 Koe is a purple haired urban legend, and not an actual item for purchase.
DO NOT Get me started on that OMG i had to go through the pits of hades to get green haired yoko.. now this ! UGH!

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 06:57:18 AM »
I'm enjoying looking for new Pops.

I sold quite a few dolls and found some I had forgotten about and ended up keeping - I want to tidy up my display of the ones I have left and dust them off, they're rather dusty :(
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2018, 10:48:59 AM »

She exists since I was able to find her at Target for someone. It's like she just appeared out of the blue all of a sudden. Funny thing is she wouldn't ring up at all.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 10:50:44 AM by Wardah »
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Belle Epoque

• Home Ick
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2018, 02:09:43 PM »
That's what happened with my Wave 3 Yoko. They had to pull the price off the website, which is fine by me, because it was $10 less than the one at TRU that I just passed by.

DO NOT Get me started on that OMG i had to go through the pits of hades to get green haired yoko.. now this ! UGH!

Green haired Yokos seemed to be everywhere around here for a minute. I have not even seen a Wave 3 Koe on the internet for sale.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:13:17 PM by Belle Epoque »