collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 17
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

October 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31

Author Topic: Unlife after Monster High  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
Unlife after Monster High
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:35:43 AM »
No matter how one feels about the reboot, it's clear MH is on its last legs. So anyways what are you turning to to fill the gap left by MH fading away?
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline neon_jellyfish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MIB Forbitten Love 2-Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Unlife after Monster High
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 03:43:08 AM »
My post-MH doll activities will be divided into two 'sections' - everybody and their undead great uncle knows I love Pullips, so I'll be collecting those, plus I hope to get some even more expensive dolls, like Kikipops, Smart Dolls, Dollfie Dreams and some BJDs (those are VERY LONG term plans), the other part of plan is playing more with the dolls I have - sewing, taking pics, finding courage to do reroots... So huge part of that gap left by MH will be actually filled by MH.

Offline SweetScreams

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spooktacular
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 04:22:04 AM »
I've been turning over to my other collections, like my Porcelain MLP's and also started gooing back to other hobbies, like dollhouse building and needle felting. It's been a long time coming since I haven't bought dolls in years. But I'm still checking in here often, mostly because I love this community. :-)

Offline 8BrickMario

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 06:04:19 AM »
I think my obsession for MH quickly faded shortly after SDCC this year, and it was already slowing down. But since then, I've been getting into otther toys again (I had been "out of touch" with LEGO despite being a huge fan), and I just recently discovered the Star Wars Black Series, which I think is more my speed to begin with. I really liked MH when I was into it, but now I'm not sure it was a fit. So I'm not so sad about it leaving.
My photo thread:           My drawing thread:

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 06:18:56 AM »
Things are kind of different between my sister and I.  She loves the Shoppies and is a big Funko collector, so for her, there are still things on the shelves to enjoy.  Even though Funko is dying out here where we live, we were even told last time when we went to GameStop "Here's a preorder list, if you want something, preorder it because we aren't even ordering half of these," she's still into it.  She has considered stopping, but there's just so many she wants.  She also really loves the Surprizamals.  Those, and right now she's on a painting kick, will keep her happy.

Me, I'm definitely cutting down on what I do collect, which is kind of throwing me for a loop since most everything I like would have to be ordered or tracked down online.  I'm fully focused on Fire Emblem, but I want to get back into my Black Butler and Sailor Moon collections as well, especially with so much new Sailor Moon merch, and so much Pluto!  The occasional art commission is also something I like to do, when I get a decent amount of money saved up.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 07:53:48 AM »
I'm actually getting more in MH than I have been in a long time  ^^; I now have all the time I need to collect all the dolls I've wanted over the years but never got. Its actually kind of fun hunting them down online for the best prices. I am also going to be ordering some large MH lots off of eBay soon because I want to start customizing and grab a ton of bait dolls before their prices go up. Right before the reboot I ditched MH and focused on my American Girl Doll collection, but I'm back, and my love for the MH brand is stronger than ever!
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline Firecracker

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 09:31:17 AM »
Even before the reboot really started up I was giving more attention to my BJD's.  So that's where all my doll/hobby money has been going.

As much as I love them, it is still a hard adjustment because I can't just go and impulse buy one like mh.  Hunting for new doll releases was kind of the thing that me and my GF would do on the weekends back when I was in highschool and part of college, but now those are just fond memories.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2018, 09:44:01 AM »
I'm enjoying people enjoy their collections more. I haven't even bought a new MH doll in about a year, my last one was a secondhand Catrine.

Also, I love Funko. I bought my first chase for the cost of a MH doll (and the same articulation as the new ones).
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2018, 09:46:46 AM »
I've been slowly moving away from dolls in general since the reboot.  I still have one or two favorite dolls (namely my custom FdC Gooliope and my Kikipop), but the rest of my dolls are all in storage or have been sold.
I just find it hard to get truly excited about dolls at all these days. :(

Lately I've been collecting Nendoroids, anime figures, and buildings and miniatures in 1:12 scale like Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families.

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Claire85

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 10:46:05 AM »
I actually never really delved too much into collecting these dolls, but I just found them super fascinating and well made.

I really only have 4 MH (The Scary Tales and Vandala) and 1 EAH (Cerise).. So my money never really went to them.

I have a bunch of the DCSHG though, so I guess that's where my doll money will go (If they ever get back to releasing new characters in their main outfits again  :mad: ).

Honestly, I might end up getting rid of 2 of the Scary Tales, and maybe Cerise, eventually. Also maybe a majority of the DCSHG, just to narrow it down to ones I like.

Other collectible money goes to Funko, although I am pretty much "done" with my collection until Meg comes out.
Also, I'm obsessed with Disney QPoskets, but I am trying to narrow down to just Ariel/Little Mermaid ones.
I would LOVE to collect Nendoroids, preferably Disney obviously, but they are little pricier. Always keeping an eye out on deals though.

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 11:00:05 AM »
mostly i like making rooms and doll clothes for my dolls. I知 also turning to customizing some dolls and giving new hair to some dolls. I recently started collecting again so I missed out on a lot of stuff! I also enjoy watching you tubers like dollightful and embodies ideas to see how they make their doll customs and the process! Dollightful has some great clothing patterns :) but I think I知 mostly going to collect MH and customize them. I知 just glad there are lots of old MH left and we can remember how great MH used to be!
ISO Cupid and Holt痴 rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2018, 11:58:03 AM »
Wow I didn't expect to see so many diverse answers. I collect and have always collected multiple toy lines tho MH was the first line to get me into fashion sized dolls so I was really wondering what was going to be the IT fashion doll everyone would collect but it seems like there isn't one.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline QuirkyCat

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2018, 12:11:41 PM »
I have been kinda done with monster high for awhile and none of the dolls in the past year or so have called me. I now see for them and just enjoy the dolls I have . The reboot shifted my attention towards other things like art and video games. I'll probably just stop collecting tbh.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2018, 12:30:41 PM »
Wow I didn't expect to see so many diverse answers. I collect and have always collected multiple toy lines tho MH was the first line to get me into fashion sized dolls so I was really wondering what was going to be the IT fashion doll everyone would collect but it seems like there isn't one.

Yeah for me there haven't been any other dolls that have really grabbed me since MH.  There are a couple that I find intriguing enough to pick up one or two, but nothing anywhere near the level of fandom or enthusiasm that I had for MH.

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 01:41:41 PM »
ehhh, I've calmed down on MH a lot. The reboot barely interested me and half of the dolls didn't even get released over here, plus we never got any of the minis past series 1 (I think I did hear that some parts of the UK got series 2, actually? But I never saw 'em in my area. Hell, I barely saw series 1, at that..) so there wasn't really much to keep me super enthusiastic about MH anyway, you know? It's like.. I still like it, but I tend to go in and out of being super active with collections anyway. Sometimes I'm very focused on one particular collection and sometimes (like right now) I'm not really focusing on anything, just kinda going along and doing other stuff. I mean, I'm still collecting, just not super focused on it right now, if that makes sense?? Not sure how to put it.

aaa, I rambled on a bit there, idk if I'm even answering the question properly XD lessee.. I've always been a "collector of collections" so it's not like MH was the only thing I collected. I guess I'll prolly just continue with other stuff and maybe look back at older MH and see if there's any I like but somehow never picked up - that's what I'm doing with Equestria Girls right now. Looks like Enchantimals will probably fill the "current playline" void for me, though. And Funko'll probably get a decent amount of my cash as long as they keep releasing cute CatDog and Rocko figures ;)

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 03:35:24 PM »
Personally, since I just started collecting a few months back, I'll be trying to get as many dolls as possible from various sources. I have a bunch of OCs so lots of customization coming up and all. I've always collected dolls so I might switch to another franchise once MH is entirely dead, I haven't found anything that caught my eyes yet though!

Offline Cece

• First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 04:08:59 PM »
Mostly picking up Barbies and working on some customs as far as dolls go. I'm also getting interested in Pullips and may get one or two. As for my monster fix, I'm looking forward the Monster Prom game on Steam

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Absolutely Abbeylicious
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • Pet Collector
  • 100% Good Accented Rottish Ghoul
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2018, 04:16:25 PM »
I'm in the process of collecting the movies again, now that I'm more financially stable for now. No matter what, I still like the movies, especially 13 Wishes as I watched it when I was just getting into MH and it was during a pretty upsetting time in my life  ^^;

I still have my sig Catty and Londoom Catty dressed up in her lush corset/ILF Iris boots. I still want to get another like Londoom or Geek Shriek to dress up in Sweet 1600 Lala's dress, and the urge to get the two Clawdia dolls tugs at me again! If I could afford it (and the maker wasn't stupid  :mad: ) I'd get the Once Upon a Zombie dolls again.

(Oh, and the sig Catty Megablox if I can get her cheap!)

I don't think I'll get into a doll line like MH ever again. It just got past my usual dislike of dolls and grabbed me. I have collections like my yaoi manga, Daenerys and FNAF POP! lots to continue, but nothing like my Abbey mania!
If I have not replied to you, please give me a PM! Super-busy and may miss some messages!

Offline Nemesis

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Creative Kitty
  • Ooh! Shinies! *o*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2018, 06:34:20 PM »
Well, I値l always continue to enjoy my existing MH collection. :) Aside from that, I値l still keep a close eye on the fashion doll world, be it Barbie, DCSHG, Disney, or whatever the future brings. I collect quite a few other toylines, also... Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families, MLP, Shopkins, Funko, etc. are plenty to keep me occupied.

That said, I do hope that MH will have the kind of dedicated fanbase that G1 MLP has enjoyed all these years... I suppose the saddest thing for me would be to see the fandom itself fading out of existence. :(

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 07:34:05 PM »
MH will always have a special place in my heart so I'll probably stick around and get serious about tracking down my grail dolls and finishing my customs. Just generally enjoying my collection y'know? Getting all the movies and webisodes onto my computer sounds like a good idea too. I never did finish any of the book series, maybe I should get around to that.

I've been getting more into gaming recently which is partially why I haven't been buying so many dolls shhh so I imagine I'll probably fill the void with both the games and their merch. I've really been eyeing some Sonic figurines that are releasing this year, just this past week I found out that a new company is starting to make sonic statues! Not to mention that Project Mc2 and the Shopkins Shoppies are still going strong! I still collect Funko too.