collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 8
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29

Author Topic: Modern buys  (Read 1320 times)

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
Modern buys
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:58:32 PM »
Literally my entire post just randomly deleted :/ let me explain briefly again, this will be my brags thread about mostly all of my purchases! I recently bought a lot of dolls including some rares for $5 each! It would be overly complicated to list them all at once so I will be trying to upload a photo of a random lucky doll every day :)
First day:

I<3 shoes lala. She is just adorable in my opinion. I love everything she came with! Her outfit is my favorite part. I love how 80s ( I think ) it looks. I love how her yellow shoes have hearts on them and I think the tiny bag is just the cherry on top for me :3 I will be posting extra photos in the doll a day challenge too since they correspond. Thanks for viewing!
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
Re: Modern buys
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 11:41:41 PM »

First wave ghoulia. I never really liked the doll herself but her clothes are really nice. I love her style and Iím glad to have her. Her bag is VERY detailed and I was very impressed on how beautiful she is. Not a big fan of her hair. Feels weird like venusís for some reason.. EDIT: her glasses are super cute too!

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:14:50 PM »

First wave ghoulia. I never really liked the doll herself but her clothes are really nice. I love her style and Iím glad to have her. Her bag is VERY detailed and I was very impressed on how beautiful she is. Not a big fan of her hair. Feels weird like venusís for some reason.. EDIT: her glasses are super cute too!
Signature and SDCC Ghoulia are my holy grail dolls! Even if she's not one of your grails, I'll congratulate you anyway :P Also, I think she is one of the few dolls to have doll-grade kanekalon hair on certain editions along with Spectra and Venus. I'm not positive whether Signature Ghoulia has kanekalon hair or not, but I'm pretty sure some versions of her do, so that could be why it feels weird.
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 12:50:08 AM »

Signature and SDCC Ghoulia are my holy grail dolls! Even if she's not one of your grails, I'll congratulate you anyway :P Also, I think she is one of the few dolls to have doll-grade kanekalon hair on certain editions along with Spectra and Venus. I'm not positive whether Signature Ghoulia has kanekalon hair or not, but I'm pretty sure some versions of her do, so that could be why it feels weird.
Thank you so much :) ghoulia is truly adorable. I canít believe how detailed she is :0 yeah venus has the same hair texture. Personally I just find it hard to brush through without breaking it. I still love how long it is though :3

These two are adorable. I LOVE clawdís shoes so much! Unbelievably detailed. I think draculauraís dress is just simply adorable ^~^
( my mom took clawdís bulldog. She loves bulldogs so much LOL )

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 09:44:55 AM »
That Ghoulia is amazing! Congrats on her and the Love at first bite pack
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 05:43:56 PM »
That Ghoulia is amazing! Congrats on her and the Love at first bite pack
Thank you! :biggrin:
I went to Las Vegas toy fair today and the had lots of in box MH for cheap!! They also had PD Frankie but her bangs were kind of messed up. Got these all for $30. Might trade them for other in box dolls or stuff from my wishlist so feel free to PM with an offer!

Cleo has a spot on her nose. Might clean it with some acetone later.

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 05:47:50 PM »

Cleo and deuce.
Honestly I love these two but the only thing I hate about them is their stands. Whenever I tried putting them on it it snaps like crazy. I then have to re super glue it which gets annoying. This happened to my lagoona too and they literally have to be balanced to stand. I love how much detail these two have! I love how tiny Cleoís phone is itís truly adorable! Also, deuceís pet is one of my favorite MH pets so far!

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »

Two of my favorite characters. my mom thinks they are KISS dolls because of their white face fur? Lol. I love their outfits so much. Just be careful if you ever put on meowlodyís shoe.. push too hard and you might end up breaking a knee like I did :/ the skirts are a little too short and look like underwear from the inside even though the ribbon was put in there to prevent the skirt from sliding up the entire doll. I love their little twin hair stripe. Just donít brush it and you will be fine :)

Post Merge: February 27, 2018, 10:26:46 PM

Sig catty. I love this doll soooo much! Her hair length and quality is just amazing :0 her outfit is just stunning. The only thing I would have changed about her is her fringes. I wish they were a little longer but Iím weird like that :P Iíll probably end up giving her longer fringe with the extra catty hair I have leftover.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:26:47 PM by modernmonsterhigh »

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 11:14:01 PM »

Barely incomplete lagoona Free with my purchase :)
Honestly donít know how to take her arm fins out.

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2018, 05:18:42 AM »
wow, you are scoring several HTF collectibles!
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2018, 03:09:34 PM »
wow, you are scoring several HTF collectibles!
I honestly just got lucky! I saw someone selling a holt in box on auction for pretty cheap ( he quickly went up to $60 though so it was meh ) and so I messaged them before any bids if they could do $50 or so for him as a buy it now. They then messaged me back saying they couldnít do that because someone bidded between my message and her getting back to my message. They did mention they had a lot of MH they would do $5 each for. I honestly was so happy to get a lot of dolls that are unreasonably rare on eBay. She did say they would have to go to a good home so I took them :) if I ever do sell them to someone though Iíd probably sell them for the same conditions ( $5 and a good home :p ) but now Iím just adoring all these dollies  :love: I have a lot more to show you guys too!

Toralei
I loooooovvvveee her so much x.x her clothing and style is just incredible :0 her and meowlody and purrsephone are some of my favorite dolls. The only problems I find with her are her tail and a big bad wonk :/ her tail doesnít stay in correctly at all sadly so I just had to hot glue it to a stand so I could display her. She does have an annoying wonk and Iíve even considered contacting Mattel and possibly get a replacement head of her signature. Sorry my picture doesnít show the wonk so well but itís pretty bad. Just glad her hair mostly covers it. I love her pants and leather jacket! Honestly so happy I got her! When I get more space her and the werecat twins together :p
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 11:29:22 PM by modernmonsterhigh »

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2018, 12:00:38 AM »

Nefera
Really glad to have such a beautiful doll! Iím very glad to get her for a great price with her ring :) I love her outfit so much and her hair and faceup is just gorgeous. Nefera is truly a beauty ^~^

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2018, 11:44:19 PM »

Holt and jackson
Iím in love with both of them. Jacksonís glasses are adorable and I canít get enough of holtís ring. I love their clothes too! The yin yang tattoo on their back is such an amazing detail. Oh how I miss old monster high  :(

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 12:02:47 AM »

Sig operetta. To be honest, operetta is one of my favorite dolls. I love her hairdo so much! Itís just so adorable :3 and of course her ring is one of my favorite aspects about her. Iím so thankful to get this doll even though I have 100s of her already.. sheís just absolutely gorgeous.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 12:06:38 AM by modernmonsterhigh »

Offline respositob

• MIB Signature Ghoulia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 12:40:18 PM »
Wow! Great finds! And all of the dolls are in such nice condition! :)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2018, 08:40:53 AM »
Oh you hit the jackpot to find so many rare dolls in such great condion and the price is amazing. I love Nefera and Cleo