collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 21
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: What do you like about G2?  (Read 2361 times)

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
Re: What do you like about G2?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2018, 09:08:16 PM »
I randomly remembered one incredibly small, yet incredibly amazing, change from G1 to G2... LAGOONA GOT BLUEGREEN EYEBROWS! Haha, her purple ones always aggravated me  ^^;
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2018, 10:15:34 AM »
I randomly remembered one incredibly small, yet incredibly amazing, change from G1 to G2... LAGOONA GOT BLUEGREEN EYEBROWS! Haha, her purple ones always aggravated me  ^^;

Oh, I liked that too!
I actually think she was one of the few that did benefit from the reboot, but I'm sure other fans might disagree if she was their favorite and felt she was perfect just the way she was
It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Cleoglyphics

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Desert Rider
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 12:07:25 AM »
For me, it's:

• Some of the new face-ups. While most of the times I really did not like the softer faceups for the older characters (Especially for Clawdeen and Cleo... oof), for some characters, in particular Draculaura and Lagoona, the bigger, softer faces made more sense.
  • The molded on body details. I actually love Cleo's bandages and Lagoona's scales and Clawdeen's fur, it brings a lot more life to their characters. I'm not too fond of Frankie's stitches, but that's mostly because the details are unpainted when they should be
  • The Shriekwrecked line was fantastic
  • Rayth is a cutie and I wish he got a nice doll.
  • Moanica was a pretty great character. I also like Kelpie and Treesa too.
  • The sturdier bodies were nice. Didn't have to worry about breaking them as much.
  • The SDCC '17 Ghoulia and Cleo 2-pack is my absolute fave of all the SDCC collector dolls. Zomby Gaga was great as well
  • Speaking of Cleo, I think her Ballerina and Music Class dolls are really pretty... Granted after they have been re-bodied onto an articulate G2 Cleo doll (I feel the same way about that big hair Draculaura doll, who is one of my fave dolls ever once I stuck her onto an Electrified Lala bod)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 12:12:06 AM by Cleoglyphics »
Sugar, Spice and everything Feist!

Offline sisterskipper

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2018, 05:48:06 AM »
I liked there was more Lagoona.. And the kids. I love families with dolls

Offline Esbayne

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Monster Hunter
  • "there are tiny squishy MH tiny people"
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
-Moanica! She is soo cool. I hemmed and hawed over her for months before getting her when she came out but am so happy I have her now.

-Zombie Gaga! I'm pretty sure she wouldn't exist without G2 and she is also super, super cool. I LOVE her tux and fishnets. Fishnets went to other dolls, her tux stays on her. Such cool clothes.

-Monster families! I guess technically G2 didn't start the parent dolls, G1 did with SDCC Hexiciah, but I still love having adults/younger teens/young kids. Adds to the variety- I never liked them really -all- being teenagers, I would always headcanon that my dolls were varying ages.

-The newest SDCC was pretty cool, eh? I mean- it'll probably be the last one, sadly, and didn't even make it to SDCC- but it was pretty cool.

-Garden Ghouls and Shriek Wrecked were AMAZING. Especially Garden Ghouls, I always wanted fairies and a tree monster, and bug fairies are even cooler. I have all the new characters from Garden Ghouls, I customized me Treesa though. I only have Lagoona & Rochelle from Shriekwrecked but that line was pretty cool too- though Dayna was not nearly as cool as she should have been- I may get her some day to customize her like Treesa.

-Raythe is pretty cool. I wish he had a doll.

* Less dolls I want = good news for my finances, and means I have time and money to spend on older dolls! :)

This as well! My MH collection has slowed down a tonnn. I'm not bored with them or getting rid of them by any means- just kind of investing in my other collections right now (MLP, other dolls like BJDs) and adding to the MH collection when I find cool ones. Gives me time to appreciate all the dolls I already have more, too.
Also Esbayne on the MLP Arena, PonyIsland, and pretty much everywhere else.

:kitty: