collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 11
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

October 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Style Questions!  (Read 988 times)

Offline Valadomi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
    • Valadomi on Facebook
Style Questions!
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:57:14 PM »
I'm currently plotting 6 piece outfits to make for my Patreon, and I'm struggling to choose between styles. This got me curious - what style of clothes do you prefer on you and what do you prefer on your dolls, and does it differ?

So far I've come up with a Grunge look and a Goth Loli look --link to the sketch if you're interested--
and now I'm pondering maybe a steampunk look. One that isn't all brown ^^'
I have so many ideas though... and there are so many styles to choose from!

Which is your fave?
Goth, punk, steampunk, lolita, harajuku, pin up, 80s, streetwear, pastel goth, unicorn, sporty, comfy, boho, metal, hippie, geek, traditional (kimonos, lederhosen, pilgrim etc) or something else?

[Moved to Clawdeen's Closet is this is a clothing topic, not a customization topic.  ~SaelaVe]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:45:05 AM by SaelaVe »

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
Re: Style Questions!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »
Well if youíre asking me, I like a variety of things. On dolls I like to have a variety of outfits. For my favorite doll(s) I usually have one chill comfy outfit like a long sleeve shirt, joggers or short joggers, graphic tee, and Iím currently trying to make a party dress/ Lolita outfit. But the style I prefer is Gothic Lolita or Comfy. Kimonos could also count as comfy. Also, just asking, what kind of patrons would these patterns be availible to? I love your work :) If you are asking for a specific kind of Gothic Lolita I like I suggest looking up Celeste from Danganronpa. I think her outfit is amazing ;0 ( Those pants in your sketch are AMAZING! Iím pretty sure steampunk would work too! Or why not make both hehe :3 )
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline Valadomi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Wonky Eyes
    • View Profile
    • Valadomi on Facebook
Re: Style Questions!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 06:29:07 PM »
I really like the chill out look too! The watching tv at home with a cup of mocha and the cat purring beside me kind of look :3

Thank you for the compliments! The outfits wouldn't be patterns, they would be rewards for a certain tier, sent out a piece or two a month so by 6 months you'd have a set, but they could also be used individually.. it's... challenging  :happy:
I am contemplating making a pattern library if I get enough followers. Kind of collecting them as I go anyway, as I'm making all my own so far..  :dazed:

I think I might add a tie to the goth loli set after seeing Celeste.. she is super cool!