collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 27
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: Grief over the end of G1?  (Read 4113 times)

Offline rco55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
Re: Grief over the end of G1?
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2018, 06:29:57 AM »
I feel the quality of the designs and details took a dive after Garrett Sander left the project :(

Also, I assume the articulation efforts went to the deals with WWE, their dolls and new products. Mattel still releases articulated MH dolls, but MH is now a line targeted to kids, and thus, i think articulation is more of an issue than anything else, with all the small parts and little accessories. So maybe that's why the details and articulation are becoming less and less prominent.

I don't think mattel thinks about their adult customers too much when it comes to MH nowadays, but it'd be nice if at least they'd do a playline for kids (kind of like a budget line) and kept the quality on a section of the line made for adults. I'm assuming the dolls would become a bit more expensive, but at least they would be worth the money invested.

Offline Majesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2018, 05:30:48 AM »
I feel the quality of the designs and details took a dive after Garrett Sander left the project :(

Also, I assume the articulation efforts went to the deals with WWE, their dolls and new products. Mattel still releases articulated MH dolls, but MH is now a line targeted to kids, and thus, i think articulation is more of an issue than anything else, with all the small parts and little accessories. So maybe that's why the details and articulation are becoming less and less prominent.

I don't think mattel thinks about their adult customers too much when it comes to MH nowadays, but it'd be nice if at least they'd do a playline for kids (kind of like a budget line) and kept the quality on a section of the line made for adults. I'm assuming the dolls would become a bit more expensive, but at least they would be worth the money invested.

I feel like the collector dolls and the comic con dolls can be considered for their adult collectors, but we haven't gotten many of those lately.

I'm over G2.  I admit I hated it then learned to be OK with it, bought the first two movies had a few of the dolls but I fell out of love quickly with it.  I loved the darker colors with G1 Monster High and the creep factor I guess.  The bright colors don't do it for me with G2 and the fact that they aren't High School age in my opinion.  I also don't like the face molds and the cheap quality of the clothing.

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2018, 10:32:39 AM »

I feel like the collector dolls and the comic con dolls can be considered for their adult collectors, but we haven't gotten many of those lately.

I'm over G2.  I admit I hated it then learned to be OK with it, bought the first two movies had a few of the dolls but I fell out of love quickly with it.  I loved the darker colors with G1 Monster High and the creep factor I guess.  The bright colors don't do it for me with G2 and the fact that they aren't High School age in my opinion.  I also don't like the face molds and the cheap quality of the clothing.

There were plenty of bright colors during G1 and G2 has plenty of creep factor like Moanica's awesome ribcage tiara. Honestly when I look at dolls from G2 and G1 together the only things that really stand out is G2 having tamer makeup and hemlines that are maybe a little lower so they don't show doll panty when you bend them over.

Anyways MH was in a sales decline well before G2 happened as a last ditch effort to save the brand. Monsters were no longer trendy. Unicorns and mermaids are now more popular than vampires and zombies. Add to that dolls being in a slump because blind packaged toys are a big thing right now. Timing is just not good right now but maybe someday when it is our monster friends will come out to play.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.