* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

  • Dot Guests: 19
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Calendar

September 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Author Topic: To Exchange Or No?  (Read 839 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Crimson Kitty

  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • ****
  • Posts: 1475
  • Gender: Male
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
To Exchange Or No?
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:40:10 PM »
Okay, so heres the deal:
I recently purchased the Cleo and Ghoulia Exclusive (for SDCC) two pack for $40 off of Its part of their limited quantity 'Vault', where they sell old toys that they have leftover stock of. When it arrived today, I was kind of disappointed to find that Cleo has slight scuffing all across her top lip (and a little bit of wonk). The painting on Ghoulia's lips looks almost like it is flecking upwards rather than being a smooth line, and theres a tiny little scuff in the paint on Ghoulia's heels. These aren't super huge issues, and if these were playline dolls I wouldn't be bothered, but these are exclusive "Adult Collector" (as the box says) dolls. I don't plan to debox them, and it kind of bugs me that they came with these imperfections. The thing is though, I don't think that they will pay for the shipping if I ask for an exchange. I don't know if its worth the hassle of paying for shipping and sending the dolls back. So do I just keep these and not worry about it, or do I ask for the exchange and hope to get another set that is a bit less messy?

[moving to Trader Support  :) --Zombelina, Discussions/Sightings mod]
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:09:56 AM by Zombelina »
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline neon_jellyfish

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Spooktacular
  • ****
  • Posts: 2032
  • Gender: Female
    • View Profile
Re: To Exchange Or No?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »
I would probably contact the customer service first and ask them about the exchange and shipping, etc. If I were worried about dolls running out of stock (and if I had the money), I'd order another set first and then I'd return the wonky one. That would also let me keep the better one, without risking getting even wonkier dolls. But I'm not the most practical person, so wait for others' advice, too!

Offline VoidChilde

  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • **
  • Posts: 141
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
Re: To Exchange Or No?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 11:42:52 PM »
So I checked Mattel's customer service for returns and yeah, they don't pay for shipping and you have to apply to get a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) before sending your product back. You can read the whole process here: Personally, I would order a second one and see if it's less messy and try to resell the first one to someone who won't care much about the wonk (or if they plan on repainting them). That way you don't have to go through Mattel's loops and you get your money back for the first set by reselling it (plus your buyer pays shipping so you don't have to pay to ship it this time).