collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 36
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: Ebay Irritation "lost items"  (Read 722 times)

Offline RodimusKnight

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Creeperific
    • View Profile
Ebay Irritation "lost items"
« on: January 31, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
So last night I made a purchase on Ebay for a GI Joe lot of in package figures for what I considered to be a really good Price.
This morning I got a message saying they couldn't locate the items. (2 single figures and a 2 pack for $22.99 plus shipping)

Anyone think I'm being paranoid to think the items in this "lost" lot will end up being sold separately within a couple of days?

Moving this to Trader Support - Wuvmykitties
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 04:54:03 PM by Wuvmykitties »

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay Irritation "lost items"
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 11:02:52 AM »
Considering what happened to me a few months ago, no, I wouldn't be surprised.  I bought a set of 2 Fire Emblem keychains, Xander and Leo, in their bags and I think they had their little boxes too.  I bought it for I think $20?  Xander usually goes for $20-$25, Leo can go upwards of $60 or even higher.

I didn't think anything of it, because we've gotten good deals on keychains before. 

Not even 24 hours later, I got a message saying the seller cancelled because they had lost the items, only to have them pop up again, same picture they had listed and everything, two separate listings of Xander for $30 and Leo for $70.

I not only sent them a pretty heated message saying that once they were "lost" I figured this would happen, which caused them to then badly crop the other keychain out of each listing, I also reported the listings, which were down within the hour.  Don't know if it was my message or eBay, but that's about all you can do.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline RodimusKnight

• Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 07:37:31 AM »
Considering what happened to me a few months ago, no, I wouldn't be surprised.  I bought a set of 2 Fire Emblem keychains, Xander and Leo, in their bags and I think they had their little boxes too.  I bought it for I think $20?  Xander usually goes for $20-$25, Leo can go upwards of $60 or even higher.

I didn't think anything of it, because we've gotten good deals on keychains before. 

Not even 24 hours later, I got a message saying the seller cancelled because they had lost the items, only to have them pop up again, same picture they had listed and everything, two separate listings of Xander for $30 and Leo for $70.

I not only sent them a pretty heated message saying that once they were "lost" I figured this would happen, which caused them to then badly crop the other keychain out of each listing, I also reported the listings, which were down within the hour.  Don't know if it was my message or eBay, but that's about all you can do.

Yup, I've been checking the sellers auctions daily to see if they pop up. It was only two days ago though.  It's also why I wanted them to cancel the sale and not do it myself like they requested. That way I can report them to ebay.

Offline Konzern

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 08:12:24 AM »
So they didn't cancel the listing themselves, just sent you a message saying "Hey, I can't find them."  In that case, tell them you'd be willing to wait a bit to see if they can find them.  It's even more shady that they want you to cancel it. 

Offline RodimusKnight

• Creeperific
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 12:38:04 PM »
So they didn't cancel the listing themselves, just sent you a message saying "Hey, I can't find them."  In that case, tell them you'd be willing to wait a bit to see if they can find them.  It's even more shady that they want you to cancel it.

I didn't cancel it. They ended up canceling it because I wasn't willing to.

Offline Konzern

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 02:37:02 PM »
Then definitely keep an eye out for them relisting.   ^^; Though they might have also sold it elsewhere offline, but it absolutely sounds like they realized they priced too low after selling it.

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 07:09:17 PM »

Did ebay dock their seller feedback or w/e?
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Konzern

• MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 08:16:18 PM »

Did ebay dock their seller feedback or w/e?

Their feedback score is now at 80%, my negative feedback stayed.  I've had people have negative feedback removed even though it was deserved, but not this one.  I want to say they also put strikes on their accounts in cases like this, if it can be proven they lied to relist at a higher price.