collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 5
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: Marks on face Clear away  (Read 844 times)

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
Marks on face Clear away
« on: January 27, 2018, 08:26:39 AM »
I have a few dolls needing some spots treated. All the dolls were second hand but one Apple that is mine and was new,  she must have been against something and absorbed the colour.

A couple dolls have some blue on the faces and one has a black spot on her cheek. Seems that the plastic absorbed the colour. There is a couple dolls with marker or some type of drawing on the faces.

So I bought some zit cream and have been treating the dolls.  Two are cured.

The others are lighter spots but still too noticible. Do I remove the zit cream everyday then reapply? How often and how much?  Should I put the dolls in sunlight?    Any other suggestions for how to use this to work better. How long can a really bad spot take to fix? Any other suggestions ?

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
Re: Marks on face Clear away
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 10:02:15 AM »
Currently doing this for my ghoulia and itís been working. I keep her in the sun and let her sit during the day and re apply at night and keep doing it. It depends on how bad it is. Mine was a light stain and it should be all done in 2-3 days. I suggest putting only the doll head in sunlight. But thats just me :) good luck!
ISO Cupid and Holtís rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline NixieLynx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
  • Somebody tell me, why I work so hard for you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 11:23:57 AM »
Can it work on a doll like Heath Burns? When i opened him he had some black stains on his hand from the mitten.

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 11:39:34 AM »
I'm doing the same treatment on a Catrine's face where she had some transfer stains from being stored with Lorna and it's working! I think it works on pretty much any doll for any kind of stain from what I've seen, it just depends on the time.

Offline Sendra

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 01:37:23 PM »
I feel UV light (sunlight or UV lamp) is super important to the stain removal process. I have a doll that got some sharpie stains on her during a hair dyeing experiment so I decided to use her for another experiment. I tried using just benzoyl peroxide on a stain for a few days and saw little change, but when I used the cream on another stain with my UV lamp the stain faded drastically within 8 hours.

Offline snowblossum

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 08:07:31 AM »
Thank you, the stains that are the worst are on Apple white and are blue on her face. Not sure what it is from. I will try putting the doll in sunlight. I do not have a UV lamp

Offline Dludnerad

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 06:48:19 PM »
Can it work on a doll like Heath Burns? When i opened him he had some black stains on his hand from the mitten.

The marks on Heath's hand will fade in time. Mine was terrible when I deboxed him. Really dark discolouration from that darned oven mitt. Now there's not a mark on him.
Dead things, Mikey! Dead things!!!

Offline NixieLynx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Midnight Magic
  • Somebody tell me, why I work so hard for you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 03:02:53 AM »

The marks on Heath's hand will fade in time. Mine was terrible when I deboxed him. Really dark discolouration from that darned oven mitt. Now there's not a mark on him.

Thanks!