collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 32
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

July 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Author Topic: Amanita Nightshade Accessories  (Read 659 times)

Offline johnstexas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
Amanita Nightshade Accessories
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:12:36 PM »
I sold, through consignment, a Signature Amanita Nightshade doll on Amazon, listed as in Collectible condition (not New) because of damage to the box. It had never been opened and I've sold several of these dolls. The buyer believes there should have been a dress from Draculaura, Ghoulia's glasses and Jane's shovel. I had never seen these items in any that we sold (at least not visible for outside the box) and never have gotten any complaints.

Is it supposed to include these items?

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
Re: Amanita Nightshade Accessories
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:31:04 PM »
I don't have Amanita yet but the entry of her signature doll on Monster High Checklist (https://mhcollector.com/amanita-nightshade/) doesn't list any of these. I think your buyer is just trying to get some more accessories for free.

Offline modernmonsterhigh

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • MIB Signature Ghoulia
  • Squishy doll heads everywhere! :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:21:09 PM »
No. She does not come with those items listed. I have a MIB amanita and I do not see glasses, a draculaura dress and a shovel?.. the buyer is probably trying to find an excuse to rate you poorly or get some money back for “missing items.”
ISO Cupid and Holt’s rings.
Wishlist: http://mharena.com/index.php/topic,14628.0.html

Offline johnstexas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • First Wave Dead Tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »
Thanks for the info. I didn't believe these items were included. I don't think the buyer is trying to pull one over on us though as these pics appear on the Amazon product page. I either hadn't seen them or didn't pay too much attention:

They are at https://www.amazon.com/Monster-High-Amanita-Nightshade-Doll/dp/B00MZ6OA62/ the fourth and sixth pics (The fifth is similar to the fourth).

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 11:15:54 PM »
Oh, yeah, they do appear there...It should've been made clear but I think it's a reference to Amanita's tendency to "borrow" things from others like how she took all of Cleo's clothes and all. The buyer probably thought this meant the doll did come with borrowed stuff from others.

Offline Simply Indescribable

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Stone Cold Style
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist - Sweet Bats
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 03:04:17 AM »
The doll description seems to state what she comes with
"Her gore-geous dress creates quite a "stink" designed in her signature colors of green and purple and with garden-inspired elements like ruffled sleeves and a floral print on the sheer, flowing skirt
Uhhhh-mazing accessories include clawesome jewelry, a hair-raising headpiece, scary sweet bag, fingerless gloves and to-die-for shoes that have creepy cool climbing vines for heels
Doll comes with her modeling portfolio (with signed headshot) and diary with extra-gory details about her un-life"

You can also direct the buyer to the Q&A on that product page:
Question: The photos for the doll show several accessories that did not come with the doll (photo with pen, shovel, water bottle, lipstick, glasses, etc).????
Answer: If I remember correctly it was just the doll.
By maria rummel on September 7, 2016
Mine didnt come with those
By Amazon Customer on September 7, 2016

But yeah, I can see where the confusion came from. Unfortunately they were just used as props for her photos. The photo where she's holding the dress even has more clothes/shoes in the background (I think I see Frankie and Clawdeen dresses?), making it seem more like a closet raid (the photo of just the accessories is odd, I can see the shovel for the garden theme, but not sure why some of the others are there). I can see how it could be considered false advertising, but nothing you could be faulted for.