collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30
  • Dot Hidden: 1
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

April 2019
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Author Topic: Lagoona Hand Webbing  (Read 541 times)

Offline Sweet Bats

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Lagoona Hand Webbing
« on: January 21, 2018, 12:26:25 PM »
Hey all!

I'm going to be working on a commission soon, and they want a Lagoona doll as the base, but are not fond of the webbing between her fingers. Has anyone had any success removing this with an X-Acto knife or is it best to just replace the hands with those from another doll and do my best to color match to Lagoona's skintone? Thanks for any suggestions and advice!

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
Re: Lagoona Hand Webbing
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 12:29:55 PM »
I've never removed Lagoona's webbing but I did remove Honey's webbing with a sharp craft knife with no issue and you can barely see that there ever was webbing (it was my first time doing this so it's a little bit clumsy) so I think it's entirely possible to do it with Lagoona!

Offline Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2018, 01:30:03 PM »
I've never removed Lagoona's webbing but I did remove Honey's webbing with a sharp craft knife with no issue and you can barely see that there ever was webbing (it was my first time doing this so it's a little bit clumsy) so I think it's entirely possible to do it with Lagoona!
My wifi's out so I can only see small phone images, but is Honey's webbing made out of the same material as her body? Lagoona's looks different, almost like it was added in rather than part of her mold, so I'm mainly worried it's going to leave an obvious and unsightly mark where the different plastics met. Good to know Honey's can be removed though, will keep that in mind for future customization!

Offline VoidChilde

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2018, 04:48:32 PM »
Honey's webbing was definitely the same material as her hands but I know what you mean about Lagoona's. She has hands sort of like Lorna but her webbing is sort of transparent - is it hard (like the limbs for example) or soft plastic (like the hands)? I think that if you follow closely the lines where the webbing meets the fingers, you should be able to remove most of it and maybe file down the fingers a bit once you're done to remove anything that might be left? I don't have a Lagoona doll yet so I can't really compare with Honey or Lorna.

Offline Sweet Bats

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Aspiring Faceup Artist
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
Actually, taking a closer look at her, it looks like het hands and forearms are made of the transparent "fin" material, then painted over with her skin color. I'll have to check other lines she was in (only have the dance class one with me right now) but that would make it a little easier to cut, sand, and paint.

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 10:55:57 AM »
Actually, taking a closer look at her, it looks like het hands and forearms are made of the transparent "fin" material, then painted over with her skin color. I'll have to check other lines she was in (only have the dance class one with me right now) but that would make it a little easier to cut, sand, and paint.

It's been a long time, but if I remember correctly both my Sig Lagoona and Dead Tired Lagoona also had transparent hands with the hands painted to match the the rest of her body.  The webbing was a part of the hand mold and not a separate piece/material.

Offline Ameyal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sister Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 03:19:00 PM »
I think the reboot Lagoonas have a more subtle webbing and their hands are from that colors intead of painted.