collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

September 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

Author Topic: New dolls! Rainy Day dolls  (Read 2398 times)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: New dolls! Rainy Day dolls
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 09:16:34 AM »
If you're going to give a doll an umbrella, why would you not give her the ability to hold said umbrella in a way that makes sense?

I think that's why they gave them the one bent arm.  However, the doll's are riddled with so many other design flaws that that one bent arm isn't doing them any favors. 
The hands appear to be in a horizontal position instead of vertical, so if you did put the umbrella in their hand they'd just be holding it out to the side like they're getting ready to duel the Penguin.  And the umbrellas appear to be solid plastic and unable to be opened.  So even if the dolls were articulated and could be posed in a proper umbrella-holding position, it would still look stupid as hell for them to be holding a closed umbrella above their heads.

Not to mention the fact that the rain poncho + umbrella combo is a bit redundant.  One of these things is not necessary and could have been omitted in favor of some articulation.  Elbow joints at the very least.

People hated on the Lammily doll for being "boring"

For the record, I hated on the Lammily doll for the awkward name.

Lammily was never the doll's name.  That was just the name of the brand.  The doll was simply called "Traveler".  Kids were encouraged to name the doll themselves and could even print passports from the website with their chosen name on it.

But it's still a stupid name, for a brand or anything else. :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:21:53 AM by SaelaVe »

DeviantArt  |  Flickr  |  Instagram

"They say nothing is impossible; but I do nothing every day."

Offline Knightfire

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
    • Growing Up is for Quitters
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
It would have been awesome if they’d used Drac’s Forbitten Love set umbrella, iirc that one was open.

Offline taffeta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fearleader
    • View Profile
    • Britrock: The UK Home of the Misfits
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2018, 04:04:28 PM »
It's basically dead here. Smyths have clearanced everything and not restocked. TRU have started slowly discounting very old stock. Entertainer doesn't sell it and the supermarkets no longer really have anything MH. So I expect the UK probably won't get these. I'm not even sure that Argos is carrying them now other than the end of line Electrified dolls they've had for ages...

我が生きる場所は
生と死の狭間