collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

No calendar events were found.

Author Topic: It's almost Toy Fair time!  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
Re: It's almost Toy Fair time!
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2018, 01:04:49 PM »
This is all I've found for Enchantimals, and apart from the doll descriptions posted by Darth, I haven't seen _anything_ for MH :( I know in previous years they sometimes had MH stuff in a different room to the main showroom or w/e, could that be the case this year? Either that or they really are done for good, I suppose.

EAH wasn't at Toy Fair last year but we are still getting dolls. They only have limited stuff in the press area that they want to drum up attention for but there's still stuff only the store buyers can see.
The EAH line is dead, the only reason that Mattel hasn't canceled EAH officially is that Mattel signed a multi-year contract with Netflix. Part of Mattel's deal to get EAH on Netflix was that they would display the 'Watch EAH on Netflix!' blurb on the boxes. Because Mattel's deal with Netflix is still going on, they can't officially cancel the line without breaking contract. At this point, breaking the contract with Netflix would cost more than the EAH line brings in, so they have to keep putting out a few bad budget lines until the contract is up. They don't have any real designers on EAH anymore though, which is why EAH is only releasing budget lines with no articulation, cheap minidresses in pre-existing patterns, and recolored versions of previous accessories. That is the sad background/business truth about EAH, and why the line hasn't been officially canceled yet. EAH was already in a sales slump, and Disney's Descendants (which is essentially the same concept except with the more recognizable Disney versions of the fairytale parents) put the nails in the coffin on the EAH line.

Ooooh, I had no idea about this :O That explains a hell of a lot, dang.

Offline ghostasaurusrex

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
    • View Profile
    • Ghostasaurusrex's toy blog
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
The youtuber The Doll Circle is having a livestream on instagram from new york as she went to toy fair and I asked if they had any MH this year in the Mattel area and she said there was not.  :cry:

Offline rco55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2018, 02:05:44 PM »
The EAH line is dead, the only reason that Mattel hasn't canceled EAH officially is that Mattel signed a multi-year contract with Netflix. Part of Mattel's deal to get EAH on Netflix was that they would display the 'Watch EAH on Netflix!' blurb on the boxes. Because Mattel's deal with Netflix is still going on, they can't officially cancel the line without breaking contract. At this point, breaking the contract with Netflix would cost more than the EAH line brings in, so they have to keep putting out a few bad budget lines until the contract is up. They don't have any real designers on EAH anymore though, which is why EAH is only releasing budget lines with no articulation, cheap minidresses in pre-existing patterns, and recolored versions of previous accessories. That is the sad background/business truth about EAH, and why the line hasn't been officially canceled yet. EAH was already in a sales slump, and Disney's Descendants (which is essentially the same concept except with the more recognizable Disney versions of the fairytale parents) put the nails in the coffin on the EAH line.

That is heartbreaking :( But yeah, EAH seemed to not be working in many places. Here in Panama the dolls barely sold at all after a while, and I heard it was the case in many places as well. Hopefully Monster High will still have a couple of years left, but seeing as there was no MH this year, i'm not holding my breath for it lasting too long :(

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2018, 04:57:33 PM »

That is heartbreaking :( But yeah, EAH seemed to not be working in many places. Here in Panama the dolls barely sold at all after a while, and I heard it was the case in many places as well. Hopefully Monster High will still have a couple of years left, but seeing as there was no MH this year, i'm not holding my breath for it lasting too long :(
Im keeping my fingers crossed for Monster High. I really hope that maybe if Mattel cools it with the budget lines and keeps giving us decent lines with articulation that it will be enough to keep Monster High alive. If not, idk what will happen... There are rumors that Hasbro is still very keen to obtain Mattel, I wonder if the sale eventually goes through sometime in the future whether Hasbro would try and reboot MH?
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline rco55

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2018, 07:08:38 AM »
There are rumors that Hasbro is still very keen to obtain Mattel, I wonder if the sale eventually goes through sometime in the future whether Hasbro would try and reboot MH?

Mattel keeps declining, even though they're not doing the best financially for what i've heard. They seem adamant in staying on their own, but the product they keep releasing isn't selling as well as it should, which only renders them to make worse quality product. For what i've seen they're applying a policy of quantity over quality and releasing stuff like crazy, and focusing the quality in licensing deals rather than their own properties :(

If Hasbro got Monster High though...Is it bad that I actually worry? the Descendants dolls seem so bland to me compared to MH or EAH :/  hopefully if that happens they'll keep the MH team and, who knows, maybe even release new head molds that will combine the best of G1 and G2...and MH C.A. Cupid will get a new release. Again, a man can dream ^^;
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:01:14 AM by rco55 »

Offline Morieris

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • MIB Collector
  • you're just jealous because I'm the chosen one
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2018, 08:13:34 AM »
Do we know when this contract is supposed to end?
Hairdorable for trade, ask me.[/size]

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2018, 01:12:37 PM »
This is all I've found for Enchantimals, and apart from the doll descriptions posted by Darth, I haven't seen _anything_ for MH :( I know in previous years they sometimes had MH stuff in a different room to the main showroom or w/e, could that be the case this year? Either that or they really are done for good, I suppose.

EAH wasn't at Toy Fair last year but we are still getting dolls. They only have limited stuff in the press area that they want to drum up attention for but there's still stuff only the store buyers can see.
The EAH line is dead, the only reason that Mattel hasn't canceled EAH officially is that Mattel signed a multi-year contract with Netflix. Part of Mattel's deal to get EAH on Netflix was that they would display the 'Watch EAH on Netflix!' blurb on the boxes. Because Mattel's deal with Netflix is still going on, they can't officially cancel the line without breaking contract. At this point, breaking the contract with Netflix would cost more than the EAH line brings in, so they have to keep putting out a few bad budget lines until the contract is up. They don't have any real designers on EAH anymore though, which is why EAH is only releasing budget lines with no articulation, cheap minidresses in pre-existing patterns, and recolored versions of previous accessories.

None of the dress patterns have been reused. Yes the accessories are mostly reused because new plastic molds cost a lot of money but new fabric patterns cost less. Also not all the new lines are budget without articulation. The Deluxe Back to School line had full articulation and all the new dessert themed dolls occupy that weird space between budget and basic where they have some articulation but not full except Apple who still has full articulation.

But back to MH we know there's at least the Ghostly Tea Party, Rainy Day, and Howling Hoodies lines on the way thanks to the Amazon listings but they didn't show them to the public at all. Almost like they are trying to hide them from the adult collectors who complain on YouTube and make it so the kids decide they aren't "cool" before even seeing them in stores.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline rco55

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2018, 08:37:41 PM »
Judging from what I saw in this video around 1:20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th1a9P8V2W8

It seems the new Danessa Deer will be released with a huge house that seems to be hers, judging by the giant antlers on top of it.

I'm seriously hoping that's not the case. Why is she only released with someone or something else! :(

Also, Mommy from Mommy and Gracie show pointed out in the end that she was told that no, there are no MH or EAH dolls because they needed space for Jurassic World and other initiatives, but that it doesn't mean that there won't be dolls...which to me sounds like such a cop out answer  ^^; I mean, yeah...there will be dolls. But it also shows that MH and EAH are not in their list of priorities anymore, something we already knew, i guess.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:44:00 PM by rco55 »

Offline Carrehz

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2018, 07:08:42 AM »
Yeah, I posted that over in the Enchantimals thread already, heh.

Offline rco55

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »
Yeah, I posted that over in the Enchantimals thread already, heh.

The video contains general information about EAH, MH, the toy fair itself, and also Enchantimals.

I'd say it's worth posting it over here as well, seeing this is the Toy Fair 2018 topic, heh. ;)

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2018, 10:53:30 AM »
Also, Mommy from Mommy and Gracie show pointed out in the end that she was told that no, there are no MH or EAH dolls because they needed space for Jurassic World and other initiatives, but that it doesn't mean that there won't be dolls...which to me sounds like such a cop out answer  ^^; I mean, yeah...there will be dolls. But it also shows that MH and EAH are not in their list of priorities anymore, something we already knew, i guess.
I think Mattel really prioritized Jurassic World and the Polly Pocket reboot this Toy Fair. I have my fingers crossed that Monster High will get at least one decent line with articulation and such.

Offline Manster Guy

• MIB Signature Lagoona
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2018, 11:29:25 AM »
I thought the overall Mattel doll presence was very weak at T F this year. Last years DCSHG and Enchantimals displays were huge, this year....DCSHG? yeah just put them over there on a table next to that table with Enchantimals...lol
They really focused on Jurassic World this year didn't they?
There are many of shades of grey between black and white.

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2018, 08:58:45 AM »
Turns out there was something Monster High at Toy Fair. Skip to around 7:55 for the MH part.

https://youtu.be/Us-_gfB-H3Y
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline Evilunicorn

• Down Undah Diva
  • *porg noise*
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2018, 12:08:34 PM »
Turns out there was something Monster High at Toy Fair. Skip to around 7:55 for the MH part.

Lol well you’re not wrong   ^^;

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »

Haha, you got me really excited for it to just be those mini squishies  ^^;

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2018, 09:10:20 AM »
Better pics. They made the main 3 metallic and added Catty, Venus, and Abbey, who is glittery.

https://s25.postimg.org/p5ag91tbj/basicfun23.png

https://s25.postimg.org/o309qhncv/basicfun27.png

Offline nassib

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Dawn of the Dance
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead - Last Ride of the day - Nightwish.

Nassib09, on Flickr

Offline Carrehz

• Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2018, 01:24:49 PM »
Oh.. er... well.... nice to see MH had *some* kind of presence at the Fair, I guess..?  ^^;

Offline Claire

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Down Undah Diva
  • Mess with gecko, you get a pecko
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2018, 12:50:36 AM »
Better pics. They made the main 3 metallic and added Catty, Venus, and Abbey, who is glittery.

https://s25.postimg.org/p5ag91tbj/basicfun23.png

https://s25.postimg.org/o309qhncv/basicfun27.png

Seriously?? Those ugly little things??

;_____;

Offline dArcangel

• Down Undah Diva
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2018, 04:02:18 AM »
Poor Venus is on her side. That just makes the whole situation 10 times sadder...