collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 39
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 3
  • Dot Users Online:

* Calendar

December 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Author Topic: It's almost Toy Fair time!  (Read 5952 times)

Offline SaelaVe

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • Dawn of the Dance
  • Full-time toy enthusiast.
    • View Profile
Re: It's almost Toy Fair time!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 03:24:49 PM »
There will be plenty of YouTube vids uploaded once the fair begins.

Yep.  MyFroggyStuff will be posting videos from the fair.  And TTPM also posts Toy Fair videos each year.

Offline ReversedUser

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Creative Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2018, 08:14:59 PM »
Every year I have a handful of sources I always check up on:

the Idle Hands blog and flickr

StitchKingdom on tumblr (they're a disney-centric blog, but most toy fairs they kind of go around everywhere)

The aforementioned Darth-alinart (blog here). MyFroggyStuff and TTPM as mentioned earlier are good too.

I'll throw in Lori/Venivididolli for good measure. She's great at compiling relevant info and her blog was a lifesaver last year when I really wasn't up for combing through walk-n-talk videos or flickr albums on my phone.

Offline smileshy22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Keep on smiling! ☺
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 12:24:53 PM »
Speaking of Darth, they've posted descriptions of new MH dolls:
https://darth-alinart.tumblr.com/post/170947208102/new-mh-dolls-description

Offline Kara Zor-El

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Monster Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 12:40:16 PM »
12-inch dolls?!
I make the dolls Mattel won't.

Offline VoidChilde

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 01:16:05 PM »
I love both concepts and I hope the Howling Hoodies ones are articulated as well but as Kara said...12 inches? Why are they adding an inch to the dolls? Are they going to start making them bigger for smaller children..? I don't understand the decision to make them bigger by an inch...

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
  • Doll Lover Forever After!
    • View Profile
Re: It\'s almost Toy Fair time!
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 02:08:52 PM »
Those slumber party dolls with the onesies sound adorable! I need a MH onesie!

Post Merge: February 16, 2018, 02:14:48 PM

12-inch dolls?!
I think Monster High has always said the dolls stand at "approximately 12 Inches" even though they are an inch or so shorter. I think its because 12" is the standard height for 1/6 scale dolls. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think MH has always labeled that as MH doll height.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:14:48 PM by Crimson Kitty »
(Profile Art Drawn By PuffPink)

Offline rco55

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2018, 04:47:22 PM »
The new lines seem cute, but i'm a little confused about the monster choices for them - For the tea party one, for example: Clawdeen and Lagoona don't seem to be the kind of ghouls who would be all fancy and throw a tea party. Ari I can see, but I'd much rather put Rochelle and maybe Cleo and Draculaura. They seem like the kind of ghouls that would actually be up for that.

The Howling hoodies - How is it called "Howling Hoodies" and you don't add Clawdeen to that group? and Twyla maybe I can see wearing a onesie, but Venus? kind of strange.

In any case I'm just happy there are new lines at all, and the tea party girls are articulated too. I'll count my blessings on this one and hope they can justify the choices with the style and accessories.

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2018, 05:10:53 PM »
The new lines seem cute, but i'm a little confused about the monster choices for them - For the tea party one, for example: Clawdeen and Lagoona don't seem to be the kind of ghouls who would be all fancy and throw a tea party. Ari I can see, but I'd much rather put Rochelle and maybe Cleo and Draculaura. They seem like the kind of ghouls that would actually be up for that.

The Howling hoodies - How is it called "Howling Hoodies" and you don't add Clawdeen to that group? and Twyla maybe I can see wearing a onesie, but Venus? kind of strange.

In any case I'm just happy there are new lines at all, and the tea party girls are articulated too. I'll count my blessings on this one and hope they can justify the choices with the style and accessories.
Totally agree that the doll choices seem odd for the line themes. The tea party line would have been perfect for Catrine. Maybe Catrine, Rochelle and either Draculaura or Cleo? I also think that the Howling Hoodie line would have been a great opportunity to use Silva Timberwolf again. I think Silva, Lagoona, and Twyla would have worked well for that line. I just really hope that the Howling Hoodie line has articulation, because I don't want to buy an entire doll just for the hooded onesie  ^^;
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:12:32 PM by Crimson Kitty »

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2018, 10:26:18 PM »

I'm thinking they can't use Draculaura and Cleo because both of them were just in the Ballet line and I'm thinking this line is going to replace the Ballet line.
Still seeking Indigo Astranova doll and Chase Twyla Vinyl!!!
My Trades - MH, Customs, and More!
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline rco55

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »
I'm thinking they can't use Draculaura and Cleo because both of them were just in the Ballet line and I'm thinking this line is going to replace the Ballet line.

But weren't Venus, Lagoona and Ari also on the Rainy Day Line they're releasing?  :blink:

Maybe they're just using them because there are too many of them in factory and they need to get them out or something? I don't really know how doll lines work in regards of one replacing the other, but it's kind of weird seeing the same characters over and over considering MH is one of the franchises with the biggest roster of characters to choose from.

(I still dream of MH C.A. Cupid making a comeback...a man can dream i guess ^^;)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:28:23 AM by rco55 »

Offline VoidChilde

• Ouchy Roids Monster
  • Genderless Faerie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2018, 10:36:25 AM »
Are they using only characters that have appeared in the series so far? Since I don't follow G2, I can't tell but I would've loved to see Honey and Elissabat for the tea party. Maybe even Kiyomi showing them some traditional Japanese tea ceremony tricks!

Offline Konzern

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MIB Signature Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 10:48:04 AM »
Are they using only characters that have appeared in the series so far? Since I don't follow G2, I can't tell but I would've loved to see Honey and Elissabat for the tea party. Maybe even Kiyomi showing them some traditional Japanese tea ceremony tricks!

So far, yes, with the exception of I think Clawd and Howleen.  Though some who appeared in Ghoul Squad also haven't gotten dolls (Catty and Operetta.) 

Even so, still a headscratcher of a choice.  Rochelle would have been a good choice for either, so would Toralei, both of whom have shown up in G2 dolls.
Sing with me a song of conquest and fate
The black pillar cracks beneath its weight
Night breaks through the day, hard as a stone
Lost in thoughts all alone

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2018, 12:36:45 PM »
Anyone seen any pictures of the MH stuff yet?
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »

But weren't Venus, Lagoona and Ari also on the Rainy Day Line they're releasing?  :blink:

Wasn't the Rainy Day line unarticulated? Maybe they are trying to rotate who gets an articulated doll. I know if I was a fan of Clawdeen and it was only Draculaura and Cleo getting jointed dolls I'd probably be unhappy if Clawdeen kept getting ignored in favor of the lighter characters.
Also seeking mini Catwalk Kitties fakies, Avea size Frightmares, this Galaxy Starz doll, these Novi Stars fakies, real Novi Vera Tabray, Twilight Teenz Nemonia. Trades Preferred.

Offline bewilderness

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Signature Toralei
  • Ponies and Monsters, oh my!
    • View Profile
    • Camp Crafty
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »
So, was there no MH stuff at Toy Fair at all??  I've been through a ton of pictures and haven't seen anything.
Pony patches and MH & EAH sewing patterns on Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/hiddendoors
Blog: https://campcrafty.wordpress.com

Offline rco55

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2018, 06:54:14 AM »
I was also looking to see if there was anything, but i can't find a single thing. The only video i found about Mattel's section at toy fair was this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElXVy8XpsM4

I did see Enchantimals for a split second, but not even new ones :( actually they were straight up wave 1 Enchantimals.

I hope they're just saving MH and other big lines for later in the week or something, i did see some vloggers there weren't allowed to film in some areas, so who knows.

Offline Carrehz

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Monster Hunter
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2018, 07:39:12 AM »
This is all I've found for Enchantimals, and apart from the doll descriptions posted by Darth, I haven't seen _anything_ for MH :( I know in previous years they sometimes had MH stuff in a different room to the main showroom or w/e, could that be the case this year? Either that or they really are done for good, I suppose.

Offline rco55

• Two Left Hands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2018, 08:31:42 AM »
This is all I've found for Enchantimals, and apart from the doll descriptions posted by Darth, I haven't seen _anything_ for MH :( I know in previous years they sometimes had MH stuff in a different room to the main showroom or w/e, could that be the case this year? Either that or they really are done for good, I suppose.

Danessa being released as a single is what dreams are made of for me. The only reason I didn't get her is because i'm really not that into enchantimals but I adore deer characters! hopefully it happens. And MH not being at the toy fair is definitely a sign of bad things, i feel. Hopefully they are and they're just being secretive about it or something.

Offline Wardah

• Monsterista
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 11:58:54 AM »

EAH wasn't at Toy Fair last year but we are still getting dolls. They only have limited stuff in the press area that they want to drum up attention for but there's still stuff only the store buyers can see.

Offline Crimson Kitty

• Pet Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »

EAH wasn't at Toy Fair last year but we are still getting dolls. They only have limited stuff in the press area that they want to drum up attention for but there's still stuff only the store buyers can see.
The EAH line is dead, the only reason that Mattel hasn't canceled EAH officially is that Mattel signed a multi-year contract with Netflix. Part of Mattel's deal to get EAH on Netflix was that they would display the 'Watch EAH on Netflix!' blurb on the boxes. Because Mattel's deal with Netflix is still going on, they can't officially cancel the line without breaking contract. At this point, breaking the contract with Netflix would cost more than the EAH line brings in, so they have to keep putting out a few bad budget lines until the contract is up. They don't have any real designers on EAH anymore though, which is why EAH is only releasing budget lines with no articulation, cheap minidresses in pre-existing patterns, and recolored versions of previous accessories. That is the sad background/business truth about EAH, and why the line hasn't been officially canceled yet. EAH was already in a sales slump, and Disney's Descendants (which is essentially the same concept except with the more recognizable Disney versions of the fairytale parents) put the nails in the coffin on the EAH line.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:24:50 PM by Crimson Kitty »